Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's odd that GRAND RACE has changed her destination yet again, this time to Mokpo, S Korea. This is not a port associated with Tesla and so I assume the stop is to facilitate a crew change or other operational requirement. I still believe the ship will carry on to Taiwan afterwards.

I believe she will call at Malta and Livorno, Italy before Zeebrugge
1666630635017.png

absolute correct ... 👍

Reactions: Mirrormatch
Summary: Monday 24 Oct

GLOVIS SUPREME ETA Barcelona tomorrow. Will she continue on to Zeebrugge afterwards?
HOEGH COPENHAGEN ETA Zeebrugge on 05 Nov. The ship is on a scheduled service which means it will make non-Tesla related
stops on the way. Next stop Malta and then on to Livorno Italy.

All the above ships are not 'Tesla' ships in the true sense, in that they have not been chartered by Tesla - they are just being used by Tesla to move some cars.

GRANDE CALIFORNIA ETA Koper 30 Oct She is a Tesla charter and has 5000 Teslas onboard (724 MY, 4276 M3)
VIKING QUEEN ETA Barcelona 07 Nov.
GLOVIS SUMMIT ETA Southampton 16 Nov. She will shortly RV with a tanker in the Singapore Straits for a refuel before continuing on to Suez.
GRANDE ABIDJAN is enroute to Singapore (25 Oct). I am a bit puzzled by this ship (she's not big enough for a normal Tesla shipment) and so she may not be on Tesla business. We shall see what happens in Singapore... Could she be heading for Israel??
RCC AMSTERDAM is currently in the South China Sea enroute to a refuel off Singapore but we still don't know her final destination. It looks however likely to be an EU port.
HYPERION RAY has turned up and is currently loading at Shanghai South. Destination unknown at present.
RCC EUROPE has arrived off the coast and is currently waiting for HYPERION RAY to clear off before moving in to the berth at Shanghai South.

GRAND RACE is enroute from Pier 80 to Mokpo, S Korea ETA 29 Oct. She should then continue on to Taiwan.
NOBLE ACE is currently alongside Pier 80. I expect she will depart tomorrow to the Far East, probably Taiwan or S. Korea.

As always I will add the ships to the map here, so you can follow their progress.

Is it unheard of to receive a registration before getting your VIN assigned? I’m guessing my car must already be in the UK as I had confirmation of my reg today, despite Tesla constantly telling me keep an eye out for the txt with the VIN
Received message from tesla , ur model y arrival date is being calculated and will show in app shortly, we will be in contact soon to ask u to schedule ur collection appintment , please ensure your pre delivery tasks are completed in next seven days .does it mean its already in uk , i got my hidden vin on last thursday , its a rear wheel drive model y .

Received message from tesla , ur model y arrival date is being calculated and will show in app shortly, we will be in contact soon to ask u to schedule ur collection appintment , please ensure your pre delivery tasks are completed in next seven days .does it mean its already in uk , i got my hidden vin on last thursday , its a rear wheel drive model y .

No the car is not in the UK. If it were you’d already have a reg plate and a delivery/collection day.

Had the same message, due into the UK on the 16th of November, so hopefully collection after that.

Just had a hidden vin assigned today evening: RWYGCFS3PC557XXX. Base TMY RWD white/black. Booked 27.08.2022 in Poland.
Does it mean, that the car has just been loaded to Hyperion Ray and Hyperion Ray is coming to Bremerhaven?
No, more likely on one of the existing ships that have already passed Singapore as it takes several days after departure that vins start being assigned from previous examples.

No, more likely on one of the existing ships that have already passed Singapore as it takes several days after departure that vins start being assigned from previous examples.
I found conflicting data about moment of assigning a VIN. Some say, it happens when loading a car, some say, that it happens, when the ship passess SIngapur.
My EDD has not changed, it is December 2022-February 2023 from the first day. It has never been shown in weeks, like most of You here write.

I found conflicting data about moment of assigning a VIN. Some say, it happens when loading a car, some say, that it happens, when the ship passess SIngapur.
My EDD has not changed, it is December 2022-February 2023 from the first day. It has never been shown in weeks, like most of You here write.
My hidden VIN was in source the day after suspected ship left Shanghai…possibly earlier…if that helps.

Summary: Monday 24 Oct

GLOVIS SUPREME ETA Barcelona tomorrow. Will she continue on to Zeebrugge afterwards?
HOEGH COPENHAGEN ETA Zeebrugge on 05 Nov. The ship is on a scheduled service which means it will make non-Tesla related
stops on the way. Next stop Malta and then on to Livorno Italy.

All the above ships are not 'Tesla' ships in the true sense, in that they have not been chartered by Tesla - they are just being used by Tesla to move some cars.

GRANDE CALIFORNIA ETA Koper 30 Oct She is a Tesla charter and has 5000 Teslas onboard (724 MY, 4276 M3)
VIKING QUEEN ETA Barcelona 07 Nov.
GLOVIS SUMMIT ETA Southampton 16 Nov. She will shortly RV with a tanker in the Singapore Straits for a refuel before continuing on to Suez.
GRANDE ABIDJAN is enroute to Singapore (25 Oct). I am a bit puzzled by this ship (she's not big enough for a normal Tesla shipment) and so she may not be on Tesla business. We shall see what happens in Singapore... Could she be heading for Israel??
RCC AMSTERDAM is currently in the South China Sea enroute to a refuel off Singapore but we still don't know her final destination. It looks however likely to be an EU port.
HYPERION RAY has turned up and is currently loading at Shanghai South. Destination unknown at present.
RCC EUROPE has arrived off the coast and is currently waiting for HYPERION RAY to clear off before moving in to the berth at Shanghai South.

GRAND RACE is enroute from Pier 80 to Mokpo, S Korea ETA 29 Oct. She should then continue on to Taiwan.
NOBLE ACE is currently alongside Pier 80. I expect she will depart tomorrow to the Far East, probably Taiwan or S. Korea.

As always I will add the ships to the map here, so you can follow their progress.
are Hyperion Ray and RCC Europe Tesla Charters?

Or are you just making a note for now?

I take it glovis sumit has now arrived at Singapore for a refuel considering her speed has dropped to a mere 1kn?
That is where the map comes in useful. It also helpfully labels Singapore.
The vessel will anchor in the designated anchorage and a tanker will come out to refuel her.
Should take 8-12 hours.

Screenshot 2022-10-24 at 23.01.34.png

That is where the map comes in useful. It also helpfully labels Singapore.
The vessel will anchor in the designated anchorage and a tanker will come out to refuel her.
Should take 8-12 hours.

View attachment 867168
Great! Thanks for the tip! I didn’t know that designation appears when you zoom in! I’ll keep an eye on it, she is looking on track then, hopefully set off to Southampton by the time I open my eyes in the morning

Status
Not open for further replies.