Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MYLR white/black/20” order date March 14 in Norway. EDD last week was Aug 29 - Sept 30. EDD is now Nov 1 - Dec 16.
No VIN obviously.
Wonder what is going on. Still early in the quarter. No more ships planned, or maybe they will make it in Germany?

Not sure if this can help shed some light on the carriers puzzle but last Thursday 22nd I've received an sms from tesla (originally in Dutch) but translates to:
Tesla Update - Your Model 3 with RN1166xx is on its way to the Netherlands and we expect to deliver it to you shortly. As soon as we have an exact delivery date, we will inform you by SMS. You must collect the car within 7 days from the first possible delivery date.

And on the 19th of July (so 3 days before the sms) got the Final invoice where I can read the vin: LRW3E7EB4NC604XXX

My order is a Model 3 Long Range silver, 19" wheels and FSD.

In the tesla app the edd is Aug 6 - Aug 20

Let's see! Keep you posted if I hear more from them.

• Informative
Reactions: Mr Miserable
Monday 25 Jul 22

Tesla Ship Tracker Live position updates via satellite, the most accurate Tesla ship tracking chart on the web!

MORNING CHORUS A bit of a wet day for her as she crosses the Bay of Bengal. Still on schedule.
ETA Southampton 15 Aug.
Don't forget to enter the MORNING CHORUS competition - Click HERE to enter!

GLOVIS SUMMIT has completed her refuel off Singapore and is now preparing to depart to Suez. Her ETA there is 7 Aug which is a day earlier than I forecasted and so I think we can expect to see a fast voyage.
MY ETA calculation for Zeebrugge has been adjusted to ~15/16 Aug.

MEDITERRANEAN SEA departed Shanghai South last night enroute to Yokohama, Japan with an ETA of 28 Jul.

TITUS This time yesterday I was firmly of the belief that this ship was not carrying any Teslas however I am now pursuaded otherwise. She departed from the main RoRo terminal in Shanghai on Friday and is presently in the South China Sea heading for a refuel off Singapore on Thursday.
ETA Southampton 21 Aug and Zeebrugge on 22 Aug.

Yesterday I spotted RCC ANTWERP making her way to Shanghai South, however she has since had a change of heart and turned around and is now heading to Mokpo S Korea. I've no idea why. The other ship that was behaving oddly, LAKE GENEVA, has now resumed her voyage. She is meant to be heading to Japan however it looks to me that she is also heading for S Korea, possibly Masan.

I shall keep looking for the next ship...

Over on San Francisco, GLOVIS SUN is due alongside Pier 80 on Thursday however she is already across the Bay in Benicia and so she may arrive alongside a little earlier than planned.

The suspects.
LEO SPIRIT and POSEIDON LEADER are still on the list but I will review their continued presence tomorrow.

Links of interest
Ahh! I'm waiting for that 2nd ship to the UK. I don't think my M3RWD is on the Morning Chorus as I haven't received a VIN yet. EDD is still sticking at early September, according to Tusker

Monday 25 Jul 22

Tesla Ship Tracker Live position updates via satellite, the most accurate Tesla ship tracking chart on the web!

MORNING CHORUS A bit of a wet day for her as she crosses the Bay of Bengal. Still on schedule.
ETA Southampton 15 Aug.
Don't forget to enter the MORNING CHORUS competition - Click HERE to enter!

GLOVIS SUMMIT has completed her refuel off Singapore and is now preparing to depart to Suez. Her ETA there is 7 Aug which is a day earlier than I forecasted and so I think we can expect to see a fast voyage.
MY ETA calculation for Zeebrugge has been adjusted to ~15/16 Aug.

MEDITERRANEAN SEA departed Shanghai South last night enroute to Yokohama, Japan with an ETA of 28 Jul.

TITUS This time yesterday I was firmly of the belief that this ship was not carrying any Teslas however I am now pursuaded otherwise. She departed from the main RoRo terminal in Shanghai on Friday and is presently in the South China Sea heading for a refuel off Singapore on Thursday.
ETA Southampton 21 Aug and Zeebrugge on 22 Aug.

Yesterday I spotted RCC ANTWERP making her way to Shanghai South, however she has since had a change of heart and turned around and is now heading to Mokpo S Korea. I've no idea why. The other ship that was behaving oddly, LAKE GENEVA, has now resumed her voyage. She is meant to be heading to Japan however it looks to me that she is also heading for S Korea, possibly Masan.

I shall keep looking for the next ship...

Over on San Francisco, GLOVIS SUN is due alongside Pier 80 on Thursday however she is already across the Bay in Benicia and so she may arrive alongside a little earlier than planned.

The suspects.
LEO SPIRIT and POSEIDON LEADER are still on the list but I will review their continued presence tomorrow.

