Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After I received my VIN I also received the registration certificate (the grey card) and insured the vehicle.
And this is indeed funny, because all the formalities are resolved, the docs are in hand, but still no vehicle delivered.
M3 RWD blue-black

Hi Guys,
I'm new here. Thanks for the good job you are doing here to track shipments and give more insight on where Tesla is lacking in giving info.
Especially thanks to @Mr Miserable for the work he is doing.
I ordered a Tesla M3 RWD 2022 on the 11th of December with expected delivery around February 2022. The ETA is still that one, but I'm concerned because I have no vin and no date of delivery. My SA is saying that the VIN gets assigned as soon as the car touch soil from a boat in the netherlands, but reading the comments here I don't see this being true. So does anybody know what is the process for VIN assignment for Italian cars? I bought with Tesla Leasing.

Reactions: JOL1
I am just concerned about the storm and the vessels at sea. Not really the cars. But should be pretty nasty I guess to be at sea, right now. Anyone there can share experience on this and reassure if ithis type of weather is business as usual for the people onboard ?

I am just concerned about the storm and the vessels at sea. Not really the cars. But should be pretty nasty I guess to be at sea, right now. Anyone there can share experience on this and reassure if ithis type of weather is business as usual for the people onboard ?
Well there are only two ships that could be affected by Eunice - one is docked in Zeebruge and the other appears to be safe offshore based on Mr Miserable's post from last night - the next closest is still in the Mediterranean

Storms make the sailors sleep deeper at night. Roling and pitching is like cradling for a baby. Through storms and high seas I always slept best. Been all over the world and with all kinds of weather and seastates. Ships are made to withstand this weather and the sailors as well.

Reactions: jjluke
Never worked on car carriers but spent a few years on ferries in the Irish Sea and Channel. It's uncomfortable and hard work just constantly bracing against the movement in bad weather but not really a great risk for the ship itself. Berthing and unberthing are the dodgy parts when windy and when tugs were sometimes needed as I think has been said before. Car carriers with their large sail area to a relatively low draught would be especially susceptible. Only once had damage to the ship itself after a night of bashing up the channel from France to Ireland in similar weather to the current storm. On that occasion the bow visor failed but the inner door held which kept the water off the car decks - had to drop into Falmouth Bay to anchor and repair it which was a very welcome break if I'm honest!

Status
Not open for further replies.