Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure if this is specific to 2022.20.06 but I had my first scary incident using AP the other day. It wasn't phantom breaking, it was more related to Autosteer. I was on the left lane of the motorway. As we drove past one of the exits the car, right at the last minute, pulled hard to the left, as if it was going to exit the motorway right at the last minute. I had to jump in quick and take control to keep us in the left-hand lane.

I can only assume Autosteer thought the exit road was the road it was meant to follow. It was pretty unsettling to be honest.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Yes - on earlier software. Probably best to deactivate auto steer momentary when passing anything that could possibly be misinterpreted.

Reactions: pault1981
Yes - on earlier software. Probably best to deactivate auto steer momentary when passing anything that could possibly be misinterpreted.
Yes had that several times on the run up from High Wycombe to Aberdeenshire. Very disconcerting.. some just a little snatch. Others quite a tug.. couldn't figure out why they should be different or why it happens at some junctions and not others. I also had the problem with the indicators only blinking 3 times despite a hard tight on the stalk. This left the lane departure beeping. Also had another problem with the indicators not disengaging after the double click to activate autopilot. I'm waiting for .20 to hopefully cure this.

Did a 70 mile round trip on 2022.20.5 with NoA thrown into the mix when on the M4 on Saturday. Found there were zero nags for the 20 miles I had NoA engaged on the way out, on the return it only nagged me once. Not sure if it's an improvement or I subconsciously "applied pressure" more than normal to the steering wheel as I was showcasing NoA and auto lane changing to the passenger in the back and didn't want to risk their life and limb...

The visualisations are still a mess compared to 2022.12.3.x I was parallel parking and it detected one of the cars opposite as a giant lorry and overlapped itself with the image of my car. In a similar vein I'm finding it's not picking up parking spaces as well as it did, even when the lines are bright and clearly painted. Also doesn't detect spaces for parallel parking as good as before, success rate was usually 9/10 times previously and so far, it's 0/10.
Nags reset if you use the scroll wheel. I have driven for a long time by periodically increasing and decreasing speed by 1 mile using the scroll wheel.

• Informative
Reactions: Bouba
Correct. Since AP is a collection of many features best to say which feature was tested since the behaviour could be quite different between auto steer and NoA.
Since we can’t separate out the elements of Autopilot it’s surely clearer for everyone if the term AP is used when AP is in use and NoA when navigate on Autopilot is in use and TACC when traffic aware cruise control is in use. Using the term “auto steer” is a recipe for confusion in my opinion.

Looks like the sw update has now commenced correctly and is progressing slowing but it is now >60%

Wonder if it fixes the Disney plus login screen. Can’t imagine Disney are too happy (I take it that they’d pay Tesla monies to have their app accessible in the car?).

I can report still no fix for the Disney plus login issue. Screen seemingly does not recognise the enter key on PIN entry.

Last edited:
Reactions: diddy84