Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let them first nail the detection. On certain stretches, it gets confused and changes between 50 and 40 instead of maintaining 50. Automatically adjusting the cruising speed with such issues wouldn't make a great experience.
They can’t have it both ways - they either need reliable detection before they started adopting the speed limit, or they don’t. What we have now is some roads it does, some roads and it doesn’t. A speed limit change chime would also be more useful than a traffic light chime. Part of my frustration is the disjointed nature of they way they implement things, none of it feels consistent or part of a well thought out roadmap.

Reactions: Mik3LR
They can’t have it both ways - they either need reliable detection before they started adopting the speed limit, or they don’t. What we have now is some roads it does, some roads and it doesn’t. A speed limit change chime would also be more useful than a traffic light chime. Part of my frustration is the disjointed nature of they way they implement things, none of it feels consistent or part of a well thought out roadmap.
I absolutely agree. When you build a software structure that works it’s all to easy to break something when you add to it or modify parts.
Tesla seem to implement things on the basis that on paper, it should work and in the real world, that just doesn’t cut it.

I mentioned a while back the car ignored a speed limit change on the A19 even though the display shows that it does see the sign - that issue still exists on this latest update.

As for automatically having the car change your speed for TACC or Autopilot; no thanks, I would never trust that, even with cars that do a superior job of reading signs as they all occasionally pick up an incorrect sign

The fix to read speed signs is also a bit flawed because if it doesn’t see a repeater then it just reverts back to what it thinks should be the speed limit after a few seconds which is a piss poor implementation. Why are Tesla so bad at this kind of stuff?

Knowing what I know now, I'm going to be more discerning the next time I'm looking to switch my car.

I feel like I was scammed on the £5,800 I paid for FSD - "Autopilot on city streets" was not "coming later this year" (in 2020). The stark reality is that I probably won't realise any real benefit from having FSD by the time I sell my Model 3, in tandem due to Tesla's indifferent attitude towards Europe and the glacial pace of UNECE regulation easing.

EAP wasn't a thing when I bought it, so I didn't have any choice in that respect, but I think I'd still be cheesed off paying "just" £3,400 for those features, having tried them.

The stuff I just took for granted in my previous car, and in cars I've driven since getting my Model 3 - are either absent or not fit for purpose. Auto headlights, auto wipers, etc - all defective by design. Anything else you can realy think of is conspicuously absent.

if Tesla bring out a Ludicrous M3 with ~100kW pack or something equally ridiculous, I'd be keen to stay, but next time around I think I'll be looking elsewhere. From what I can see even the current competitors are basically better in every respect except outright performance and battery efficiency, and I imagine they'll reach parity with Tesla on that front far faster than Tesla seem to be innovating where it actually counts.

if Tesla bring out a Ludicrous M3 with ~100kW pack or something equally ridiculous, I'd be keen to stay, but next time around I think I'll be looking elsewhere.

At the risk of going too far OT, I find it interesting that Tesla haven't release a single-motor version with the LR/Performance battery. Perhaps they crunched the numbers and decided it might cannibalise too many other sales, including the from the Model S when it eventually lands.

At the risk of going too far OT, I find it interesting that Tesla haven't release a single-motor version with the LR/Performance battery. Perhaps they crunched the numbers and decided it might cannibalise too many other sales, including the from the Model S when it eventually lands.
They have in the past, but wasn't available in the UK. Discontinued now.

• Informative
Reactions: browellm
You’re getting confused with the release that let them collect data using the camera
1657549659312.png

vs
1657549648564.png

How are these two different?!

Reactions: Adopado and Zilla91
Seems like all the UK Model Ys should have it, as @greentheonly on Twitter confirmed its for "AMD-Y and new S/X".

No idea if that means no Model 3s at all have it, perhaps on the next batch coming over around the end of September?
June Delivery Model 3 doesn't have IR emitters, not received this update yet but assumes that will mean it won't include the attention monitoring.

I wonder what that means for future self-driving capabilities.

Did you go for a drive to test this? It just shows the new speed limit and doesn't change the cruising speed automatically. So it's the current behaviour and new info on the screen. Plus audible alert for speeding works correctly as intended.

I mentioned a while back the car ignored a speed limit change on the A19 even though the display shows that it does see the sign - that issue still exists on this latest update.

As for automatically having the car change your speed for TACC or Autopilot; no thanks, I would never trust that, even with cars that do a superior job of reading signs as they all occasionally pick up an incorrect sign

The fix to read speed signs is also a bit flawed because if it doesn’t see a repeater then it just reverts back to what it thinks should be the speed limit after a few seconds which is a piss poor implementation. Why are Tesla so bad at this kind of stuff?
You obviously don’t live too far from me. I‘m looking forward to seeing if it finally reads the huge number of 50 signs in the roadworks on the A1 north of Newcastle. But you’re right, it must be far easier to program ‘see speed limit sign - display limit on sign’, rather than ‘see speed limits sign on certain roads, only if there’s a ’T’ in the day and in a year when Easter falls in March - display limit on sign’