Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quite new to the Tesla world, but could Teslas financial situation be part of the reason it seems they are less strict on the end of Q deliveries than before?
As I understand it, they have previously been close to bankruptcy and are making more money now, so they can afford to have at least some cars delivered after Q end? It would put a more even load on delivery teams, so should save some overtime and maybe keep some employees busy that would otherwise have little to do first month of each Q.
Tesla are cash rich now and are far from the perilous days of Model 3 development. Other car manufacturers can only dream of the 20-25% margins Tesla are currently making.
I don't think there has been a deliberate policy decision to ship over the quarter-end but I suspect the Chinese domestic market has been swamped. Why else would Tesla be offering incentives within China to take delivery by 30 Sep? Switching production early and parking the cars in compounds is no different to having the cars onboard a ship - they are both unsold finished product and will distort the balance sheet from previous quarters. Of course if Tesla achieve record deliveries in Q3 in excess of market expectations nobody will notice the much larger inventory figure and because of the increased production rate the inventory when measured against daily production will probably be proportionally the same as the previous quarter.

Is ZENITH LEADER of interest to us?
There are normally at least 10 RoRo's anchored off Shanghai waiting their turn to dock. At the moment there are only 2 (ZENITH LEADER and SEA HELLENIS). Normally the Haitong terminal is fully occupied however at the moment only a single berth is being used. I don't know the reason why it's so quiet at the moment. Could it be that the ROW car industry is finally awakening from its 'chip shortage' slumber? It certainly looks like there is more RoRo activity off Japan, Mexico and the US west coast than there has been of late.
To answer your question though, she could be depending on where she heads to.

It seems like HEROIC ACE is approaching the anchor area in Shanghai. GLOVIS SUPREME and HOEGH COPENHAGEN are also supposed to arrive there shortly, and a few days more BELUGA ACE. I have no idea how likely it is that they are "our" ships though.

I see CHANG SHENG HONG is at the dock now, a larger ship than the usual AN JI XX ones but still for the local market?

A little tenuous if this is the right place for this post, so apologies if not.

I have an update from Tesla via my lease company yesterday. Delivery is expected to be November but they have seen earlier deliveries but also late (usual non committal). Anyway, I ordered mid May and have seen early May orders being delivered in September. So from this I am assuming no deliveries to the UK in October...

Thoughts?

Reactions: Mr Miserable
HOEGH TRAVELLER is bound for Le Havre (12 Oct) and Zeebrugge on 15 Oct.
She is presently crossing the Bay of Bengal and is heading for Suez.
She is known, so far, to have a few Model 3s onboard. We don't know how many in total but I don't expect it to be many.
Although the cars are being shipped over a quarter-end this is clearly not a full scheduled shipment but rather a shipment of cars that failed to be shipped, for whatever reason, on their scheduled ship.
I'm still keen to get an idea of the number of Teslas onboard and so if you have your VIN enter it HERE and it will tell you whether your car is onboard. This only works for cars onboard Hoegh ships. Do let me know if a search is successful and please provide me with at least the first three numbers eg 620XXX.
I just got my VIN for Model 3 RWD white with black interior and the car is in HÖEGH TRAVELLER. Vin is LRW3E7FS8NC629XXX, delivered to Finland. EDD October 6-20.

my first post here and it feels like i am jumping the queue

ordered a MYLR on Aug 21st only to see the standard range announced very shortly after
after some thought switched to that on Aug 30th

The estimated delivery date was 7th Nov to 14th Dec
but this morning it changed to Nov 23rd to Dec 9th

I checked the hundreds of cars waiting for owners at the Trafford Centre Manchester at lunch time
and I can't see mine yet ! Looks like they will have a busy weekend clearing that lot.
There looked to be more there a couple of days ago than a week ago - maybe they had
so many they have to bring them up gradually.

• Disagree
Reactions: James7C2

ordered a MYLR on Aug 21st only to see the standard range announced very shortly after

I checked the hundreds of cars waiting for owners at the Trafford Centre Manchester at lunch time
and I can't see mine yet ! Looks like they will have a busy weekend clearing that lot.
There looked to be more there a couple of days ago than a week ago - maybe they had

Ah, 30 days in September. - i meant a busy Friday !

The EDD isn't really something to put any confidence in until you get a VIN. It tends to jump back and forth, and sometimes disappear for a while. It's not that long ago since I had an EDD that ended tomorrow, but my car is still not on any ship and maybe not even built yet.

• Disagree
Reactions: James7C2
Seine Highway arrived at Zeebrugge on Tuesday and is docked where Teslas unload, that's no guarantee it's carrying Tesla but....
I agree she is now at the ICO quay used by Tesla (among others) however when she arrived she docked in the Northern Inlet and was there long enough for a complete unload. There is nothing to suggest she was carrying - no associated VIN activity and no EDDs that tie-in either.
I'm pretty confident that she was of no interest to us.

I didn't spot anything of interest being unloaded in Drammen the other day from AUTO ACHIEVE although the weather was so awful it was difficult to make out the ship nevermind the cars. It does make me wonder whether cars delivered to Zeebrugge on GLOVIS SUN destined for Norway might arrive on CITY OF ROTTERDAM tomorrow.

Reactions: Michael C
It seems like HEROIC ACE is approaching the anchor area in Shanghai. GLOVIS SUPREME and HOEGH COPENHAGEN are also supposed to arrive there shortly, and a few days more BELUGA ACE. I have no idea how likely it is that they are "our" ships though.

I see CHANG SHENG HONG is at the dock now, a larger ship than the usual AN JI XX ones but still for the local market?
I monitor all the RoRo movements in/out of Shanghai's ports and have done since Tesla's first shipment. I'll post on here as soon as anything of interest catches my eye.

Reactions: ABCTG
Status
Not open for further replies.