Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Q2 production Model 3 missing matrix headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitely take what he said with a huge grain of salt. I doubt anyone at the sales centres knows anything. If you know anyone at the supply chain maybe.

Personally I am just waiting on the news that new batches start coming with new lights again.

After rejecting mine, it’s now showing May 5- May9. That’s a little too soon. I am getting some pressure from the other half to just accept whatever. 😥
There's examples already here, where SAs say a car has or does not have matrix headlights and then turn out to be wrong. Unless there is evidence of a direct message from Tesla HQ about this, I wouldn't trust what SAs say. I don't think there is any evidence yet so far that this is a short temporary change and that Tesla has reverted back to matrix in recent builds.

Reactions: tone228 and E90alex
I looked into upgrading to a LR that was refused yesterday in Cleveland (Black w White interior/ Aeros)…worked out a deal with the SA and my final question was about the Global headlights. Deal breaker if it was the old reflectors. Turns out they had the reflectors and the car got assigned to somebody else within a couple hours.

Anyone in the OH area turn down a spec like that in the past couple of days?! Anyways, it still appears that LR’s are still shipping with the old reflector lights.

I looked into upgrading to a LR that was refused yesterday in Cleveland (Black w White interior/ Aeros)…worked out a deal with the SA and my final question was about the Global headlights. Deal breaker if it was the old reflectors. Turns out they had the reflectors and the car got assigned to somebody else within a couple hours.

Anyone in the OH area turn down a spec like that in the past couple of days?! Anyways, it still appears that LR’s are still shipping with the old reflector lights.
What was the VIN / manufacture date?

Reactions: Neuro450
I would reject the vehicle, and plan on doing so in the coming week should I experience the same outcome. I'd demand a vehicle with Matrix Headlights.
Problem is I locked in funding before anyone knew about this whole thing. Not sure if I’ll be able to delay that and the rate I got was part of a promotion that has now expired

I’m at Vallejo SC. Just looking out the window. 10x model 3 in the lot. All white/black all of them have matrix light except one. I’ll see if I can get to them up close to check dates when I’m done with my test drive.
That would be super helpful thanks! The vin ranges are the most we can glean as only Tesla can look up production date (unless they still have it listed on windscreen)

build date and m for matrix. If multiple cars had same build date and matrix lights I didn’t report it.

5/2 - m
4/7 - m
4/17 - m
5/4 - m
5/3 - m
4/19 - m
4/28 - m
4/18 - m
4/21 - m
4/16 - m
4/22 - m
5/5 - m
5/1 - m

4/24 - old
4/25 - old

so only 2 cars out of maybe 25-30 i looked at had old headlights

bunch of them had note on windshield saying “hold charge port”

build date and m for matrix. If multiple cars had same build date and matrix lights I didn’t report it.

5/2 - m
4/7 - m
4/17 - m
5/4 - m
5/3 - m
4/19 - m
4/28 - m
4/18 - m
4/21 - m
4/16 - m
4/22 - m
5/5 - m
5/1 - m

4/24 - old
4/25 - old

WOW THANK YOU!!!! Seeing build dates with matrix in May suggest that it's not a permeant change and my SA isn't lying about my build (5/1) having them

5/2 - m
4/7 - m
4/17 - m
5/4 - m
5/3 - m
4/19 - m
4/28 - m
4/18 - m
4/21 - m
4/16 - m
4/22 - m
5/5 - m
5/1 - m

4/24 - old
4/25 - old

Wow! Super helpful! Looks like it's temporary shortage instead of a permanent change, if my 240xxx doesn't come with matrix, I guess I'll just reject and get one later cause why not.

5/2 - m
4/7 - m
4/17 - m
5/4 - m
5/3 - m
4/19 - m
4/28 - m
4/18 - m
4/21 - m
4/16 - m
4/22 - m
5/5 - m
5/1 - m

4/24 - old
4/25 - old

This is giving me a positive outlook.
I plan to visit the local centre on the weekend to check out their inventory too.

5/2 - m
4/7 - m
4/17 - m
5/4 - m
5/3 - m
4/19 - m
4/28 - m
4/18 - m
4/21 - m
4/16 - m
4/22 - m
5/5 - m
5/1 - m

4/24 - old
4/25 - old

Did you happen to notice if either of the cars with old lights were performance versions?