Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes off to refuel in Singapore on her way to Europe. No confirmation what's on board. I'm sure they won't cover every ship being loaded with Tesla's as most people watching the local news couldn't care less.
Thanks, shame it wasn't covered as we are all so desperate to see what RHD load is incoming.

I think the only RHD on GLOVIS SPLENDOR were for I.E.

Maybe the other ship docked and due into port tomorrow (later today our time) will also be Uk bound. Fingers crossed!!

Just a word about the production schedule. A shipment to Japan about now is what I would expect in a normal quarter and the indications from the shipping alone is that Shanghai is back firing on all cylinders. This is probably good news for those in Australia and Dubai. It looks to me that the decision has been made that production that has been lost is lost and will be delayed to the next quarter. We are in week 20 and production it seems has restarted with the originally planned week 20 schedule. It makes sense, but not I suppose if you are waiting for a car that was scheduled to be produced in Week 16. In which case you may be looking at a 13 week delay if your particular spec isn't run. Remember Tesla don't build to order, they will build what they want and then allocate the production to the orders they have. Tesla UK have no idea what will be loaded on to the ship and the order matching occurs whilst the ship is in transit. It's not what we are used to when buying a £50K + car from the established European brands (who aren't supplying anything at the moment!) but stick with it, it's worth the wait!
On Twitter, Veda Prime reports a limited number of VINs allocated today in Australia. So there must a ship going there with some Teslas.

... Remember Tesla don't build to order, they will build what they want and then allocate the production to the orders they have. Tesla UK have no idea what will be loaded on to the ship and the order matching occurs whilst the ship is in transit. ...
This does not seem good business for Tesla, especially if they delay delivery for orders done 8-10 months ago when prices were 8k-9k cheaper than now. On top of that, in Romania, due to the contract between Tesla and the government for the incentives program, they will be forced to cover the 10k Euro incentive amount per car after the funds will expire after 300 days from the order. I know of at least a dozen in this situation, while newer orders were delivered ahead of older orders. This is not economical and Tesla will need to do better planning ahead. It's just a matter to prioritise, colours, interiors and wheels based on order backlog, there are not too many options to configure a Tesla. The only constrain might be on the battery side, where they will have a certain amount of NCA & LFP cells battery.

This does not seem good business for Tesla, especially if they delay delivery for orders done 8-10 months ago when prices were 8k-9k cheaper than now. On top of that, in Romania, due to the contract between Tesla and the government for the incentives program, they will be forced to cover the 10k Euro incentive amount per car after the funds will expire after 300 days from the order. I know of at least a dozen in this situation, while newer orders were delivered ahead of older orders. This is not economical and Tesla will need to do better planning ahead. It's just a matter to prioritise, colours, interiors and wheels based on order backlog, there are not too many options to configure a Tesla. The only constrain might be on the battery side, where they will have a certain amount of NCA & LFP cells battery.
They'll feed the parameters into the build algorithm and it'll spit out cars the best way it can work out 🤷‍♂️

I suspect the largest problem is going to be parts, not Tesla's quarterly algo scheduler.

Will Tesla be forced to cover government incentives? I find that surprising but I’m not familiar with the agreement.

They’ll cancel the orders without doubt.
They're not allowed to do that, unless the buyer is in breach of contract.
The government subsidy is between 10500 and 11500 euros this year and is conditioned by the buyer taking their old ICE car to the junkyard before the subsidy is approved.
Cancel, the order? Absolutely not. The buyer has lost both the subsidy and their old car which they had to junk before having the new car delivered. Tesla needs to pay damages.

• Disagree
Reactions: James7C2
looks like MarineTraffic needs a sub to get closer to real time stats. i wonder if any of our sources in these forums work for in Lloyds ;)
If you want real time all you have to do is take out a subscription. Its a mere £1200 pa.
Or you can get my daily report (based on real time positions) for free.

Evening all! Friday 20 May 2022 evening update

GLOVIS SPLENDOR is heading to Koper Slovenia. She is presently entering the Arabian Sea having passed the southern tip of India. ETA Koper 01 Jun. She still has not appeared on the Koper arrivals board.

Glovis Splendor Leg 2.png

THEBEN has resumed her stately 14kt cruise (after a brief sprint at 15kts!) to Singapore. She will arrive there on Sunday for a refuel. Destination is Zeebrugge on 14 Jun.
Don't forget to enter the THEBEN competition! It's free and easy to enter by clicking here

Theben Leg 1.png

RCC EUROPE No videos have surfaced of Teslas being loaded but I'm still hopeful this is a Tesla vessel. We know she's coming to Europe and I'm equally hopeful she will call at Southampton around 16 Jun. For the moment she's heading for a refuel off Singapore on Wednesday. She's making 17 kts as she passes down the east coast of Taiwan.

RCC Eur Leg 1.png

PULAU TIOMAN As I guessed she was heading to Japan. No videos of this ship being loaded either but I am pretty certain there are Teslas being shipped on her. ETA Yokohama on Tuesday.

HORIZON LEADER She remains lurking off the coast for the moment but is almost certainly going to dock at Shanghai South. I reckon she's another ship for UK/EU.

MORNING PEACE has just docked at the main Haitong terminal. I remain to be convinced that she is a Tesla vessel although we know she is heading to Southampton and Zeebrugge. Let's see if some video of her loading surfaces in the next few days...

That's it!

Status
Not open for further replies.