Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Q2 production Model 3 missing matrix headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sigh was told my VIN had matrix headlights and when I went for contactless delivery it was the old reflector headlights. Everything else was fine with the car aside from a minor panel gap. Tesla delivery guy told me once they get more parts they will retrofit but that was an absolute lie.

I couldn’t decline it because I declined other VINs that I got assigned without them. This was my last chance or they would have canceled my order.

Kinda pissed I’m paying $50k and not getting the latest features. Day 1 and feel like I’ve already been shafted by Tesla. They really don’t give a *sugar* about their customers I can tell.

On the bright side the car is bonkers fun.
Damn sorry to hear. How many VINs have you declined before this one? What was your order date?

At least the car is worth more now than what you paid for it.

Reactions: Kowalshy
Sigh was told my VIN had matrix headlights and when I went for contactless delivery it was the old reflector headlights. Everything else was fine with the car aside from a minor panel gap. Tesla delivery guy told me once they get more parts they will retrofit but that was an absolute lie.

I couldn’t decline it because I declined other VINs that I got assigned without them. This was my last chance or they would have canceled my order.

Kinda pissed I’m paying $50k and not getting the latest features. Day 1 and feel like I’ve already been shafted by Tesla. They really don’t give a *sugar* about their customers I can tell.

Same happened to me. How many times have you declined prior to this?

3 VINs declined before this one (1 due to being on vacation). Order date was early March.

Yeah true. Although idk if I would sell the car over just headlights.
I am close behind. Declined the first time because of the premium lights. Declined again due to fender misalignment. Going for delivery later today. Really hope things will work out this time...

Congratulations!

Enjoy your car for now and sue Tesla later. ;)

I am close behind. Declined the first time because of the premium lights. Declined again due to fender misalignment. Going for delivery later today. Really hope things will work out this time...
Congratulations!

Enjoy your car for now and sue Tesla later. ;)
Haha I love it so much idc about the headlights anymore. Would have never even know had I not followed this forum so it’s all good!

Reactions: tm1v2
Reporting back 2985xx with matrix headlights. Still had some misalignment with one of the doors but the wife was breathing down my back (we need a second car) and I didnt want to roll the dice in case it come out worst the 4th time, so we accepted. Best of luck to everyone!

A3CFAACA-EAFF-4EC4-BAA0-1216342B0817.jpeg

Reflector on the left.

After switching from a 2019 with premium headlights to a 2022 with the global matrix ones, I can say that the old premiums seemed slightly brighter looking straight ahead with less splotchy coverage and a softer cutoff line. That being said, I prefer the aesthetics of the global units, and they are still excellent.

Too bad these don't have dynamic cornering like my previous VW GTI HIDs.

After switching from a 2019 with premium headlights to a 2022 with the global matrix ones, I can say that the old premiums seemed slightly brighter looking straight ahead with less splotchy coverage and a softer cutoff line. That being said, I prefer the aesthetics of the global units, and they are still excellent.

Too bad these don't have dynamic cornering like my previous VW GTI HIDs.
Part of my desire for the global/matrix is the overall look as well. My last two cars have HID projectors and I'm not a fan of how the full row of reflectors look on the premium headlights. I'm still thinking dynamic lighting will come for the global/matrix headlamps (at least for adaptive high beams), just no clue how far down the road that is.

Tesla tried to deliver me a LR with a VIN in 297XXX range which has the old reflector lights. Refused delivery weighting for reassignment, I guess. This blows, already had a 2018 with the old lights and this was one of the main reasons for an upgrade. Will be very irritated if the next one doesn't have them.
Ugh I wonder if I received the car that you refused because I just checked my lights for my 2022 LR delivered 6/24 with VIN 297XXX and they’re definitely the old lights. Annoyed I just came upon this issue and now wondering if Tesla is going to do anything about it since I’ve already accepted it. I don’t mind the old lights since I didn’t have an issue with them but at the same time, I assumed I received the Matrix because that’s what I read should be coming with this car… and never double checked. The lack of communication is quite infuriating and the fact I paid the same amount of money as the guy who got better features is really not okay. Let’s see what Tesla says…

I think the reflector headlights are standard on Model Y non-Performance. There really isn't a problem with illumination with them. Maybe someday the matrix will have some new features, but that's never been promised. Getting a few M3 LR with matrix seems more like a bonus.

If you were Tesla what else would you do? The factory making the projector headlight is probably maxxed out. The other headlights they have plenty of and work as well.

Reactions: enemji