Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
since updating to .20.5, When the car has slept overnight, when I open it, the alarm goes off briefly
I’ve done another 2 button reset so we’ll see if that cures it
anyone had similar?
Yup. I opened a service request for this, but have since read on the UK FB group yesterday of several people saying the same thing so I'm assuming its a firmware bug. Haven't tried doing a 2 button reset on mine.

My alarm goes off for maybe 2-3 beeps when I open the door, then spontaenously stops. No app notification for it, etc.

Reactions: Dilly
Another possible bug... Since updating to 2022.20, my MY no longer identifies itself to my gen3 Wall Connector (support for which was recently added to the Tesla App). When charging, it just shows as a generic white car in the "garage". Previously, it would show a blue Model Y together with its pet name.

IMG_3647.jpg

SWMBO's car, on 2022.16, shows up just fine.

Not sure how to report bugs of this nature to Tesla.

Another possible bug... Since updating to 2022.20, my MY no longer identifies itself to my gen3 Wall Connector (support for which was recently added to the Tesla App). When charging, it just shows as a generic white car in the "garage". Previously, it would show a blue Model Y together with its pet name.

View attachment 828793

SWMBO's car, on 2022.16, shows up just fine.

Not sure how to report bugs of this nature to Tesla.
There was an iOS app update yesterday or today. I don’t have a TWC so not sure if that fixed anything

It blows my mind how these bugs can get through quality testing.... assuming there is any quality testing.
People who get the first updates are the quality testers ;)

The rollout of 2020.20.5 seems to have ground to a halt - clearly should never have been released and has been stopped. Like you I don't understand how this got released with the alarm going off when you open the door, or even why that bit of code was even messed about with given what has meant to have been changed based on the release notes.

Reactions: DM206433
Yup. I opened a service request for this, but have since read on the UK FB group yesterday of several people saying the same thing so I'm assuming its a firmware bug. Haven't tried doing a 2 button reset on mine.

My alarm goes off for maybe 2-3 beeps when I open the door, then spontaenously stops. No app notification for it, etc.
Tried the reset but still goes off
stops when I sit on the drivers seat