Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
God darnit you lot, you've obviously p!ssed him off. I logged in to get my 8-9pm update and found nothing..... nothing!!!! I like my nightly sole crushing update of 'No ships of interest until Morning Chorus'. My wife likes the daily update shortly after even more... honest... 😂
Sorry! I had an unexpectedly busy day yesterday but the bottom line is "no change".

I see no ships

I do have some news from San Francisco.
Last night I received an email from a correspondent over there that tells me that GLOVIS COMPANION's visit to Pier 80 has now been cancelled and will be replaced with GLOVIS CORONA on 17 Jul and additionally that GLOVIS SUN is scheduled to call at Pier 80 on 28 Jul.
I assume VIKING QUEEN's call will continue as scheduled on 11 Jul.

All these ships are likely to be bound for the Far East, mostly Taiwan.

I do have some news from San Francisco.
Last night I received an email from a correspondent over there that tells me that GLOVIS COMPANION's visit to Pier 80 has now been cancelled and will be replaced with GLOVIS CORONA on 17 Jul and additionally that GLOVIS SUN is scheduled to call at Pier 80 on 28 Jul.
I assume VIKING QUEEN's call will continue as scheduled on 11 Jul.

All these ships are likely to be bound for the Far East, mostly Taiwan.
Not sure I like the sound of a CORONA ship coming from the far east…

Saturday 09 Jul 22

As far as ships to UK/EU are concerned the latest news is that MORNING CHORUS (which I believe will be the first Tesla ship to UK/EU in Q3) is now due to arrive at Shanghai South/Luchao on 14 Jul and will not now arrive in Southampton until 16 Aug.

For those in NZ, PAGANELLA has now departed Shanghai, arriving Aukland on 27 Jul.
She may also be taking some Teslas to Japan since she is scheduled to call at Yokohama on 13 Jul.
Anchored offshore and waiting to be called forward is MORNING CLARA. She is very likely to be carrying Teslas, including some MY, to Australia.

It would appear that production of RHD M3 is at full swing at the moment.

Over at Pier 80, my San Francisco correspondent confirms that VIKING QUEEN is still scheduled but her date has now slipped to 12 Jul. All three of the Pier 80 movements in July should be confirmed when the port schedule is published on Monday. All three of these ships are likely to be headed to the Far East and most likely to Taiwan.

Saturday 09 Jul 22

As far as ships to UK/EU are concerned the latest news is that MORNING CHORUS (which I believe will be the first Tesla ship to UK/EU in Q3) is now due to arrive at Shanghai South/Luchao on 14 Jul and will not now arrive in Southampton until 16 Aug.

For those in NZ, PAGANELLA has now departed Shanghai, arriving Aukland on 27 Jul.
She may also be taking some Teslas to Japan since she is scheduled to call at Yokohama on 13 Jul.
Anchored offshore and waiting to be called forward is MORNING CLARA. She is very likely to be carrying Teslas, including some MY, to Australia.

It would appear that production of RHD M3 is at full swing at the moment.

Over at Pier 80, my San Francisco correspondent confirms that VIKING QUEEN is still scheduled but her date has now slipped to 12 Jul. All three of the Pier 80 movements in July should be confirmed when the port schedule is published on Monday. All three of these ships are likely to be headed to the Far East and most likely to Taiwan.
Would Viking Queen be delivering Model S and X?

RT

Would Viking Queen be delivering Model S and X?

RT
I don't know is the honest answer.
If S and X are on sale in Taiwan and Japan, I suppose so.
If S and X are on sale in S Korea or even China then the ships could be heading there too.
The pattern of the ships heading to Taiwan from Pier 80 was set some time ago with Fremont manufacturing Model 3 and Model Y for the Taiwanese market.
Sorry to not be much help....

Reactions: RubberToe
Unlikely to be Australian bound, the ships to Australia and NZ don't dock there, they dock at the main Shanghai port. Hopefully for you those are UK bound RHD cars.
Honest question - how does destination define the starting point? Surely they start where the cars are made?
If you get Morning Clara & we get Morning Chorus are they starting out at different docks?
@Mr Miserable any comment?

Honest question - how does destination define the starting point? Surely they start where the cars are made?
If you get Morning Clara & we get Morning Chorus are they starting out at different docks?
@Mr Miserable any comment?
As I understand it, ships that Tesla use to ship cars to Europe are Tesla charters, an entire ship with nothing but Teslas onboard. They use the Shanghai South dock where that video was filmed as its closest (5-10 min drive for the car transporter) and convenient for Tesla.

The NZ and AU bound cars get loaded on board a regular scheduled RORO service alongside whatever else is being shipped to NZ/AU by other manufacturers, those are handled at Haitong (which is over an hours drive from the Gigafactory) . So the Paganella which is NZ bound has just departed the Shanghai main automotive terminal could have a bunch of MGs, BYDs, Great Wall Motors and forklifts etc as well as our Teslas.

Paganellas' next stop is Masan in Korea, where she could unload some Teslas (?) and load a bunch of Kia/Hyundai etc, then on to Yokohama where she could pickup Japanese new or used cars for NZ.

Maybe one day Tesla will start chartering ships for NZ/AU, we are probably at about the level where one full RORO ship per quarter could be justified.

I don't know is the honest answer.
If S and X are on sale in Taiwan and Japan, I suppose so.
If S and X are on sale in S Korea or even China then the ships could be heading there too.
The pattern of the ships heading to Taiwan from Pier 80 was set some time ago with Fremont manufacturing Model 3 and Model Y for the Taiwanese market.
Sorry to not be much help....
Does your dog walking friend who chances by a window also have a view of the parked cars, I wonder if s/he can see which models are on the pier waiting to be shipped?

Southampton only or Zeebrugge as well? When?
MORNING CHORUS is currently scheduled to arrive in Zeebrugge on 19 Aug. Whether she will have any Teslas left onboard is unknown at the moment since the shipment does appear to be RHD heavy. We should find out when VINS start to be allocated.
I would normally expect a dedicated Zeebrugge shipment (or two) to follow on but as yet I haven't identified anything. TITUS may become a suspect but I'm still looking...

Status
Not open for further replies.