Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday 07 Jul 22

Nothing significant to report.

I had a wade through the hundreds of ships currently anchored offshore and there is nothing of interest out there either. GLOVIS SYMPHONY, PORGY and RCC AMERICA are all on scheduled itineraries.

Links of interest

I still have 15 Aug as start of the delivery window. Isn’t that pretty much imposible now as ships will take 5-6ish weeks?

I still have 15 Aug as start of the delivery window. Isn’t that pretty much impossible now as ships will take 5-6ish weeks?
4 weeks is more accurate for shipping to UK so it's still possible.

Irish customers who ordered (Model 3 as late as June 17th) have seen their EDD's shorten to Aug/Sept. I am aware that EDD are known to change but it has advanced to the TESLA SMS messages going out to many customers today saying "Prepare for delivery". I am still puzzled as to how this is possible given impact of Shanghai closure on Q2 deliveries,

I sure hope that batch of ships in Sept includes mine. Current EDD is Sept 12 - Oct 27 (ordered 7 May). EDD hasn’t moved for a couple of weeks and oddly, the app shows no date at all now (even after signing out/in and reinstalling the app). Still there on the website tho.

I’m sure they’ll be pushing for as many as possible in my current window to arrive by end of Sept/Q3 rather than Oct ofcourse, but trying to not obsess given it’s a long way to go either way (especially when thinking about it multiple times a day!).

I’ve been largely checking this daily thread (and orders to delivery) since May and have enjoyed seeing everyone’s Q2 batch arrive. Cheers!

Reactions: DRS ACTIVE
This quarter it might be on the higher side so almost 1 ship per week for 5 weeks starting Aug 17th until last week of Sep. We shall see.

Approx 4-5k cars per ship.
The ships are often carrying European vehicles as well as ones for the UK though so we won't get 20 to 25k cars from 5 ships. Best quarter so far was Q1 this year with around 15.5k sales - which should be beaten, if further lockdowns don't occur.

I still have 15 Aug as start of the delivery window. Isn’t that pretty much imposible now as ships will take 5-6ish weeks?
As I stated on Wednesday:

The only ship identified so far as being very likely to be a Tesla ship is MORNING CHORUS, which won't commence loading at Shanghai South until 13 Jul and is due arrive in Southampton around 12 Aug, before heading to Zeebrugge.

That seems to fit with your delivery window.

Reactions: James7C2

The only ship identified so far as being very likely to be a Tesla ship is MORNING CHORUS, which won't commence loading at Shanghai South until 13 Jul and is due arrive in Southampton around 12 Aug, before heading to Zeebrugge.

thanks, I'm finding it hard to keep track. Ultimately all I need is to follow your posts only :)

Reactions: JOL1

@Mr Miserable . My delivery window starts from 9th August where it's been sitting for several weeks. I'm guessing this is an impossibility? E.g. MORNING CHORUS wouldn't potentially arrive any earlier than the 12th?

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Status
Not open for further replies.