Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also Mr. M., Nordic Ace is in Drammen from Zeebrugge, do you know if it loaded at Tesla docks, could it be a late Q1 onwards ship, or even GFB deliveries to Norway?
It's hard to make out what has been unloaded. It would be very unusual to have Q1 vehicles still arriving in Norway. There doesn't appear to be any Norwegians on here complaining about non-delivery in Q1 either.

How GF Berlin cars will be distributed remains to be seen however I very much doubt they would go to Zeebrugge for Norway. Bremerhaven would be my guess.

Reactions: Michael C
Shipping related change of topic then...

Does anyone have a MS or MX on order in UK/EU, or anywhere non-US, any estimated delivery dates? and Mr. M. How do you think they will make their way from Fremont to... Whereever really?
Historically, MS/MX were moved from Fremont to EU in containers on a multi-modal journey by road to Oakland Ca, rail to Houston Tx and then ship to Rotterdam. I very much doubt that will be repeated and expect the cars to be shipped via RoRo complete, probably from an east coast port on scheduled services since the numbers involved will be too small for whole ship charters.

I don't believe any are expected this year though.

Historically, MS/MX were moved from Fremont to EU in containers on a multi-modal journey by road to Oakland Ca, rail to Houston Tx and then ship to Rotterdam. I very much doubt that will be repeated and expect the cars to be shipped via RoRo complete, probably from an east coast port on scheduled services since the numbers involved will be too small for whole ship charters.

I don't believe any are expected this year though.
Mr M is Heogh Bangkok of any interest. According to schedule on heogh website, it’s due into Shanghai on the 12th and to Southampton May26th. Could be an old schedule but I thought I might ask the Oracle here!

Reactions: RPA335 and delta0
Mr M is Heogh Bangkok of any interest. According to schedule on heogh website, it’s due into Shanghai on the 12th and to Southampton May26th. Could be an old schedule but I thought I might ask the Oracle here!
Well spotted. Noticed that too. Here are dates from the company’s website. There is another ship later in the month too…

Attachments

• 26FCC38D-6B13-4872-9971-17CFD34803D9.jpeg
    26FCC38D-6B13-4872-9971-17CFD34803D9.jpeg
    226.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 3815CDF0-1B89-4FEF-8116-7E9B099992F6.jpeg
    3815CDF0-1B89-4FEF-8116-7E9B099992F6.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 57
June delivery for me now guys. The inevitable was pretty inevitable.
Naturally I'm a bit disappointed, but no more disappointed than an impatient kid being told to wait for ice cream AFTER dinner :)

My heart and prayers with the guys, girls, lads, ladettes, ladies and gentleman of Shanghai and the ones that make our cars, once again plagued by COVID. No matter the status of my new 'toy', I wish them a healthy and safe road back to normality.

It's highly likely boats for Southampton will start in a few weeks time. It'd be a delightful bonus if sooner.

Time to hang in there. Lets see what becomes.

🤞

HOEGH BANGKOK is a scheduled service. Tesla have used Hoegh services in previous quarters to move vehicles to Zeebrugge particularly at the beginning of a quarter. They have never used the service to move vehicles to Southampton.
The good news about the Hoegh service is that it's very easy to see whether your car is onboard - you just enter your VIN and voila!
So the bottom line is that if you are in the UK, this is not your ship but if you are in EU and you have a VIN then you can check once the ship has departed.
I wouldn't hold your breath though.

DON CARLOS has departed Shanghai but is now routing to Southampton (11 May) and Zeebrugge (13 May) via Masan, Korea.
This is a very late change to her schedule however it doesn't alter the fact that she isn't carrying any Teslas.

Last edited:
Hi @Mr Miserable thanks for all your hard work on this thread. I wondered, when you say "it doesn't alter the fact that she isn't carrying any Teslas." what basis you're able to determine that - I don't want to steal your trade secrets, but is it on the basis that noone sent any VINs?

I was in our local Tesla store 12 days ago and at that point the staff said there was a ship with UK bound Teslas in the Mediterranean. I accept that they may not have access to more information than we do, but wondered if it was possibly true?

I was in our local Tesla store 12 days ago and at that point the staff said there was a ship with UK bound Teslas in the Mediterranean. I accept that they may not have access to more information than we do, but wondered if it was possibly true?
It seems not to be true - normally if something is on the way, people gets VIN's - I haven't heard that someone get VIN in Q2, isn't it? but who knows :)

Status
Not open for further replies.