Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hate to think what an American is going to think British English is based on some of the dodgy accents you get in films.

Sat nav -> “One would like to visit Waitrose’

Radio -> “ask the wireless to play classic fm”

Heat seats -> “would it be possible for an extra blanket please to keep one toasty and warm”

:)
I'm English.jpeg

I can't believe I am the only person to think that text size adjustments is the big deal here?
As I get older I am finding it increasingly difficult to read the text on the screen. At some point soon I will need bifocals to drive just to read the screen even though I don't actually wear glasses except for reading.
Elon is the same age as me so I have been predicting for a while this would happen as soon as he started to have the same issues 🤣

I would love it if the phone call controls included the ability to play music from one (teenagers) device but get calls on another (mine) like ever other car I have owned for the last 10 years but I am not holding my breath on that one
Jason,
I have some bad news! When you get bifocals you will find that the upper portion is for distance ie driving, and the lower portion for reading - for example a book or paper at reading distance. The screen is further than normal reading distance so the small text is not distinct at that range. Hence why us coffin dodgers are looking forward to large text becoming available.

Jason,
I have some bad news! When you get bifocals you will find that the upper portion is for distance ie driving, and the lower portion for reading - for example a book or paper at reading distance. The screen is further than normal reading distance so the small text is not distinct at that range. Hence why us coffin dodgers are looking forward to large text becoming available.
Fair point. I guess it might be possible to get some specifically for driving with the lower part tuned for the screen distance rather than a book maybe? But since i dont actally wear glasses except readers i know little about this.
Would varifocals work?

Fair point. I guess it might be possible to get some specifically for driving with the lower part tuned for the screen distance rather than a book maybe? But since i dont actally wear glasses except readers i know little about this.
Would varifocals work?
Varifocals would work better but ideally you’d need one that goes from long distance to shortish but not close distance rather than ones that aim to correct both short and long sightedness. I have ones that do the reverse for work that work from close to just beyond where a PC screen sits. The main problem with this is that varifocals are pretty expensive (the lenses on mine are about £600) so most people will compromise with more general varifocals and accept that the screen isn’t quite clear unless you move your head.

Not sure if I like the new, bolder font, even when 'Standard' text is selected... Less elegant and minimalist than before. Will need to get used to it I guess...
Like the steering wheel shortcut & finally Zoom app in the UK.
Gear chimes turned on by default but the sound is (for now) quite pleaseant, a change from all the AP 'bongs'. Will see if I'll disable it in the long run...

Why would you say it’s Spyware?

It’s a legitimate video conferencing App.

The main point behind my question was twofold, it’s a car so who is really getting it up as an office and MS365/teams has pretty much taken cover the corporate landscape in terms of video conferencing post COVID.

Why would you say it’s Spyware?

It’s a legitimate video conferencing App.

The main point behind my question was twofold, it’s a car so who is really getting it up as an office and MS365/teams has pretty much taken cover the corporate landscape in terms of video conferencing post COVID.
I'd actually like to have a video call with the family when I'm sitting at a Supercharger and away from home - more comfortable than holding the phone up.

However, as mine is a 2020 car, that won't be happening it seems.

Agreed - seems like a nice feature to have to check in with loved ones when on family road trips etc and stopped to charge. Of course, it’d be better if it included other options like WhatsApp video call / FaceTime / MS Teams etc - but in principle I think it’ll be nice to have for many.

Edit: does anyone seriously care about doing video calls on their cars infotainment system?
I was mostly curious to know what new features will be added to my variant when I upgrade whether or not I'd use them.

I use zoom a lot for work but wouldn't schedule any important calls when I was in between locations regardless of whether I was using my laptop in the car to access zoom or the cars own zoom application.

The amount of space available for a large laptop on your lap whilst sat in the car in either driver or passenger seat isn't great for camera positioning, suspect others in the video call would get a good view of your nostrils, so perhaps that's one small benefit of using a camera that's mounted high.

Reactions: FEERSUMENDJIN