Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking back over the last couple of years posts, emails don't generally produce the info required.
Chat service is the most productive followed by phone conversation with a Tesla rep (not necessarily your SA).
Straight requests to name the ship almost invariably fail - be subtle!
Just had the following message back from my TA...

Thanks for getting in touch – yes I will be able to provide all that info for you. Just checked your account and at the moment your car hasn’t been assigned to the first vessel yet.

I know the first vessel will have a majority of Model Ys in so chances are you will be in the following vessels.

But end of the month we should have the forecast for all Feb deliveries –

Thanks

If you are leasing then you are at the mercy of the leasing company.
They will tell you when you will get delivery.
Just dropped in to my 'local' showroom at Cribbs (90 mins away). Spoke to another TA. Absolutely hopeless, although she was prepared to confirm there were 3 ships enroute to UK currently. Wouldnt have huge confidence in her as she also told me that as I had ordered the M3RWD with sport wheels I should expect to wait until March! That was the point I gave up trying to squeeze info from her and just left 🤣

Reactions: MoSkeeto
Hello
FYI two french medias (and maybe more in the near future) stated that all the M3s/MYs actually in delivery or to be ordered, will be fitted with the Ryzen processor, the new rear glasses and the new battery as well as the new audio system (for the premium interior afaik).
It is said that these information have been confirmed by Tesla.

Reactions: jmhumphreys
There seem to be alot of Vin being given to people with TM3's today, but i'm wondering where all the Model Y vins are? Anyone know of a reason no Model Y vins haven't appeared yet? Esspecially considering chatter suggests that the firsy boat to the UK has RHD Model Y's on board. Hmmm scratches chin.

Just got a text saying arrival date is being calculated. Logged in to site, Estimated Feb 02-16, VIN in source. Is the only way to track the cargo this link?

hoeghautoliners.com/my-cargo

I received the same text but mine was ordered through a leasing company so I can’t confirm the estimated date immediately.

Since the VIN wasn’t in the actual text does that still definitely mean that they have been loaded on the ship or just on the way to the ship?

These are the ships that are on my watch list at present: (current satellite positions)

GRANDE CALIFORNIA possibly heading to Koper
HOEGH TRAVELLER reportedly has some Teslas onboard for Zeebrugge (ETA 12 Feb)
VIKING SEA
PAGNA
HYPERION RAY very likely to be Tesla ship (Southampton 7 Feb)

View attachment 755569

Got this intel from a friend

Grande California is currently at Malaca Straits (between Indonesia & Malaysia) heading to the port of As Suways / Suez Port, Egypt, eta 26 Jan 2022 10:00 hrs
This vehicle carrier of Grimaldi Lines was at Shanghai, China on 7th January and at Singapore in 13th January.
Hoegh Traveller has arrived Singapore on 14 Jan 2022 19:59 hrs. This vehicle carrier of Hoegh Autoliners was at Manila, Philippines on 10th Jan and was at Shanghai on 5th Jan.
Hyperion Ray is at China coast, heading to port of As Suways/ Suez Port, Egypt eta 29 Jan 01:00 hrs.
This vehicle carrier was at Shanghai on 10th Jan.
Hoegh Traveller will depart Singapore on 15th Jan, and head to Piraeus- Livorno- Zeebrugge- Bremerhaven- Antwerp- Southampton, eta 22 February 2022.

These are the ships that are on my watch list at present: (current satellite positions)

GRANDE CALIFORNIA possibly heading to Koper
HOEGH TRAVELLER reportedly has some Teslas onboard for Zeebrugge (ETA 12 Feb)
VIKING SEA
PAGNA
HYPERION RAY very likely to be Tesla ship (Southampton 7 Feb)

View attachment 755569

Grande California is currently at Malaca Straits (between Indonesia & Malaysia) heading to the port of As Suways / Suez Port, Egypt, eta 26 Jan 2022 10:00 hrs
This vehicle carrier of Grimaldi Lines was at Shanghai, China on 7th January and at Singapore in 13th January.

Hoegh Traveller has arrived Singapore on 14 Jan 2022 19:59 hrs. This vehicle carrier of Hoegh Autoliners was at Manila, Philippines on 10th Jan and was at Shanghai on 5th Jan.

Hyperion Ray is at China coast, heading to port of As Suways/ Suez Port, Egypt eta 29 Jan 01:00 hrs.

Hoegh Traveller will depart Singapore on 15th Jan, and head to Piraeus- Livorno- Zeebrugge- Bremerhaven- Antwerp- Southampton, eta 22 February 2022.

