Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model 3 without USS and proximity functionality [park assist / summon not available]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Model 3 with standard Auto Pilot last week.

So does not impact me correct because I didn't buy the feature with Park Assist? However, when parking my car it will let me know that I'm too close correct?
No. Park assist is included on all cars whether you have basic Autopilot or the Enhanced auto pilot or FSD options. The proximity sensors aren't there anymore. Park assist won't work. You need to wait it out for Tesla to bring back the feature that use Vision.

No. Park assist is included on all cars whether you have basic Autopilot or the Enhanced auto pilot or FSD options. The proximity sensors aren't there anymore. Park assist won't work. You need to wait it out for Tesla to bring back the feature that use Vision.
I got it? my interpretation from your statement is that "Park assist is included and available in the software that comes with the cars , but WITHOUT the USS sensors it's not functioning" ?????

• Funny
Reactions: pilotSteve
Thank you and just to get it into my thick skull Does the M3 currently notify me in any way shape or form if I'm too close to a object when pulling into my garage? Absolutely, zero alerts on all areas of my car for being too close?

Just trying to set my expectations for next week. :D

Thank you and just to get it into my thick skull Does the M3 currently notify me in any way shape or form if I'm too close to a object when pulling into my garage? Absolutely, zero alerts on all areas of my car for being too close?

Just trying to set my expectations for next week. :D
Sadly you will no longer have this function. Zero alerts :(

Total mess up by tesla to remove this feature when they already lack so many safety features found in a basic ice car. No rear cross traffic, no parking sensors, no Birds Eye cam views for parking…it just keeps getting worse.

I got my 22’s MYP/M3 LR with sensors and could not park in garage without them. My wife would lose it!

But the drive is excellent! Enjoy your new 3 :)

Sadly you will no longer have this function. Zero alerts :(

Total mess up by tesla to remove this feature when they already lack so many safety features found in a basic ice car. No rear cross traffic, no parking sensors, no Birds Eye cam views for parking…it just keeps getting worse.

I got my 22’s MYP/M3 LR with sensors and could not park in garage without them. My wife would lose it!

But the drive is excellent! Enjoy your new 3 :)
No alarm or alert at all !!!

Elon is going to be personally responsible for my death after I ask my wife to assist me with backing into my garage.

She is going to absolutely kill me. After, three years of wanting a Tesla, she finally agreed once I told her about all the safety features that I read about.

I ordered a Model 3 with standard Auto Pilot last week.

So does not impact me correct because I didn't buy the feature with Park Assist? However, when parking my car it will let me know that I'm too close correct?
This issue does affect you, and at least for now, NO, it will not let you know when you are too close.

Whether that comes back for everyone eventually or only those with enhanced auto pilot is a question that I have so far been unable to find an authoritative answer to.

Whether it will come back in weeks, months, or years is a question which does not have an answer. The company line is "very soon", but it was "very soon" last October when they removed the USS.

No alarm or alert at all !!!

Elon is going to be personally responsible for my death after I ask my wife to assist me with backing into my garage.

She is going to absolutely kill me. After, three years of wanting a Tesla, she finally agreed once I told her about all the safety features that I read about.
Ditto! I overruled her and got the Tesla, and touted it's safety features and record. And now it takes both of us to park the car in the garage.

• Funny
Reactions: MacO512
It seems my 2018 LR RWD Model 3 is becoming more valuable by the day. Still have radar, still have USS, still have not great but decent wipers, still have not great but decent auto high beams, all made possible by remaining on v2022.20.8 despite having 9 more recent updates sent to my car but not installed. Like the car, like what it does, and plan to keep it as it is for as long as possible. Happy camper, especially as I see downgraded vehicles offered today five years after mine was born.

Ditto! I overruled her and got the Tesla, and touted it's safety features and record. And now it takes both of us to park the car in the garage.
My biggest issue with not having park assist is when I pull in to a space. It’s very difficult to see how far forward you need to go without hitting the front of the car. Backing in to a space allows for you to view the rear camera which is very helpful. But there is noting that allows me to see the front of the car and how close I can get.

