Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be a huge reduction in messages on this group if people didn’t repeatedly ask the same question over and over again. Vast majority are answered at most 2 or 3 messages previously.
Would be nice if messages were concise and actually providing new info.

A friendly word from a moderator

I've asked many times for people to report posts that stray too far from the topic, rather than commenting in the thread adding more noise. Things had quietened down lately so either the volume wasn't too high to be an annoyance, or everybody was posting appropriately. What appears to have worked before is side bar conversations are lifted and moved to one of the other threads and I sometimes wonder if the people involved even realise their conversation is no longer directly in shipping.

So for everyones benefit, my thoughts (which are open to challenge): Sometimes it's a fine line between what contributes to shipping news, and whats just sharing personal news like your hidden VIN has appeared. We have a couple of other threads to discuss finding information about your personal order, so before posting on this specific thread, the general question thats worth asking yourself is "will this post help others?". The classic example is when a raft of VINs are released by Tesla, the first 1 or 2, maybe even 3 are useful to people like MrM, but by the time we've had 10 of them in a single morning, the value has gone.

There is no hard and fast rule here, context is everything, and a slow day with only a few posts might be more forgiving than a busy day with a couple of pages of posts, and I understand that can potentially appear inconsistent, but as this thread has had several million views this year it would be nice to try and keep it as informative as possible, especially as we're heading to a potentially crazy end of year push with the UK finally getting the MYP, Europe potentially getting new MS and MX models and I'm sure other twists.

I've had a quick look and drawn a blank.
I maintain a register of all the ships that called at the various Shanghai docks and keep an eye on where they head off to.
Nothing is leaping out at me
Could there have been any ships that missed Q3 deliveries and they have been at sea but got the cargo last month.

When I spoke to Tesla last week, they said that I would get the trade in offer when they were sure a vehicle would be available to avoid having to keep adjusting the offer.

I’ve got my fingers crossed but this could all just be an error somewhere I guess.

I see THEBEN is making her way into Shanghai. She is on a scheduled service and is believed to be carrying a load of Hyundai's. Why mention it ?
Well she will turn up in Southampton on 18 Nov and unusually she is heading first to the Western Docks - she would normally just use the Eastern docks. Teslas are unloaded in the Western Docks. At the moment with Tesla struggling to find ships to charter I'm not ruling anything out. Worth keeping an eye on possibly.

I've also got my eye on GLOVIS SUMMIT but she's a day ot two away at the moment.

Cannot tell whether it’s RHD or LHD cars here. If LHD then we may need to look for another ship for UK

Perhaps Glovis Summit?
They all appear to be LHD in that video, at least all the ones on the pier. I couldn't eyeball any RHD at any point in the video although granted we know there are some in at least one yard near the docks from the video earlier in the week.

Reactions: bainsy
03AA3962-F328-4BEC-B66D-220D565CDA2B.jpeg

Photo wuwa has uploaded on twitter certainly looks like Viking queen is mainly LHD from this photo, of course I know there may be some others but it means it won’t be a full load for UK. Now Mr M, any other favourites close by?

Quite frankly if there are any LHD being loaded then this will not be the UK ship.
A shipment to EU with RHD for Ireland is looking likely.
GLOVIS SUMMIT? We shall see...
If I am tracking the right ships and reading the ship tracker correctly.

THEBEN - Due in to Shanghai for 02:30am (in around 2 hours)
Glovis Summit - Due in to Shanghai tomorrow for 2pm

Not sure if WuWa plans to be there tomorrow.. 😅

If I am tracking the right ships and reading the ship tracker correctly.

THEBEN - Due in to Shanghai for 02:30am (in around 2 hours)
Glovis Summit - Due in to Shanghai tomorrow for 2pm

Not sure if WuWa plans to be there tomorrow.. 😅
THEBEN has docked as expected at Haitong but it looks like GLOVIS SUMIIT is heading that way too. If that is the case they won't be collecting the big UK shipment that has accumulated at Shanghai South.

Status
Not open for further replies.