Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's intentional, it replaces the beep of the horn when the car locks. When locking the car you might want to walk away from the car without looking back and know it has locked itself. When the car unlocks you should be close to it and you can see and even hear it has unlocked because the mirrors unfold or simply because you can enter the car.
Kinda lame though. It’s obviously meant as a gimmicky feature otherwise they would just increase the volume of the existing lock sound, or change it, but not provide the option for anyone to upload their own one.

Did some testing around the speed camera feature;

1. It only displays cameras if you have a route set in the nav
  2. There are no audio alerts whatsoever, even if you enable the voice navigation
  3. The only visual alerts are the icon on the map and a banner saying there’s a camera coming up on that bit where it displays that it’s preheating the battery if you’re on your way to a Supercharger. It doesn’t actually tell you how close you are to the camera.
All in all it’s typical Tesla, decent idea but crap execution. I’ll be holding on to Waze for now.

So the potential for Autopark after exiting the vehicle is coming.
Probably not in the U.K. thank God.
Used Autopark this morning. 10 spaces with just one car in space 3. I wanted space 6. Car wanted only spaces 2 or 4.

I don’t think so!
Autopark has always done this on my S
Will always look for a spot next to another car and never a spot with space either side

2. There are no audio alerts whatsoever, even if you enable the voice navigation
  3. The only visual alerts are the icon on the map and a banner saying there’s a camera coming up on that bit where it displays that it’s preheating the battery if you’re on your way to a Supercharger. It doesn’t actually tell you how close you are to the camera.
All in all it’s typical Tesla, decent idea but crap execution. I’ll be holding on to Waze for now.
Is there a way to have Waze just give audible alerts for cameras and have it run in the background without using it for navigation? My phone would already be connected and probably playing music.

Is there a way to have Waze just give audible alerts for cameras and have it run in the background without using it for navigation? My phone would already be connected and probably playing music.
Yeah that's how I use it already, just open up the app and throw it on the charger. If you go into the Waze settings and get it to output the audio as a phone call you'll get alerts irrespective of what audio source you're using in the car.

Edit:

1702829444761.png

Trip planner on the app will be nice.
I don't rely on the app for locations never mind trips with multiple stops, preferring to share from Apple Maps & then edit/add other locations via the car screen if necessary.

Several times I've planned a location via the app & the car has shown something different whereas if I share from Apple Maps the car nav already finds the correct destination. A case in point was when I used the app for a motorway services but got a shopping list en route from my wife as the app had defaulted to the address of a nearby Waitrose & she saw that notification on our shared Tesla app (& services don't stock a leg of lamb, frozen peas etc).

• Funny
Reactions: sleepydoc
Yeah that's how I use it already, just open up the app and throw it on the charger. If you go into the Waze settings and get it to output the audio as a phone call you'll get alerts irrespective of what audio source you're using in the car.

Edit:

View attachment 1000379
Thanks. I will play around with this. There's so many speed changes 30 to 40 and back in nearby areas and I don't wanna be caught out.

I'm on Android so have set it up to open/close when connected to car's Bluetooth. I think Apple offers the same thing now.

Must say just parked the wife’s car up in a dark car park and it accurately drew out all the bays and cars. Only a single test but was impressed. They weren’t wobbling all over the place like I expected they would do.
Yeah, I was quite impressed the times I used it today. Makes me a tiny bit jealous that I don’t have it on mine, or at least have the option…

Reactions: FastLaneJB

Oh I honestly didn't think we would even get them on the map over here, I feel more optimistic about it because realistically, adding a audible warning now would be very very simple for Tesla, therefore should only take about 2 years.

But having the cameras on the map at least is certainly a start.