Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick summary on the state of the nation:

HOEGH TRAVELLER has arrived in Zeebrugge. She was known to be carrying a small number of Teslas produced in Q3. VINs will show N as model year.
GLOVIS SUPREME I'm not overly confident about her, if nothing else because she didn't spend long enough loading to be a Tesla ship. We don't know where she is heading to either. We may have to wait until she is through Suez to find out. There are some VINs that don't tie up with other ships and so she may have some cars onboard.
UPDATE: GLOVIS SUPREME is now confirmed to be carrying Teslas ETA Barcelona 25 Oct

HOEGH COPENHAGEN
She is on a scheduled service and will arrive in Zeebrugge on 05 Nov. She is known to have some 2023 model year cars onboard.
DENEB LEADER She may have deposited some Teslas in Singapore and will probably still have some onboard to drop off in Dubai. She is presently heading for Oman before heading into the Gulf.

All the above ships are not 'Tesla' ships in the true sense, in that they have not been chartered by Tesla - they are just being used by Tesla to move some cars.

GRANDE CALIFORNIA is a Tesla charter and is full of Teslas heading to Koper, Slovenia and I estimate she will arrive there around 29 Oct.

TURANDOT is carrying a large quantity of Teslas to Australia. She unloaded some in Brisbane, is due to arrive in Port Kembla next before heading to Melbourne.
VIKING PASSAMA is currently loading in Shanghai's Haitong Terminal. She will carrying some Teslas to NZ (ETA AKL 28 Oct)
VIKING QUEEN is currently loading at Shanghai South. To be clear we don't yet know if she is a Tesla ship or where she is heading to but the timing is right for her to be the expected UK ship. If so, I expect her to arrive in Southampton around 10 Nov.

Over at Pier 80 in San Francisco, there are cars waiting to be loaded on to a ship. There is a lot of interest in this as it is hoped that these cars could be Model S/X bound for Europe. Hopefully some photos may surface soon. The hope is also that GRAND RACE will arrive in a few hours time to load them. If she does depart to Zeebrugge I estimate she will arrive there around 08 Nov. That siad, she could quite easily depart to the Far East - Taiwan, S Korea or Japan.

As always I will add the ships to the map here, so you can follow their progress. The ship's positions are updated every few minutes via satellite.

Last edited:
You may have noticed from the spreadsheets but the VINs produced are no longer necessarily sequential. They are building in batches and so a 49xxxx VIN may have been produced before a 48xxxx VIN. It has been noted elsewhere that a batch produced for NZ (being shipped on VIKING PASSAMA) have an N model year despite being produced in amongst all the other P model year cars. Weird!
So in other words, using VIN to guess build date and which ship a car may be on is more or less futile?

Just a quick summary on the state of the nation:

HOEGH TRAVELLER has arrived in Zeebrugge. She was known to be carrying a small number of Teslas produced in Q3. VINs will show N as model year.
GLOVIS SUPREME I'm not overly confident about her, if nothing else because she didn't spend long enough loading to be a Tesla ship. We don't know where she is heading to either. We may have to wait until she is through Suez to find out. There are some VINs that don't tie up with other ships and so she may have some cars onboard.
HOEGH COPENHAGEN She is on a scheduled service and will arrive in Zeebrugge on 05 Nov. She is known to have some 2023 model year cars onboard.
DENEB LEADER She may have deposited some Teslas in Singapore and will probably still have some onboard to drop off in Dubai. She is presently heading for Oman before heading into the Gulf.

All the above ships are not 'Tesla' ships in the true sense, in that they have not been chartered by Tesla - they are just being used by Tesla to move some cars.

GRANDE CALIFORNIA is a Tesla charter and is full of Teslas heading to Koper, Slovenia and I estimate she will arrive there around 29 Oct.

TURANDOT is carrying a large quantity of Teslas to Australia. She unloaded some in Brisbane, is due to arrive in Port Kembla next before heading to Melbourne.
VIKING PASSAMA is currently loading in Shanghai's Haitong Terminal. She will carrying some Teslas to NZ (ETA AKL 28 Oct)
VIKING QUEEN is currently loading at Shanghai South. To be clear we don't yet know if she is a Tesla ship or where she is heading to but the timing is right for her to be the expected UK ship. If so, I expect her to arrive in Southampton around 10 Nov.

Over at Pier 80 in San Francisco, there are cars waiting to be loaded on to a ship. There is a lot of interest in this as it is hoped that these cars could be Model S/X bound for Europe. Hopefully some photos may surface soon. The hope is also that GRAND RACE will arrive in a few hours time to load them. If she does depart to Zeebrugge I estimate she will arrive there around 08 Nov. That siad, she could quite easily depart to the Far East - Taiwan, S Korea or Japan.

