Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does the path of Helios Ray look like that of a bumble bee? What’s happening to it? I thought airplanes flew in holding patterns/virtual stacks, but ship could just stop if there is congestion, but Helios Ray seems to be doing assorts of crazy direction changes , I wonder why.
The sea is rarely stationary and if a ship stops it will drift with the wind, tides and currents. To stop that happening the ship needs to drop anchor and even then the ship will swing on the anchor according to the effect of wind and tidal currents on the hull.
In the case of HELIOS RAY we are seeing her drifting, repositioning and drifting some more. This is very likely because the Captain does not want to drop anchor. There could be a number of reasons for this - there could be submarine cables nearby (nothing to do with submarines!) which the anchor could snag, it may be too deep or the seabed may be simply unsuitable for anchoring but I would guess she is in an area with lots of seaweed. When you raise the anchor, the anchor chain is washed with high pressure water to clean off mud and anything else that may have attached itself to the chain but seaweed can be the devil to remove and it must be removed. Even a small amount of rotting seaweed stinks to high heaven after a day or two and it just gets worse. Cleaning rotting seaweed off an anchor chain is a job you will only do once and vow never to do again. There is an awful lot of anchor chain onboard and working with anchor chains is a high risk activity. Even the cleanest anchor lockers can become pretty ripe. Sometimes its unavoidable but if you can possibly avoid picking up seaweed, you will.
BTW although we use the term dropping anchor there is nothing reckless in this manoeuvre and it is more of a controlled lowering for the most part. It is the anchor chain lying on the seabed that stops the ship moving rather than the anchor itself.

DON PASQUALE in Zeebrugge​

I will reiterate that this ship didn't unload any Teslas whilst in Southampton docks and has not docked in Zeebrugge at an ICO pier where Teslas are handled. There is a distinct possibility however that she will move across to an ICO pier tomorrow morning to continue unloading. In which case there is a good chance that she has some Teslas onboard.
She departed Shanghai on 20 Sep and so any cars are Q3 vehicles that for some reason or other were not able to be shipped in time for delivery in Q3. I'm not thinking of thousands of cars here.

Last edited:
Hi, Sorry I am new to this forum. Basically I ordered my Tesla Model 3 on 09/10/2021 and was given an estimated delivery by the end of November 2021. Is there anyway I can track the ship which is carrying my car as I am from Scotland. Thanks.
I ordered on the same day as you. What did you order? Mine is LR Midnight Silver/Black with the upgraded wheels.

Hi, Sorry I am new to this forum. Basically I ordered my Tesla Model 3 on 09/10/2021 and was given an estimated delivery by the end of November 2021. Is there anyway I can track the ship which is carrying my car as I am from Scotland. Thanks.
Once you have VIN text/Delivery text then your car is on a ship, then follow Mr Miserable to figure out what ship you are likely to be on. Those with delivery early Nov (me!!!!) looks to be on Talia. There are a couple of ships behind Talia currently on their way and others about to dock in Shanghai so keep an eye on the daily update posts.

Tesla Delivery Team GB on Monday (18/10/2021) advised me that my car is on it's way on a ship from China and I will be kept updated by text messages/emails.

No sign of VIN yet.
Given this is mostly about shipping info then you may be best to look at the pending orders pages: Wiki - UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries to find out more about VIN and discuss other people pending orders

In that thread you will find a way to search the tesla account page source code for your VIN (assuming one is already assigned and its not a lease/salary sacrifice).

If you can find a VIN then you are most likely on your way to the UK, you should however have already had a text with the VIN or at least be getting one very soon.

Keep an eye on this thread for shipping updates and any chat re:VIN, spec etc for pending order use the uk 2021 orders and pending delivery thread detailed above :)

Reactions: Mr Miserable
LAKE FUXIAN has just departed Singapore after refuelling off the coast.
She has posted an ETA for Suez of 1900 31 Oct which is quite ambitious and will require an average of about 18kts to achieve.
If she makes it she will, according to my records, take the speed record for a Tesla ship on the Shanghai - Suez leg from HYPERION RAY. It will be an even more remarkable achievement when it is considered she stopped in Singapore for 12 hrs for a refuel.

TALIA is just entering the Gulf of Suez and has about 170NM to go to the southern entrance of the Suez Canal where she will anchor as her convoy forms up. I expect she will make the transit tomorrow morning.
Unlike the Panama Canal there are no locks and unfortunately no webcams either.

TALIA.png

Last edited:
DONG A GLAUCOS is now off my watch list sadly.
THEMIS, I still believe she may have some LHD Teslas onboard (from VIN allocation activity). She will route to Zeebrugge (15 Nov) via Piraeus and Livorno.
HOEGH KOBE is currently loading in Shanghai and will head off to Singapore initially but she is on a scheduled liner service to Europe and so I doubt Tesla will use her.
HELIOS RAY remains a ship of interest. I suspect she managed to squeeze-in a crew change in South Korea last week and so she should be good to go for another global voyage.
On the good news front I think I have identified a Tesla ship that will head to direct to Southampton and then on to Zeebrugge. She has yet to load in Shanghai but will arrive in Southampton towards the end of November. The ship is already very close to Shanghai but I'm not expecting her to depart until late next week. So if you have been told to expect a delivery in early December this could be your ship! I'm not going to name her yet simply because there is at least one person who uses this thread as a source of information to subsequently sell on.
Hi Mr. M, how is going with the secret Tesla ship? :cool:

Sold my "NISSAN LEAF HATCHBACK SPECIAL EDITION 160kW e+ 3.Zero 62kWh" on Monday (18/10/2021) as ordered the Tesla directly after test drive. Gave the order number to the leasing company as everything has been sorted. Currently driving a Kia Picanto in the mean time until my new Tesla arrives which I am hoping will be soon.

Has anyone paid +£6K for the full autonomous driving ?

Status
Not open for further replies.