Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticed something new about the speed cameras, today. Encountered a speed camera when driving along an A road and going through a village. I received a warning of an upcoming speed camera, which appeared above the upcoming turn details on the map. The warning pinged up and remained until I had passed the camera. There was no audible warning, but it was a visible warning in addition to the camera showing on the map, itself.

• Informative
Reactions: Cloggie
Noticed something new about the speed cameras, today. Encountered a speed camera when driving along an A road and going through a village. I received a warning of an upcoming speed camera, which appeared above the upcoming turn details on the map. The warning pinged up and remained until I had passed the camera. There was no audible warning, but it was a visible warning in addition to the camera showing on the map, itself.
Also gives a specific warning when you're about to enter an average speed check zone, but the warning disappears while you're in it (a bit odd), then another notification as you're leaving it.

Got 2023.44.30 and immediately after that 2023.44.30.4.
First time driving on a highway after that and big surprise - the FSD does not distinguish between car and truck speed limits anymore. It was fun for 30 min to go 65mph-55mph-65mph… but then it became boring. How did that pass QA?! It started happening immediately after I went on the highway.
Switched back to Autosteer in hope that it will be OK. Didn’t have a chance to test it because I am installing 2023.44.30.6 now. Fingers crossed!

Anyone experiencing the same?

Got 2023.44.30 and immediately after that 2023.44.30.4.
First time driving on a highway after that and big surprise - the FSD does not distinguish between car and truck speed limits anymore. It was fun for 30 min to go 65mph-55mph-65mph… but then it became boring. How did that pass QA?! It started happening immediately after I went on the highway.
Switched back to Autosteer in hope that it will be OK. Didn’t have a chance to test it because I am installing 2023.44.30.6 now. Fingers crossed!

Anyone experiencing the same?
This is a UK forum. Not sure what you mean about truck and car speed limits. We don’t have that here.

Tesla doesn’t use Apple or Google maps for the Nav. The routing is their only engine using I think Mapbox as a base. They just overlay routes on a Google image to be able to also get satellite images. Even the traffic info used in the nav isn’t Google traffic data even though they show it on the map
This is a UK forum. Not sure what you mean about truck and car speed limits. We don’t have that here.
We do although (if you consider trucks to include vans and lorrys) not that its particularly relevant to Tesla so I agree 8m not sure what the op is referring to.

I’ve not had much success with the speed camera thing, but based on other cars with these things you sometimes get a more pronounced warning if you’re exceeding the camera speed limit, but very little if you’re not. Maybe that’s what’s going on.

Version 2023.44.30.5.1 arrived this morning. I wonder what the fixes were?

One of my frequent routes has this type of sign but for a 30 limit ahead. The speed shown on the display immediate changes to 30 while in a 60, so its clearly thinking it is a 30 area, and not ahead.

1703322572904.png

One of my frequent routes has this type of sign but for a 30 limit ahead. The speed shown on the display immediate changes to 30 while in a 60, so its clearly thinking it is a 30 area, and not ahead.

View attachment 1002381
Yea I've had this speed change too. Guess it's not designed for these signs yet, I don't think you get signs like that on motorways/dual carriages?

Out of interest, have you done chrome delete on your car? I see the light alloys but black trim and don't think that's a stock option.

Apparently Disney+ is gone in this update..

View attachment 1002381
It has never handled that, nor signs that say for example '20mpb between 8am-11am'

It just sees the number and a circle and blindly sets the speed limit. One release even did it for my house number :p