Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GLOVIS SPLENDOR has not departed yet.
Loading here normally takes at least two days and so the earliest I would expect her to depart would be tomorrow.
I would not be surprised if, because of the present circumstances in Shanghai, loading takes a bit longer.
Importantly, we still do not actually know her destination - although I think UK/EU is likely. Do not trust websites that say it is confirmed she is coming to UK - they have absolutely no evidence to support that at the moment.
I don't want the thread to degenerate into a VIN discussion - please do that in another thread - there are plenty of existing threads on how/when to discover your hidden VIN.

This is an excellent thread. I think of it as MrM's thread. I appreciate the time and effort he puts into it and I trust the information and opinions that he posts.

I don't think he minds if we ask the occasional sensible question.

However, and it is only an opinion, if members want to aggregate information and rumours from other sources, perhaps it would be better if another thread was started for them.

Of course, if MrM requests inputs, that's fine.

I come here to read MrM's information and opinions and the responses from like minded members.

There are unlimited opportunities to start alternative threads.

GLOVIS SPLENDOR has not departed yet.
Loading here normally takes at least two days and so the earliest I would expect her to depart would be tomorrow.
I would not be surprised if, because of the present circumstances in Shanghai, loading takes a bit longer.
Importantly, we still do not actually know her destination - although I think UK/EU is likely. Do not trust websites that say it is confirmed she is coming to UK - they have absolutely no evidence to support that at the moment.
I don't want the thread to degenerate into a VIN discussion - please do that in another thread - there are plenty of existing threads on how/when to discover your hidden VIN.
Interesting, it's still moored according to all vessel tracking websites, but MarineTraffic sent me a notification yesterday saying that tugging had just ended. The ship does not seem to have moved anywhere though 🧐

TURANDOT will be departing to S Korea first although her destination is Australia and NZ (BNE 25/5, PK 29/5, MEL 3/6, AUK 10/6).
I'm pretty hopeful that NZ-bound cars will be onboard as well as some to Oz. I mentioned previously that I expect the bulk of cars to Oz to be shipped on MORNING CLARA (dep 23/5 BNE 8/6 PK 12/6 MEL 16/6). No shipments to Fremantle spotted yet.

Reactions: Hoopyfrood
On a side note, based on satellite images of the Shanghai factory, is seems that all cars have disappeared from the factory parking lot in the last few days, meaning that they could indeed be loading onto the ship. Here's a photo from May 5:
911E2618-B970-47B7-80CD-08377A24716D.jpeg
And here's one from May 8:
7FF6D0FE-EC44-4D0D-BBCE-02CBEF3F2343.jpeg

I tried checking if they appeared in the port but I couldn't find anything conclusive. Glovis Sunlight, to no surprise, is indeed there, and there are some cars around. 93F0C0A1-124C-49AB-8B15-56E52241C2AF.jpeg

Reactions: Toblerone
View attachment 802040
From Chinese forum. AnJi has docked. Guess bottom right is Gravid Splendor.

I think this photo is of a different port. Google translation is: Confirmed, it's Tesla, who just arranged to cut in, ready to unload the ship at night. It might of been an unloading somewhere else. Plus there are cranes in that photo which are not at the dock where Glovis Splender is. Might be Ningbo Port.

Last edited:
On a side note, based on satellite images of the Shanghai factory, is seems that all cars have disappeared from the factory parking lot in the last few days, meaning that they could indeed be loading onto the ship. Here's a photo from May 5:
View attachment 802037
And here's one from May 8:
View attachment 802038

I tried checking if they appeared in the port but I couldn't find anything conclusive. Glovis Sunlight, to no surprise, is indeed there, and there are some cars around. View attachment 802039
Thanks for posting these.
I've used imagery in the past, specifically for monitoring Pier 80, but found that the dates they say the images were taken did not actually correspond with known ship movements. I can't explain why but often they were days out.
Due to the sparcity of sources in Shanghai I looked at using it as a possible confirmatory source but the cost of reliable high quality stuff is prohibitive.
If anyone has any expertise in this area and access to the good stuff please PM me!

TURANDOT will be departing to S Korea first although her destination is Australia and NZ (BNE 25/5, PK 29/5, MEL 3/6, AUK 10/6).
I'm pretty hopeful that NZ-bound cars will be onboard as well as some to Oz. I mentioned previously that I expect the bulk of cars to Oz to be shipped on MORNING CLARA (dep 23/5 BNE 8/6 PK 12/6 MEL 16/6). No shipments to Fremantle spotted yet.
Do specs tend to be in defined groups when shipping? I.e. Would the smaller amount to Australia potentially be P/LR and the larger amount be RWD? I assume it would be more efficient to produce many of the same spec in a single production run. But my assumption may be incorrect and may also not relate to shipping in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.