Links of interest

@Mr Miserable POSEIDON LEADER is now heading to Port of Piraeus, Greece.

Last edited:
The german teslamag seems to have insider info on ships and even vehiclecount.

Lots of detail here, but hard to untangle fact from fiction. GLOVIS SPIRIT is, I thought, on the way to the Panama Canal. I see that HOEGH ST. PETERSBURG spent 2 days loading at Taicang. I believe (@Mr Miserable ?) that Taicang was used for Tesla shipments a few years ago, but not recently? I guess it is too early to rule our HELIOS RAY, GLOVIS CRYSTAL or GLOVIS CAPTAIN.

Tuesday 26 Jul 22

Tesla Ship Tracker Still the best Tesla ship tracker on the web! Positions automatically updated via satellite.

An interesting day with some pretty astonishing revelations from Teslamag.de. It's worth noting that it reveals only EU shipments and so I think we can expect to see some UK-only ships in the coming weeks.

MORNING CHORUS That German site mentions that the first ship is carrying 2949 cars of which 1999 are M3. I'm assuming those figures relate to Zeebrugge. I would be expecting this ship to have left Shanghai with about 4500 cars and that means over 1500 cars are likely to be dropped off in Southampton on 15 Aug. We don't know the mix.

GLOVIS SUMMIT The Polish OP above suggests that she is heading to Koper with an ETA of 12 Aug. The ship has revised her ETA for Suez to 07 Aug which fits very nicely with a 12 Aug arrival in Koper. According to the German revelations she is carrying 3879 cars of which 3026 are M3. This figure seems a little low for a ship of this size and so 1000 or so cars may be delivered elsewhere.

TITUS Interestingly, the German site did not mention this ship. It may be because it was only interested in ships droppping cars off in the EU and I am expecting this ship to drop cars off in the UK. ETA Southampton 21 Aug

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG That German site revealed that this ship has 2000 MY onboard for Zeebrugge. The good thing about Hoegh is that you can check to see if your car is onboard one of their ships by entering your VIN. It may be a little early yet, but if you are on the continent (or possibly Ireland) and are waiting for a MY when you discover your source code VIN enter it HERE. Do let me know if it was succesful, also let me know the 1st 3 digits of your VIN too please. ETA Zeebrugge 28 Aug.

The article states the next ship to load for Europe should be RCC CLASSIC. It looks feasible - she is 48 hrs away in S Korea at the moment. Interestingly, she will head to Barcelona with 4052 MY. She will be followed to Barcelona by GLOVIS SPIRIT carrying 3946 MY. The trouble with this statement is that she is currently at least 3 weeks away in the Caribbean and so I think she will be replaced by another ship. Again those figures look a little low suggesting another stop elsewhere (Israel?)

The other ships mentioned, HELIOS RAY (to Koper) , GLOVIS CAPTAIN (to Zeebrugge) and GLOVIS CRYSTAL (to Barcelona) could all be true too although GLOVIS CAPTAIN might be a stretch. The latter 2 ships also are very light on numbers suggesting further stops outside the EU. (UK?)

As far as the ships on our suspect list, LEO SPIRIT and POSEIDON LEADER there is no mention and I'm going to remove them from the list. If you have a VIN and your delivery date is confirmed before MORNING CHORUS arrives (Southampton 15 Aug, Zeebrugge 18 Aug) I would be interested to hear about it, because I don't think it is likely to happen.

I'm a little surprised at how much Barcelona is going to be used and I suspect that we may see some shipments direct to Norway since the Zeebrugge figures seem quite low.

Meanwhile over in San Francisco, GLOVIS SUN has moved to an anchorage nearby Pier 80. She is due alongside Pier 80 on Thursday. Her destination remains unknown but will likely be Taiwan (possibly via S Korea).

I'm off for a lie down.....

Links of interest

Last edited:
Tuesday 26 Jul 22

Tesla Ship Tracker Still the best Tesla ship tracker on the web! Positions automatically updated via satellite.

An interesting day with some pretty astonishing revelations from that German site. It's worth noting that it reveals only EU shipments and so I think we can expect to see some UK-only ships in the coming weeks.

MORNING CHORUS That German site mentions that the first ship is carrying 2949 cars of which 1999 are M3. I'm assuming those figures relate to Zeebrugge. I would be expecting this ship to have left Shanghai with about 4500 cars and that means over 1500 cars are likely to be dropped off in Southampton on 15 Aug. We don't know the mix.

