Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody know if the counting number of exits on roundabouts error is fixed yet ? Often when navigating it'll say use the third exit but the map shows the route taking the first. Been like this for ages, guess it's assuming I am driving on the other side of the road.
It's been a lot better for me since 2023.2 or somewhere thereabouts. Still not 100% working correctly, though.

I have a feeling it still tends to get the wrong exit when it's asking me to go all the way round the roundabout (i.e. to do a U turn), but is a lot better in normal circumstances.

Picked up my wife and son from the pub and there were 4, and the first think my son said was how common the car was - but, but they're not performance models I said :)

I had that situation the other night - was late as picking up the Mrs and her friends from the pub. Came to the junction and noticed a car coming from the left and another from the right both with their headlights on full beam. Was swearing because I couldn't see anything as getting blinded - one was a Y, the other was a 3 - no other cars about at all and in all directions was just Teslas. Also confirmed that the headlight auto high beam is absolutely dire and not just a limitation of my own car :D

I never understood this point of view. Why would you not want something just because other people have it? Surely it's more of an endorsement than anything else?
That will cause him similar problems when he finds out that several other people have now acquired an iPhone or a Samsung. He may need to urgently switch to a Nokia 3310 for the feeling of "exclusivity" ;)

Reactions: Js1977
Worked for me, and a convenient lay-by on an A-road before joining the M4.
So what would you have done if you’d already been on the motorway with a 200 mile journey ahead of you? Pulled off specially just to clean a bit of glass?

But then that’s never worked for me either. The wipers are just crap, and I can confirm they haven’t improved with the latest update.

Reactions: CWT3LR and Artiste
I had that situation the other night - was late as picking up the Mrs and her friends from the pub. Came to the junction and noticed a car coming from the left and another from the right both with their headlights on full beam. Was swearing because I couldn't see anything as getting blinded - one was a Y, the other was a 3 - no other cars about at all and in all directions was just Teslas. Also confirmed that the headlight auto high beam is absolutely dire and not just a limitation of my own car :D
I Had the opportunity to drive at night the other evening. There is no noticeable improvement to Auto high beam. It’s as good, or bad as it was at the beginning of the year. It still takes at least 3 if not 4 seconds to come back up having dipped and still dips for bend chevrons.
Drove our new Peugeot last night. AHB comes back after 2 seconds and doesn’t dip for the same set of chevrons.
Dipping on both cars were pretty well equal. Quite timely but that won’t be everyone’s experience.
Peugeot is the better!

Reactions: Durzel
I Had the opportunity to drive at night the other evening. There is no noticeable improvement to Auto high beam. It’s as good, or bad as it was at the beginning of the year. It still takes at least 3 if not 4 seconds to come back up having dipped and still dips for bend chevrons.
Drove our new Peugeot last night. AHB comes back after 2 seconds and doesn’t dip for the same set of chevrons.
Dipping on both cars were pretty well equal. Quite timely but that won’t be everyone’s experience.
Peugeot is the better!
Yeah my 12 year old Merc was better with regards to the auto headlights too, in fact any other car that I have had with them years older than the Tesla - wifes 2012 Countryman and her 2014 Qashqai both did it a lot better. My 2006 Golf (and all 3 previously mentioned cars) did the whole auto wipers thing better too - they just worked and never gave them a second thought.

Reactions: CWT3LR
I still haven't received the update yet. Software preference is set to advanced. Is there anyway I can download this update manually or do I just have to wait until it arrives?
Me neither. Last updates have come pretty quickly based on when others here seem to receive them. Hoping the increased font size is going to help. Currently it's just about ok but I don't like how long I have to look at screen to make something out when I should really be looking at the road. 😆

Old age doesn't come itself as they say.

I still haven't received the update yet. Software preference is set to advanced. Is there anyway I can download this update manually or do I just have to wait until it arrives?

If you've not had any before it would be worth checking that WiFi where you park is working OK etc. etc.

It may be that your particular model-variant is awaiting a slightly different patch ... or just "You aren't first in the queue, this time". Not much rhyme nor reason to how long you wait - UNLESS there is some problem with getting it downloaded to your car (which, AFAIK, nothing will alert you to :( )

If you've not had any before it would be worth checking that WiFi where you park is working OK etc. etc.

It may be that your particular model-variant is awaiting a slightly different patch ... or just "You aren't first in the queue, this time". Not much rhyme nor reason to how long you wait - UNLESS there is some problem with getting it downloaded to your car (which, AFAIK, nothing will alert you to :( )
No issues with WiFi. Guess I just have to wait a little longer. Thanks

Reactions: WannabeOwner