Thanks.
GRANDE CALIFORNIA may possibly be heading to Koper Slovenia with Teslas. If she is I would expect her to arrive there around 2 Feb.
HOEGH TRAVELLER whilst the itinerary is correct any idea that this ship will be carrying Teslas to Southampton should be completely ignored. There is slight evidence to suggest she MAY have SOME Teslas onboard which she is transporting to Zeebrugge. If I'm sounding a little doubtful it's because this is one ship where if you have the VIN you can actually check to see if your car is onboard and I'm not seeing a flood on confirmations. 2 people in France is not very convincing. This ship is on a regular scheduled service (although the Manilla stop for a crew change was unusual) and is visiting some ports which are subject to port congestion and so the chances of her actually arriving in Zeebrugge on 12 Feb are pretty slim.
VIKING SEA is heading for Suez with an ETA of 31 Jan. This is quite a small ship and I would normally discount her because of her size but last quarter we saw her sister ship used by Tesla to ship cars to Southampton.
PAGNA is heading for Suez with an ETA of 01 Feb. Again, a small ship that was used by Tesla to ship cars to Southampton. However this ship was also used to ship MGs in the past and we know there is a shipment of those on the way at the moment too.
HYPERION RAY is the most likely Tesla ship. She is due in Suez on 29 Jan and I would estimate that she should arrive in Southampton around 07 Feb.
VIKING BRAVERY is a ship with previous 'form' of being chartered by Tesla. She will arrive alongside Shanghai later today and I will be interested to learn where she departs to.

Once a ship departs the Suez Canal her European destination will be revealed for certain however by then the supporting evidence is usually overwhelming and the Tesla ships will have already been positively identified.

Meanwhile over in California, GLOVIS CARDINAL has departed from Pier 80 and is enroute to S Korea. There is some speculation that she may have S/X on board but this is probably a bit too early and I'm hoping to receive confirmation from a source on this.

The chart below shows the latest satellite positions of the ships of interest.

Screenshot 2022-01-15 at 09.14.28.png

Last edited:
Thanks.
GRANDE CALIFORNIA may possibly be heading to Koper Slovenia with Teslas. If she is I would expect her to arrive there around 2 Feb.
HOEGH TRAVELLER whilst the itinerary is correct any idea that this ship will be carrying Teslas to Southampton should be completely ignored. There is slight evidence to suggest she MAY have SOME Teslas onboard which she is transporting to Zeebrugge. If I'm sounding a little doubtful it's because this is one ship where if you have the VIN you can actually check to see if your car is onboard and I'm not seeing a flood on confirmations. 2 people in France is not very convincing. This ship is on a regular scheduled service (although the Manilla stop for a crew change was unusual) and is visiting some ports which are subject to port congestion and so the chances of her actually arriving in Zeebrugge on 12 Feb are pretty slim.
VIKING SEA is heading for Suez with an ETA of 31 Jan. This is quite a small ship and I would normally discount her because of her size but last quarter we saw her sister ship used by Tesla to ship cars to Southampton.
PAGNA is heading for Suez with an ETA of 01 Feb. Again, a small ship that was used by Tesla to ship cars to Southampton. However this ship was also used to ship MGs in the past and we know there is a shipment of those on the way at the moment too.
HYPERION RAY is the most likely Tesla ship. She is due in Suez on 29 Jan and I would estimate that she should arrive in Southampton around 07 Feb.
VIKING BRAVERY is a ship with previous 'form' of being chartered by Tesla. She will arrive alongside Shanghai later today and I will be interested to learn where she departs to.

Once a ship departs the Suez Canal her European destination will be revealed for certain however by then the supporting evidence is usually overwhelming and the Tesla ships will have already been positively identified.

Meanwhile over in California, GLOVIS CARDINAL has departed from Pier 80 and is enroute to S Korea. There is some speculation that she may have S/X on board but this is probably a bit too early and I'm hoping to receive confirmation from a source on this.

View attachment 755901
Really helpful summary. This would also tie in with what I have been told in my email from Tesla indicating an ability to answer all my questions at the end of January (I.e. when the suspect ships have departed Suez).

Thanks.

View attachment 755901
Just wanted to let you know that my delivery is now scheduled for 8th of February in Leicester. Meaning cars should arrive UK couple of day before that.

Which ship is estimated to early Feb arrival?

Thanks.

View attachment 755901
I am very impressed! we should call you the supply chain expert!

They do preparation at the port in Southampton which takes around 5-7 days. My M3 in Dec 2020 arrived 8 days prior to collection, even though my collection was at Southampton Docks!
Thanks! It would be really helpful if someone who has experience were able to provide a typical timeline for shipping/preparation/delivery to different UK collection points. It would be really helpful to all those waiting who are trying to juggle releasing existing cars or who have some other pressure to identify dates. Anyone? 😃

Status
Not open for further replies.