As always I will add the ships to the map here, so you can follow their progress. The ship's positions are updated every few minutes via satellite.
Dear MR. M, I got a VIN last Monday (10/10) in France (some others got their VIN too). According to my TA, my car is on Glovis Supreme and she will unload in Barcelona on October 25.

You may have noticed from the spreadsheets but the VINs produced are no longer necessarily sequential. They are building in batches and so a 49xxxx VIN may have been produced before a 48xxxx VIN. It has been noted elsewhere that a batch produced for NZ (being shipped on VIKING PASSAMA) have an N model year despite being produced in amongst all the other P model year cars. Weird!
That is weird. It always used to be a Tesla thing to build out of order in th US only, but for the last year or so they’ve pretty much been built in sequence, this chart shows the change quite graphically. Having said that I’ve also read somewhere that if you look at vin ranges per quarter and the number of cars tesla say they made, the vin has gone up by more (ie Tesla say they built 100k but the vin incremented by 115k), so rather than out of sequence, there are sometimes just gaps. .Either way I think it’s difficult to conclude too much from the VIN

CD9049DD-CE78-497D-B9AD-5876279DFC85.png

Last edited:
Dear MR. M, I got a VIN last Monday (10/10) in France (some others got their VIN too). According to my TA, my car is on Glovis Supreme and she will unload in Barcelona on October 25.
Thanks for posting this info.
She is now appearing on the Barcelona port arrivals for 25 Oct as well, and so confirms your TA's advice. Great stuff.

Reactions: geolfrance
I have hidden VIN for 2023 Model Y LR and EDD of 5.11.-21.11. and the car is not on board of any Höegh vessels. Seems that currently tracked ships are not coming to Zeebrugge from where they are normally shipped to north europe (Finland in this case). Could there be ship that has been missed or could it be that Supreme or Grande California continues to Zeebrugge? Or could Tesla change their tactics and transport cars from Koper or Barcelona to Finland?

Reactions: Hippy
VIKING QUEEN has already updated her AIS destination to Singapore. This will probably be for a refuel before continuing onwards to Suez.
The latest WuWa video only shows LHD vehicles being moved but there is another ship in port and they could be destined for that ship.
The trouble is that her ETA for Singapore is 19 Oct which means she won't be staying much longer in Shanghai South - too short a time for a full load.
Lets hope the ETA is incorrect.

Last edited:
There are some wuwa shorts this morning which show Teslas being loaded, not sure if they’re going on AN JI 26 or VIKING QUEEN as both ships are docked. There's only one car in the short I can identify but its LHD
Viking Queen has double the DWT load capacity vs AN JI 26, so if the later is a Tesla ship, could be a local delivery? Lots of RHD cars in WuWa video dated 9th being parked up. I’m expecting to see a new video any hour now from WuWa.

VIKING QUEEN has already updated her AIS destination to Singapore. This will probably be for a refuel before continuing onwards to Suez.
The latest WuWa video only shows LHD vehicles being moved but there is another ship in port and they could be destined for that ship.
The trouble is that her ETA for Singapore is 19 Oct which means she won't be staying much longer in Shanghai South - too short a time for a full load.
Going to guess she has her load already - draught on arrival 7M, now showing 9.2M 🤔
Maybe ready to leave given her details have been updated?

And we were all getting our hopes up!! Haha. Does this mean that it’s unlikely for uk or just a smaller than expected to uk? I’m guessing if this isn’t looking promising there should be one shortly due to all the EDD starting in about 4/5 weeks?

We have a possible suspect vessel AQUAMARINE ACE.
She loaded in Taicang on 6 Oct and instead of heading north to Tianjin where she was originally scheduled to head to, she turned south to Singapore, which surprised me. She took a refuel there earlier today and is now continuing on to Suez and Barcelona where she will arrive on 30 Oct.
(She then heads to Koper 05 Nov but I doubt that would be Tesla related).
There is no evidence that she is carrying Teslas yet but her movements are such that the finger of suspicion must be pointed in her direction.
One to keep an eye on.

Last edited:
Reactions: rowedav and Jawbone
@Mr Miserable I just had my pitiful trade in offer from Tesla. It expires in 30 days (12/11/22).

Can there be a ship already on the way to the UK???

EDD 21 Oct - Nov 05
I've had a quick look and drawn a blank.
I maintain a register of all the ships that called at the various Shanghai docks and keep an eye on where they head off to.
Nothing is leaping out at me

Reactions: MGHG
Status
Not open for further replies.