GLOVIS SUMMIT The Polish OP above suggests that she is heading to Koper with an ETA of 12 Aug. The ship has revised her ETA for Suez to 07 Aug which fits very nicely with a 12 Aug arrival in Koper. According to the German revelations she is carrying 3879 cars of which 3026 are M3. This figure seems a little low for a ship of this size and so 1000 or so cars may be delivered elsewhere.

TITUS Interestingly, the German site did not mention this ship. It may be because it was only interested in ships droppping cars off in the EU and I am expecting this ship to drop cars off in the UK. ETA Southampton 21 Aug

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG That German site revealed that this ship has 2000 MY onboard for Zeebrugge. The good thing about Hoegh is that you can check to see if your car is onboard one of their ships by entering your VIN. It may be a little early yet, but if you are on the continent (or possibly Ireland) and are waiting for a MY when you discover your source code VIN enter it HERE. Do let me know if it was succesful, also let me know the 1st 3 digits of your VIN too please. ETA Zeebrugge 28 Aug.

The article states the next ship to load for Europe should be RCC CLASSIC. It looks feasible - she is 48 hrs away in S Korea at the moment. Interestingly, she will head to Barcelona with 4052 MY. She will be followed to Barcelona by GLOVIS SPIRIT carrying 3946 MY. The trouble with this statement is that she is currently at least 3 weeks away in the Caribbean and so I think she will be replaced by another ship. Again those figures look a little low suggesting another stop elsewhere (Israel?)

The other ships mentioned, HELIOS RAY (to Koper) , GLOVIS CAPTAIN (to Zeebrugge) and GLOVIS CRYSTAL (to Barcelona) could all be true too although GLOVIS CAPTAIN might be a stretch. The latter 2 ships also are very light on numbers suggesting further stops outside the EU. (UK?)

As far as the ships on our suspect list, LEO SPIRIT and POSEIDON LEADER there is no mention and I'm going to remove them from the list. If you have a VIN and your delivery date is confirmed before MORNING CHORUS arrives (Southampton 15 Aug, Zeebrugge 18 Aug) I would be interested to hear about it, because I don't think it is likely to happen.

I'm a little surprised at how much Barcelona is going to be used and I suspect that we may see some shipments direct to Norway since the Zeebrugge figures seem quite low.

Meanwhile over in San Francisco, GLOVIS SUN has moved to an anchorage nearby Pier 80. She is due alongside Pier 80 on Thursday. Her destination remains unknown but will likely be Taiwan (possibly via S Korea).

I'm off for a lie down.....

Links of interest
Just to give an update on my own investigations.
I have a VIN assigned in the source code, M3P to Sweden. EDD 5th-19th of August. Also got a call from the TA that said to prepare for delivery and payment. Asked specifically if it would be possible to get delivery in the beginning of the EDD range, to which TA said “should not be a problem”.
In parallel, I got in contact with a friend of a friend who works at Tesla to check the exact location of my car. He/she said it was not possible to ping the car right now, but last time it was online was the 15th of July in the Shanghai area, which ties in nicely to the loading of Morning Chorus.
With this I believe that the EDDs around 5th-19th of August that more Scandinavians currently have will be tricky to accomplish given that Morning Chorus will be in Southampton the 15th of August. Also, this would suggests that there are no “mystery ships” before Morning Chorus. Not sure how the TA could be so sure that the EDD range was accurate. Would be interesting to hear your take on this mr M!

Morning Chorus is on the very end of my EDD estimate and it takes time to offload from Zeebrugge and transport to Tilburg. It doesn’t seem like 18th in Zeebrugge would be adequate to deliver from Tilburg before August 22nd?

I forgot to mention Taicang. Taicang port is further north up the Yangtze than the main Haitong terminal. Previously a single berth there has had occasional use for RoRos heading for other Chinese ports or Taiwan. This changed earlier this month when TRAVIATA and then GLOVIS CHORUS loaded there. These are much larger ships hinting that a port expansion including Customs has taken place. Yesterday we saw 2 large RoRos load there (MORNING MIDAS and SETTLER). The fact that HOEGH ST PETERSBURG loaded 2000 MY from there is significant. This will likely be the first confirmed use by Tesla of the port however I suspect GLOVIS CHORUS may have been used to ship to S Korea beforehand. The use by Tesla of a port much further away from the GF than Shanghai South and Haitong is telling and I wonder if we will see a shift to exports from Taicang whilst domestics will ship from Shanghai South. Time will tell...

Morning Chorus is on the very end of my EDD estimate and it takes time to offload from Zeebrugge and transport to Tilburg. It doesn’t seem like 18th in Zeebrugge would be adequate to deliver from Tilburg before August 22nd?
No, that is quite achievable. Unlike other manufacturers Tesla don't want cars sitting on the dock (too expensive!) and will be shipping them via car transporters within hours of arrival.

Status
Not open for further replies.