Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla rang me today regarding the wiper bug. This is the fix, the one and only fix!
Everytime you start a journey put the wipers onto STOP mode! Never try to put the car into Autopilot or it will put the wipers into action.
It is caused by using the Tesla Vision system but cannot be cured by cleaning cameras or windscreen. Tesla hopes it might be fixed in the next 3 software upgrades but are promising nothing? Sounds like another Elon promise.
Didnt think I should be too inconvenienced on my upcoming EU road trip next month.
It is a joke right?

Not that I think there’s been much change in the AP stack for a very long time, but I had a ~ 120 mile drive towing the trailer the other day and it was… an experience. Couldn’t use AP due to towing, but was using ACC. Most of the journey on dual carriageway on a bright day, with the sun off to our right (middle of the day). We had a handful of unexpected slowdowns, more than I’ve experienced on a single journey in the past. However, the scary part was the instance of emergency braking we had. Again, absolutely no obvious reason, nothing ahead of us, no bridges, no clouds. The muppet tailgating us (despite being an otherwise empty dual carriageway) must have thought we were brake checking him and almost went up our chuff. It’s the first time I’ve had one of these. Quite concerning. I can only assume there was a vaguely childlike shaped spec of dust in front of the camera that kept setting off TV obstacle detection. No false activation of auto-wipers, though.

Bring on the new FSD TV stack where it doesn’t look at every frame in isolation. It can be bloody scary!

My previous Hyundai Kona was much batter at distance-based cruise control as that used radar. I think the Tesla gets confused by shadows on the road, especially when changing lanes. I had a few phantom braking episodes on an mostly empty motorway, but in bright sunlight coming through the trees by the verge.

Elon has been removing functionality again.

2023.12.9.1 downloaded and installed

The reversing camera is only the one in the boot. The wing cameras are conspicuous by their absence.. Disappointed. Have not found anything else good or bad after the first drive

Elon has been removing functionality again.

2023.12.9.1 downloaded and installed

The reversing camera is only the one in the boot. The wing cameras are conspicuous by their absence.. Disappointed. Have not found anything else good or bad after the first drive
Are you sure you didn't just accidentally turn them off? (If I recall correctly there is little arrow you can tap to turn them on/off.)

Reactions: WllXM and Cardo