Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fair point. I guess it might be possible to get some specifically for driving with the lower part tuned for the screen distance rather than a book maybe? But since i dont actally wear glasses except readers i know little about this.
Would varifocals work?
I have a pair of bifocals for driving which work great, with the lower section set for intermediate distances and the upper, long distance part with a small correction that makes things a tad sharper although I don't actually need long-distance glasses normally. The only drawback is that I also need a pair of bifocal sunglasses because I can't find a retailer that does the light sensitive bifocals that work behind glass. You can get that coating for varifocals but not for bifocals - odd.

I tried varifocals for about a month but never got used to them - it wasn't the vertical focusing but the peripheral vision which made it feel like I was driving down some weird psychedelic tunnel - everything fine straight-ahead but off axis was just a blur. YMMV but my advice would be to buy from somewhere that allows you to get a full refund after more than just a few weeks of use.

• Informative
Reactions: Jason71
Why would you say it’s Spyware?

Reactions: Pandinium

Security issues don’t make zoom spyware nor does the existence of fake zoom apps. Everything has security issues and vulnerabilities, that’s the nature computer hardware and software. That includes Tesla, just look at the current issues with older Model S cars and how they can be stolen.

The fake zoom apps will be spyware as a minimum, more likely they are full blown viruses/ransom ware. But that isn’t anything new or unique to Zoom.

Reactions: Alan J
Not turning off microphones to allow eavesdropping, security flaws that allows hackers to hijack machines. Nah, not for me.
I get it, but that doesn’t make it spyware. Spyware requires malicious intent rather than a bug that was squashed over a year ago.

There are hundreds of holes in windows and macOS that people can exploit to take over a machine that get closed every year. It’s just the nature of software and nothing is truly secure. It’s just a matter of when something is exploited, not if it can be exploited.

I don't think I'll get Zoom as I'm on a pre-Ryzen MCU, but honestly I can't imagine using it in the car. You can't screen share, how are you supposed to take notes or refer to stuff easily? Seems like I'd just break out my laptop at which point running Zoom on the car would be a waste of time?

I'm very much a proponent of using the most effective tool for the job, though. I also don't play games in my car (but this is a grey area as I imagine people with kids might find that useful, if they don't already have tablets, etc).

Zoom is showing in my 2022 M3LR
I don't like the way acceleration selection works, as you have to long press, scroll, then press again. Should work like camera where the long press toggles function. I really like you can now use the arrows to select wiper mode. They need to add auto sensitivity to up and down !!

and my other half thinks the gear selection chimes sound like Mario Bros and he's really amused by this.

Reactions: MrBadger
Some interesting UI changes beyond the release notes:
IMG_3847.JPG

Left scroll wheel configurable options:
IMG_3848.JPG

Confirmed Zoom is available on Ryzen MCU:
IMG_3849.JPG

IMG_3850.JPG

Nearby locations of interest is neat:
IMG_3854.JPG