Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.8.10.1 on MCU1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anybody know:
What exactly is 2022.8.10.5?
How is it different from 2022.8.10.1?
It's downloading on my MX mcu1 FSD.
Thanks
I find that 50 percent of the time, when backing into a SC, I get prompted to auto park.

Overall 2022.8.10.x has improved the slow response on the touch screen and also I don’t experience as many display black outs. Also, basic summon works more than 50 percent of the time. It was under 1 percent before the update to 2022.8.10.1

I haven’t tried smart summon yet.

I don’t know what the difference is but I just installed 2022.8.10.5 on my MCU1 S.
1662571753981.png

I find that 50 percent of the time, when backing into a SC, I get prompted to auto park.

Overall 2022.8.10.x has improved the slow response on the touch screen and also I don’t experience as many display black outs. Also, basic summon works more than 50 percent of the time. It was under 1 percent before the update to 2022.8.10.1

I haven’t tried smart summon yet.
Yes indeed. The mcu touch response has greatly improved.

Reactions: what-mmc-recal
I got the notice today for 2022.8.10.5, though I am having the MCU upgraded on Thursday anyway.

Has anyone started getting intermittent warnings about "Air suspension adjustment unavailable" since the update to 2022.8.10.1, or is that just another lucky coincidence?

Oh.. this was actually a nice UI refresh, i like the new phone part very much.
Agreed. I've seen others say that they have heard nothing but negative reports from those who have taken the updates but I thin it's a care of selective hearing/reading. Confirmation bias. I'm one who has installed all of the updates and typically has negative (or nothing) to say about them. This is the first one I can think of in years that actually adds useful end-user customization in ways that are appreciable and impactful... even if they aren't massive. Positive is positive so I have to give credit where credit is due.

Reactions: bmah and kavyboy
I am heartily sick of the shoddy software Tesla continues to dump on us. Just ONCE I'd like to see an update that actually fixed something without introducing new bugs. I guess Tesla's software engineers never heard of regression testing :mad:
2022.8.10.1 fixed my dashcam. It's been operating at 100% for a couple months now. For the past 2 years, I could only get it to record for 5 minutes before crashing. 2017 MCU1/FSD.

• Informative
Reactions: Krash
P85D MCU1/AP1/original eMMC currently on: 2021.24.28.2

I've been having a ton of scroll wheels glitching, MCU screen lag, and black-out non-responsive MCU screen. This is a pain as it seems to put the vehicle in a sort of limp mode when the MCU screen is blank (chill acceleration and pegged to 40kW supercharging). These black out session can last hours sometimes. eMMC status still shows green on app, but i would like to bring it in early. might try to schedule a service visit soon/

Hoping 2022.8.10.5 fixes most of these issues and it is not hardware related. Installing it now.
*crossing fingers*

P85D MCU1/AP1/original eMMC currently on: 2021.24.28.2

I've been having a ton of scroll wheels glitching, MCU screen lag, and black-out non-responsive MCU screen. This is a pain as it seems to put the vehicle in a sort of limp mode when the MCU screen is blank (chill acceleration and pegged to 40kW supercharging). These black out session can last hours sometimes. eMMC status still shows green on app, but i would like to bring it in early. might try to schedule a service visit soon/

Hoping 2022.8.10.5 fixes most of these issues and it is not hardware related. Installing it now.
*crossing fingers*

I don't have AP1, but everything else and I got the update and it feels like a brand new car to me. LOVE the update for speeds, etc. Was about to go to MCU2 and now I feel like it is not worth the cost. I don't need Hulu for $1,700