Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y no USS discussion, incl. Discussion of Tesla Vision Firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know what the plans are for getting the Tesla vision to tell you the distance to an object. I realize it's worse than having USS but I would like some kind of warning that I'm getting X distance from an object, even if it's not as accurate, over nothing at all. Is there a software update that will enable the chimes?

I took delivery of my MYLR in the UK last week, and no USS! What annoys me is the total lack of communication from Tesla about this. You order a £57,000 car which is 2022 should have the most basic of features, parking sensors. Don't remove the sensors before you have a fully functioning alternative. And the least the manufacturer could do is send an email to say this is what's happening and why!

Why do I have to find my car has no parking assistance from a Google search and blog posts, with nothing mentioned on Tesla's own website. Poor effort all round.
It’s a shame you weren’t notified. I took delivery of a 2023 model Y without USS at end of November. In order to accept delivery I had to agree that I understood there would be some limited features temporarily. I’m happy to wait. I can always drive my 2020 model X when I miss the USS features!

Just got my MYP two days ago and disappointed the sensors were missing and spoiled from driving M3LR the past few years.
Totally agree. The fact that they "drop" this bomb without adding more info on it is extremely poor form. I will however give them the benefit of the doubt of making this work, considering everything else they manage to do from a technical perspective. Let´s hope they push the SW update at the same time the HD Radar info is released, which is said to be mid-Jan?

Reactions: Brav
Totally agree. The fact that they "drop" this bomb without adding more info on it is extremely poor form. I will however give them the benefit of the doubt of making this work, considering everything else they manage to do from a technical perspective. Let´s hope they push the SW update at the same time the HD Radar info is released, which is said to be mid-Jan?
It seems plausible to me that the new parking functionality will be based on the occupancy stuff that is part of the FSDbeta software. If so then the new sensor replacement code will be blocked behind the merge of the beta code in to the mainline.

That merge is supposedly imminent though in true Tesla style they have missed their own indicated dates already. Also, that release doesn’t guarantee the parking code will be in the same release, only that the necessary foundation will be in place.

It seems plausible to me that the new parking functionality will be based on the occupancy stuff that is part of the FSDbeta software. If so then the new sensor replacement code will be blocked behind the merge of the beta code in to the mainline.

That merge is supposedly imminent though in true Tesla style they have missed their own indicated dates already. Also, that release doesn’t guarantee the parking code will be in the same release, only that the necessary foundation will be in place.
I thought the merge happened in a recent update?

I definitely miss the front and rear sensors that I have on my 2022 LR Model Y. My 2023 does not have the sensors so you have to guess when to stop at the garage wall or any other hard object when parking. I already have wooden 4X4’s glued to the ground in my garage but anywhere else it’s just a guess. This was a major error on Teslas part. If you are in a public parking garage or just parking your car in a lot with others you have to be so careful. I dont know how this can be remedied.
Does anyone else feel the same way.

I thought the merge happened in a recent update?
My understanding (which could be wrong) is that single-stack FSD is version 11.x and that this software has rolled out to Tesla employee cars now, but the latest FSDb version that has gone to the public is version 10.69.25.1, which is not single-stack.

My understanding (which could be wrong) is that single-stack FSD is version 11.x and that this software has rolled out to Tesla employee cars now, but the latest FSDb version that has gone to the public is version 10.69.25.1, which is not single-stack.
Ah ok so what we have seen is internal only

Had I known about this fraud would have never bought a Y. Unfortunately stuck with it as bought a few days ago only but getting rid of my 3 and going for an E tron.
Lol, fraud. Getting rid of USS before Tesla Vision can handle parking assist is a dick move for sure, but not fraud. I'm not happy with it either on my new Model Y, but I knew what I was getting into:
- I got an e-mail about it between ordering and delivery
- I had to agree to a notice on the Tesla app that explained the situation.

So let's keep our terminology in check, please. Fraud requires (active) deception. Tesla straight up told us we wouldn't have USS and that there are currently no park assist features. Buyer beware.

Lol, fraud. Getting rid of USS before Tesla Vision can handle parking assist is a dick move for sure, but not fraud. I'm not happy with it either on my new Model Y, but I knew what I was getting into:
- I got an e-mail about it between ordering and delivery
- I had to agree to a notice on the Tesla app that explained the situation.

So let's keep our terminology in check, please. Fraud requires (active) deception. Tesla straight up told us we wouldn't have USS and that there are currently no park assist features. Buyer beware.
Agree but not everyone got that notice

Reactions: Mike7564
I have mobile service coming out tmw moring and if they take my bumper off for a gap issue, we might be able to see what we got...
Any news on that?

I was initially freaked out about missing those warnings, but the only thing I miss now is warnings about pedestrians while backing out in a parking lot. Pulling into parking spaces is easy, and it's better now that I stay further away from the curb because those sensors never protected against scraping the under carriage.

I would think if radar is still there that someone would have found it. Given that Elon promised that TV is the only way, USS will not return. I'm really surprised they haven't enabled blind spot warnings while driving manually, since they function as part of FSD. I doubt I can I use FSD to back out of a parking spot.

I wish the youtube channel SarahnTuned would get a Tesla because she starts reviews by putting them up on the lift, and usually points out interesting stuff. One example, Genesis GV60: