Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.40.4.1 am I screwed out of FSD beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As couple of weeks back, I decided I wouldnt
Ok, technically correct. 🤔.

Bottom line - don't install a mainstream version higher than whatever the next FSD will be. I'm guessing it will be 2022.40.something, so don't go to 2022.44.something. The newer version may download but don't install it if FSDb is your objective.
That was my outlook and plan also, but with no apparent movement for a couple of weeks on the 2022.40.5 internal testing, I changed my mind and I allowed it to install 2022.44.2 yesterday.

It's possible this will keep me out of joining beta if something happens very soon, but my bet is that truly wide ability will come with or soon after the holiday update and they will straighten out the version lag issue at that point.

I allowed it to install 2022.44.2 yesterday.

It's possible this will keep me out of joining beta if something happens very soon, but my bet is that truly wide ability will come with or soon after the holiday update and they will straighten out the version lag issue at that point.
Maybe. Maybe not. Nobody here knows what base version the next FSDb will use and Tesla isn't saying. We can only speculate based on early release versions.

The current FSDb to the mass beta test group is 10.69.3.1, aka 2022.36.20.

The latest early release is 10.69.3.2, aka 2022.40.4.5, only one major release behind the mainstream 2022.44.x. I believe that is the early release version of the infamous "version 11" or "single stack" FSD.

Personally I don't see anything in 2022.44 that I value so I gain little by installing but risk not getting FSDb in the next round, if that were my choice. But you very well could be correct despite Tesla's history. Going to 2022.44 now is a gamble, as you stated.

I also find these FSD version names confusing:

10.69.3.1 = 2022.36.20 = version 10
10.69.3.2 = 2022.40.4.5 = version 11

Not to be confused with the map version, which is a different story. I'm sure someone will speak up if I've misstated anything. 😉

Reactions: JHCCAZ
I believe that is the early release version of the infamous "version 11" or "single stack" FSD.
No that is version 10.

2022.40.5 is 11.

2022.40.4.5 is 10

Allegedly, according to the various websites.

No one who is not important gets 11.

And if it goes wide none of this matters since that just means everyone (except those on even more advanced FSD versions) gets it (probably 10) automatically. (The only definition of wide.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Gbills
Maybe. Maybe not. Nobody here knows what base version the next FSDb will use and Tesla isn't saying. We can only speculate based on early release versions.

The current FSDb to the mass beta test group is 10.69.3.1, aka 2022.36.20.

The latest early release is 10.69.3.2, aka 2022.40.4.5, only one major release behind the mainstream 2022.44.x. I believe that is the early release version of the infamous "version 11" or "single stack" FSD.

Personally I don't see anything in 2022.44 that I value so I gain little by installing but risk not getting FSDb in the next round, if that were my choice. But you very well could be correct despite Tesla's history. Going to 2022.44 now is a gamble, as you stated.

I also find these FSD version names confusing:

10.69.3.1 = 2022.36.20 = version 10
10.69.3.2 = 2022.40.4.5 = version 11

Not to be confused with the map version, which is a different story. I'm sure someone will speak up if I've misstated anything. 😉
Yes, it just comes down to a judgment call and I'm well aware of all the versions. In this thread, I have previously given advice that people who are anxious for the beta might not want to go beyond 2022.40.x For me, it was just easier to go with the flow of the offered update rather than push it out. No great loss if 40.x goes wide suddenly and I have to go another few weeks without it. We'll see.

Highly recommend that you call Tesla to verify that your cameras are showing as updated in their system after the install of your new cameras. There are a ton of people that said their cams still showed as RCCC in teslas system.. when they should show RCCB
Thanks. How have people been verifying? Through the service app? Calling tesla is generally a chat with their automated answering system.

Reactions: Jarvis20
I just got my car back from service. Before I took the car in I had FSD Beta. I picked up my car today and my software is on 2202.44.2 and I no longer have FSD Beta. The safety score has also showed up on my app. I don't want to go through that again. Do I need to contact service department to get it back? Thanks

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
I just got my car back from service. Before I took the car in I had FSD Beta. I picked up my car today and my software is on 2202.44.2 and I no longer have FSD Beta. The safety score has also showed up on my app. I don't want to go through that again. Do I need to contact service department to get it back? Thanks
I see your post was at 2:09 pm today. Sorry to ask but I got to know. How did you not notice and why didn’t you address it at the time or a least go back. I’m not a basher poster just curiosity got the best of me.

Same happened to me. My Tesla dealership told me there's nothing they can do, and all I need to do is opt back in to FSD beta and I should have it the next morning because now 'it's available for everyone'
Nope.
We've just got to wait for the update that enabled FSD beta access for 'anyone'.

I see your post was at 2:09 pm today. Sorry to ask but I got to know. How did you not notice and why didn’t you address it at the time
I see your post was at 2:09 pm today. Sorry to ask but I got to know. How did you not notice and why didn’t you address it at the time or a least go back. I’m not a basher poster just curiosity got the best of me.
I noticed I didn’t have it right away driving home. There was another update in que so I thought it might fix the situation. Turns out it was a nag update
or a least go back. I’m not a basher poster just curiosity got the best of me.

Reactions: Gbills
Has happened to me as well in the past. You’ll just have to wait for the next version Of FSD.