My biggest issue with not having park assist is when I pull in to a space. It’s very difficult to see how far forward you need to go without hitting the front of the car. Backing in to a space allows for you to view the rear camera which is very helpful. But there is noting that allows me to see the front of the car and how close I can get.
Same here. The best guideline is to turn on your headlights (and if you have to, the high beams) and check the lighting. The closer you are to an object, the smaller the "spot of light" becomes. When parking behind cars you can see the reflection of your lights very clearly and know when to stop after getting used to it.

To specify my earlier comment:

1) YES, park assist telling you the distances is standard in all Tesla's
2) BUT, this feature is not yet available for cars without USS.

I thought the other poster asked: "will I have park assist on my no-USS-Tesla that has no FSD/EAP when the Tesla Vision update comes?" My answer is yes, all no-USS-Tesla's will receive the park assist. But right now it's not there yet. (I know, I own a 2023 Model Y without USS).

I agree that, especially for cars that were ordered when all the park assist features were included, its unfortunate that the features are not operable upon delivery.

However, I still find it rather shocking that so many people can't drive their car without assistance. Folks that live in Europe or super crowded cities with teeny tiny parking spaces where you literally need to squeeze within an inch, I understand parking assist is a huge benefit/loss, and one that is expected and a very important feature. But, normal day to day driving, I'm really surprised so many people can't park. 🤔

This issue does affect you, and at least for now, NO, it will not let you know when you are too close.

Whether that comes back for everyone eventually or only those with enhanced auto pilot is a question that I have so far been unable to find an authoritative answer to.

Whether it will come back in weeks, months, or years is a question which does not have an answer. The company line is "very soon", but it was "very soon" last October when they removed the USS.
Read the link from the note that you should have agreed to when you took the VIN:

Parking assist is included free with Teslas, once Vision is updated, it will restore the functionality in cars without USS. The EAP package is not required. It is only temporarily gone due to the removal of USS and software not updated yet. Hopefully that answers your question.

Definitely no in your face pop ups, or strongly worded warnings. There may have been some large text waivers that I took to mean auto park. My wife and I both read everything. But how would you say "Substantial safety and usability features have been removed prior to having any solution to replace them, please acknowledge that this is fine..."

My primary concern now is, am I going to have to pay $15k for the enhanced autopilot to get these back if/when they replace them?

Exactly what substantial safety features were removed? 🤔

Don't worry, if you are brand new to driving, it won't take long to learn how to judge distance. You'll be parking with no problems and then won't even need park assist if/when Tesla gets it working again!

I agree that, especially for cars that were ordered when all the park assist features were included, its unfortunate that the features are not operable upon delivery.

However, I still find it rather shocking that so many people can't drive their car without assistance. Folks that live in Europe or super crowded cities with teeny tiny parking spaces where you literally need to squeeze within an inch, I understand parking assist is a huge benefit/loss, and one that is expected and a very important feature. But, normal day to day driving, I'm really surprised so many people can't park. 🤔

Exactly what substantial safety features were removed? 🤔
Detecting things near you so you don't hit them and they don't hit you. It appears that I don't have to pay $15k to get them back, I just have to wait until they have built a replacement.

Don't worry, if you are brand new to driving, it won't take long to learn how to judge distance. You'll be parking with no problems and then won't even need park assist if/when Tesla gets it working again!
Not helpful. If they cut the horsepower in half or dropped the range significantly, I could use the same kind of sarcasm when you complained about it. Or if they took away all of the streaming that you paid for, I could say "that's ok, people drove cars with FM radios for years. You'll figure it out."

Not helpful. If they cut the horsepower in half or dropped the range significantly, I could use the same kind of sarcasm when you complained about it. Or if they took away all of the streaming that you paid for, I could say "that's ok, people drove cars with FM radios for years. You'll figure it out."
I totally get the idea of getting what you paid for. What IMO is beyond ridiculous is so many people who literally can't drive their car without sensors telling them how to drive. Just a few posts back, folks said they literally can't park their car in their garage without park assist, and cannot pull into a parking space without hitting the car in front of them without the car telling them when to stop. Everyone should have the ability to drive a car and judge distance without sensors, and without the lack of those sensors making them unable to operate a motor vehicle in the most basic fashion. If someone is so dependent on technology that they are literally unable to drive their car without, they honestly need to learn to drive better. Driving is a skill, and it seems like some rely so heavily on tech that they are no longer able to perform basic driving skills that were required to pass the driving test at age 17 i.e. many many many years ago.

Reactions: cinergi2018