Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.8.10.1 on MCU1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got .5 installed. Looks the same as .1... Haven't had the MCU1 reboot since these updates. Still won't update the NAV data. Guess I'll be swapping the SD card sometime soon.. It's just a nuisance to get updated map data(I know the SD card is Really old!)...
Another $.02
Kaveman

Reactions: dbldwn02
The built in one...TeslaCam, Dashcam, SentryCam...same same.
Ah. I forgot there was a period of MCU1/AP2 cars between my 2014 MCU1/AP1 and my parents' 2018 MCU2/HW2

FWIW, I got 2022.8.10.5 last night. I'm probably going to pull apart my dash and change the nav SD card this weekend. I have a new Sandisk 32G Industrial XI (good to 85C) waiting...

Ah. I forgot there was a period of MCU1/AP2 cars between my 2014 MCU1/AP1 and my parents' 2018 MCU2/HW2

FWIW, I got 2022.8.10.5 last night. I'm probably going to pull apart my dash and change the nav SD card this weekend. I have a new Sandisk 32G Industrial XI (good to 85C) waiting...
I also got 2022.8.10.5 last night, and all seems fine except it is having trouble downloading the release notes.
Not much difference from ...10.1 that I can tell (MCU1 no AP).

Agreed. I've seen others say that they have heard nothing but negative reports from those who have taken the updates but I thin it's a care of selective hearing/reading. Confirmation bias. I'm one who has installed all of the updates and typically has negative (or nothing) to say about them. This is the first one I can think of in years that actually adds useful end-user customization in ways that are appreciable and impactful... even if they aren't massive. Positive is positive so I have to give credit where credit is due.
Says an owner who no longer has an 85 pack car...

No much positive I can say about my SuC speed since 2019...

I noticed this bug after installing 2022.8.10.5, but believe it appeared from 2022.8.10.1: The media (from usb mp3's) no longer display the album name on the flatscreen. Still shown on the instrument cluster when selected, though.

This thread seems to have gotten mixed with the 2022.8.10.5 thread, so look there too.

I’ve two issues I’ve not seen anyone else have yet, there are times when the LTE signal will drop out and then it won’t ever reconnect without a reboot…

In addition, when I select a location to navigate too it won’t ever confirm and start the route, again even after a reboot or connected via Wi-Fi.

Any ideas?

Anyone else notice that the option to fire up FM radio has been removed with the latest firmware updates? In the years we've owned these cars I haven't once used FM radio although I always saw the icon. Last night, the wife and I went to a drive-in, sat there before the movie started for like 10 minutes trying to find the FM option in the menu and then gave up and left. It's one thing to remove it from the new cars physically but to remove the software that supports it for the older cars that have the hardware is an entirely different situation.

Can confirm: operator error. The "Radio" was indeed disabled in the sources menu which is buried in an odd place in the audio options menu that I totally forgot even existed. Back to not needing the FM radio again probably for several years so that I forget how to get to it again the next time I need it. 😂

Thanks for the suggestion all and I'm embarrassed to admit making such a n00b mistake and blaming Tesla. They're still to blame for all of the other firmware issues I have though so this doesn't let them off the hook. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: byeLT4 and bmah
Did some also have weaker audio with uhfs after this update?
Yes.
2022.8.10.5 broke everything for me. Audio is messed up. No more bass at all and thus the PDC sounds are gone. The whole door speakers and the sub ain´t working. After a hard reboot You can hear the system testing all speakers, and that time they work. Once finished booting it´s shot.
Here it is described too, however reboot didn´t fix it for me

And to make things worse- I do have standard Audio on my "S" but now DOLBY shows up (Premium feature), so I guess something is botched software wise:

Attachments

• IMG_8150.JPG
    IMG_8150.JPG
    834.5 KB · Views: 127