Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023.20.7 was just pushed to my M3 but I only have AP not FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2023.20.7 was just pushed to my M3... The weird this is that 2023.20.7 is for FSD beta users... I have the original AP, but nothing more.

2023.20.7.jpg

I believe that since Tesla started syncing FSD Beta builds with production builds, what you’re seeing is not unheard of, though I’m surprised the release notes include the FSD Beta notes in your case. Any chance you got a free FSD trial and didn’t know it? You can tell by looking at the Controls > Autopilot settings.

2023.20.7 was just pushed to my M3... The weird this is that 2023.20.7 is for FSD beta users... I have the original AP, but nothing more.

View attachment 954145
There's nothing weird about it. If you are not an FSD subscriber, then you will not see any of the FSD beta features, just as you do not see any of the EAP features like Navigate on Autopilot or (if you have HW3) autopark or summon. But, if you decide to buy EAP or FSD, the additional options will instantly become available.

Reactions: brianbcc
There's nothing weird about it. If you are not an FSD subscriber, then you will not see any of the FSD beta features, just as you do not see any of the EAP features like Navigate on Autopilot or (if you have HW3) autopark or summon. But, if you decide to buy EAP or FSD, the additional options will instantly become available.
Then why push it to my car if it corrected FSD issues? The notes say it fixed bugs associated with FSD Beta 11.3.6.

Then why push it to my car if it corrected FSD issues? The notes say it fixed bugs associated with FSD Beta 11.3.6.
It likely has other non-FSD changes included, even if they are not detailed. And, Tesla has no way of knowing that you aren't waiting for 2023.20.7 so you can start an FSD subscription and get FSDb.

If it bothers you, then don't install it.

......I have the original AP, but nothing more......
Analogy: Every update you get has NoA embedded in it also. It is just not activated on your car. Now if you want to try FSD Beta all you have to do is subscribe and Tesla can switch it on. So you don't have to wait and hope for an update. If not interested then you just continue to us standard AP just like you do with every update you install.

Analogy: Every update you get has NoA embedded in it also. It is just not activated on your car. Now if you want to try FSD Beta all you have to do is subscribe and Tesla can switch it on. So you don't have to wait and hope for an update. If not interested then you just continue to us standard AP just like you do with every update you install.

Yeah, but the weight of the extra software hurts acceleration. :p

Interestingly, it aeems like the visualization even on my basic-AP HW3 car got a little better with this update. It's less jerky and other vehicles don't blink in and out of existence. And I get a (relatively) much better birds-eye rendering when parking even if it is kinda jerky.

Maybe one day the AP/EAP stack will get updated...

When I first got my car, I thought the visualizations were cool as did people who took a ride with me. I thought that they were there to show the driver where nearby cars were and that it was a safety feature.

Over time, I noticed the jumping cars, disappearing and appearing cars and I thought my car had a problem. After reading some of the posts here, I realized that this was normal behavior. Then I noticed on my screen that this was only a FSD preview and that its only purpose was to give new owners a sample of FSD visualizations.

Tesla should make that clear to new owners. Relying on those visualizations to avoid other cars could get a driver into trouble.

There is no reason why these preview FSD visualizations could not equal the accuracy of actual FSD; the cameras are capable of that in every car, just leave them black and white to distinguish them from the colorful FSD visualizations. They might actually make non FSD drivers more aware of their surroundings and enhance safety.

I was pushed the 2023.20.7 and not an FSD car. Stats app shows me in the FSD family, but I am not, but agree to share data no problem.

My issue is small: The fob summons is broke. The smart summons works, the manual summons by phone works. But fob is what I use daily :rolleyes:

Anybody else with older MX with this?