Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the thing that’s been lost sight of is that none of this actually matters one jot :)

If you’re in the UK and you currently don’t have a collection or home delivery appointment booked, you’re not getting a vehicle this quarter unless there are some very last minute cancellations.

If you’re in the UK and you currently do have a collection or home delivery appointment booked, do you really care about which boat your vehicle is on ?

@Wattsisname summed it up perfectly - “I just want it to be on the Tarmac when I go to collect it”.

UK shipping news resumes, therefore, next quarter.

Reactions: Kingpopsy
I think the thing that’s been lost sight of is that none of this actually matters one jot :)

If you’re in the UK and you currently don’t have a collection or home delivery appointment booked, you’re not getting a vehicle this quarter unless there are some very last minute cancellations.

If you’re in the UK and you currently do have a collection or home delivery appointment booked, do you really care about which boat your vehicle is on ?

@Wattsisname summed it up perfectly - “I just want it to be on the Tarmac when I go to collect it”.

UK shipping news resumes, therefore, next quarter.
👍

Reactions: JOL1 and Toblerone
So, Glovis Splendor didn't go to Koper in the end 🤔

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220620-073148_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220620-073148_Samsung Internet.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 92
I've received the Bat signal.
Forget GLOVIS SPLENDOR - she completed her Tesla charter at Koper.
MORNING PEACE will deliver to Southampton and Tesla will try and deliver as many as they can by the end of the month.
She will then head to Zeebrugge and since she will arrive there in Q3 there is absolutely no urgency and cars will be delivered in due course.
There is nothing coming to the UK from Berlin at the moment.
I shall return in Q3.

MORNING PEACE will deliver to Southampton and Tesla will try and deliver as many as they can by the end of the month.
She will then head to Zeebrugge and since she will arrive there in Q3 there is absolutely no urgency and cars will be delivered in due course.
I shall return in Q3.
Thank for everything you do to brighten the EDD gloom.

I shall return in Q3.
Just wishful thinking, but: by « as many as they can » I, too, also assumed that they won’t be able to match and deliver the full load of cars by the 30th, with so few time slots.

Therefore, is it possible that some matching will actually occur for the odd-lots at the beginning of July when they’ll be in less of a rush? Or will they send those cars straight to inventory?

Just trying to assess if there is a *glimmer* of hope for an early July delivery in case my car has been hiding deep below the deck of Morning Peace. Not holding my breath though…

Just wishful thinking, but: by « as many as they can » I, too, also assumed that they won’t be able to match and deliver the full load of cars by the 30th, with so few time slots.

Therefore, is it possible that some matching will actually occur for the odd-lots at the beginning of July when they’ll be in less of a rush? Or will they send those cars straight to inventory?

Just trying to assess if there is a *glimmer* of hope for an early July delivery in case my car has been hiding deep below the deck of Morning Peace. Not holding my breath though…
This really is scraping out the old hope barrel :)

Given that vehicle collection is essentially self-service, all they really need is a selection of big car parks and a few minimum wage grunts to hand out the vehicle key cards, while ensuring that the gritty rags used to scrape the swirls into the paintwork are are Tesla-regulation sharpness.

Of course some vehicles will be rejected at/just after delivery, which will be "fixed" and recycled back into matching in early July. But there won't be many.

In short, if you don't have a collection date scheduled, you should assume Aug/Sep will be the next matching window ... and if you get matched before that consider yourself to have won the lottery.

I'm leasing, and the lease company has provided the RN number to me. This morning Tesla have confirmed that a car has been assigned to the order and is due for delivery towards the end of June. That seems to line up with the Morning Peace expectations...

I shall return in Q3.
Thanks @Mr Miserable. I thought we'd done this dance with GLOVIS Splendor already. Left hand cars I believe. Sanity is restored 🤪

I shall return in Q3.
Thank god you are BACK!!! 🤪 Normal services is now resumed!!!

My delivery is on 30Jun. Tesla insisting that the boat is arriving “in the morning”. Hence Morning Peace it is!!

Status
Not open for further replies.