Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it's likely she's holding any of our cars? It does seem rather unlikely.

Also seems that the lockdown in Shanghai is due to last longer than anticipated. Some folk on Twitter think the whole of April could be a write off. That means our cars would be arriving June/July now :(
That then starts to get into the realm of waiting till September for the new plate..

As mentioned above, RCC AMERICA is heading to S Korea.
As far as I can determine, there's nothing else on the horizon at the moment and with the GF closed it might be a long wait.

Over in San Francisco, GRAND PACE is going to hold offshore until Monday. Again, I'm pretty sure that she will likely be heading to Taiwan.

Reactions: RPA335 and delta0
As mentioned above, RCC AMERICA is heading to S Korea.
As far as I can determine, there's nothing else on the horizon at the moment and with the GF closed it might be a long wait.

Over in San Francisco, GRAND PACE is going to hold offshore until Monday. Again, I'm pretty sure that she will likely be heading to Taiwan.
RCC America is heading to SK but she is also pretty fully laden - will she unload all of her cargo or will she carry on to another berth? We’ll know in a few more days but keeping an eye on her draught when she leaves Pyeongtaek and her next port may be telling. I still have naive hope.

Ships are docking and being loaded then going elsewhere. I know they have autopilot but I don’t suppose the cars are loading themselves.

So how locked-down ARE the docks in reality?!

I expect they will still have some activity as essential items will need to be moved about, but that's largely irrelevant when the Tesla factory is shut.

It looks like they're planning on shipping the cars that they made for Q2 before the closure, after that there will be nothing to load until the factory is allowed to resume operations.

My San Francisco dog walker has reported back.
Unfortuneately due to poor quality handwriting on the board and bad light reflections it was not possible to make out anything apart from the fact that the ship will depart early Thursday morning.
Probably worth watching the docks around then. I guess that’s mid afternoon/evening Thursday our time.

Vehicle carriers are going in and out of Shanghai still and I see some anchored off the coast waiting to come in.

I can see that my monitoring of Shanghai port movements has been joined by others.
Just be aware that you may get excited when you note that DON CARLOS will be departing to Suez (via a refuel off Singapore) and even more excited when you discover the ship is scheduled to arrive in Southampton on 03 May and Zeebrugge on 05 May. However...
I'm sorry to spoil the party but this is not a Tesla ship and she won't be carrying any Teslas.

Likewise GRAND VICTORY. Someone will eventually discover that she will arrive in Zeebrugge around 10 May and create some undue excitement. Did you note my use of the word 'undue' ? That's right, this is another ship that won't be carrying any Teslas.

In the meantime keep watching and waiting, patiently. I'll let you know when to set your pants on fire.

I can see that my monitoring of Shanghai port movements has been joined by others.
Just be aware that you may get excited when you note that DON CARLOS will be departing to Suez (via a refuel off Singapore) and even more excited when you discover the ship is scheduled to arrive in Southampton on 03 May and Zeebrugge on 05 May. However...
I'm sorry to spoil the party but this is not a Tesla ship and she won't be carrying any Teslas.

Likewise GRAND VICTORY. Someone will eventually discover that she will arrive in Zeebrugge around 10 May and create some undue excitement. Did you note my use of the word 'undue' ? That's right, this is another ship that won't be carrying any Teslas.

In the meantime keep watching and waiting, patiently. I'll let you know when to set your pants on fire.
Part of the fun! Any we should be keeping an eye on?

My delivery date still shows May/June but I’m slooowly (and sadly) resigning to the fact that that will likely change to June/July/August or later once the lockdown is lifted.

Pretty gutting that the timing just happened to coincide with the order I’ve spent *years* dreaming about. I know it’s only a few months and I’ll eventually be happy (yadda yadda) but just can’t help a bit… hollow.

But hey, perspective and all that. Sadly much worse things going on at the moment and am grateful for what I have right now. (If you can’t tell my mood is fairly pensive and philosophical right now.)

Reactions: MrMoonUK
Is Shanghai GF still shut?

Yes.

Teslarati have reported that it will be closed until at least Thursday. 12 days of Q2 production lost as a minimum and the UK unlikely to see significant deliveries - if any - before mid May.

My date was pushed back from May 8 - June 6 to May 19 - June 11 recently. That suggests an effort to catch up with UK deliveries to me as the window is smaller.

Yes.

Teslarati have reported that it will be closed until at least Thursday. 12 days of Q2 production lost as a minimum and the UK unlikely to see significant deliveries - if any - before mid May.

My date was pushed back from May 8 - June 6 to May 19 - June 11 recently. That suggests an effort to catch up with UK deliveries to me as the window is smaller.
Still have May 03 for mine so there’s something coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.