Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why are you wearing gloves when driving, you mad man?! Your grip on the wheel is completely compromised if you're doing that.

There is absolutely no excuse for wearing gloves, especially when you have a heated steering wheel
  1. Max Verstappen would disagree that one's grip is completely compromised by wearing gloves
  2. Numb hands are far less safe than gloves
  3. You've clearly never had to deal with getting into a car and driving when it's -30º C
  4. I don't have a heated steering wheel

In the USA, the model Y was available a long time before any Tesla had a heated steering wheel.
Really? I thought the 3 and Y had that from release. Doubly glad I was late to Tesla in that case 😂

Still no excuse for wearing gloves when driving, precondition the cabin if it’s that cold.

It’s really no surprise why there’s so many crashes and deaths on US roads when you see how lax the approach to safety is.

• Disagree
Reactions: sleepydoc
Really? I thought the 3 and Y had that from release. Doubly glad I was late to Tesla in that case 😂

Still no excuse for wearing gloves when driving, precondition the cabin if it’s that cold.

It’s really no surprise why there’s so many crashes and deaths on US roads when you see how lax the approach to safety is.
You clearly have no experience with cold weather.

No. Why would I want my hands to slip on the steering wheel, especially when it’s cold and potentially icy?

It’s Darwin Award levels of stupid, I may as well smear my hands with oil before setting off for a drive
Oh come on! It depends on the gloves… many of which have rubberised grip. There have been times in my life of driving when not having gloves on would have been the riskier choice. I’m obviously not talking about driving a nicely preheated Tesla but I have certainly known winter conditions, in vehicles with slow heating, where I have worn gloves on occasion… strangely enough I survived the experience. It doesn’t surprise me at all that people in North America would wear gloves in the winter.