Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen people say SILVER GLORY picked them up in Singapore. (Here's the cars spotted at Laem Chabang on January 19th) Delivery starts February 10th.
That is interesting. As far as I can tell SILVER GLORY didn't stop at Singapore before Laem Chabang. Her last stop was in Turkey.
My guess is that they arrived via Singapore onboard HOEGH SYDNEY but quite how they got to Singapore I don't know because I haven't been monitoring the Singapore stops - there are a number of ships that could have delivered them. My guess would be TARIFA.

After a bit more digging another suspect, and possibly the prime suspect, is CHANG DA LONG which left Shanghai on 06 Jan and arrived in Laem Chabang on 14 Jan.

Last edited:
ATLAS LEADER has now departed Shanghai South and is on her way to Singapore (28/1).
It looks like she is on a scheduled service and so may not be transporting Teslas.
She is definitely docking in Singapore too.
I will treat her as a suspect for the moment - let's see where she heads off to after Singapore...

Last edited:
Sunday 22 Jan 23 SUMMARY

HOEGH ASIA
ETA Zeebrugge DELAYED by weather to 25 Jan . Currently alongside in Le Havre.

GOLD XING ETA Zeebrugge 29 Jan. Now in the Med and on schedule.

BOHEME ETA Barcelona 25 Jan Not believed to have many Teslas onboard.

GRANDE CALIFORNIA ETA Zeebrugge 30 Jan. Barcelona on 25 Jan.

SEA HELLINIS I would have expected her to have appeared on the Koper arrivals board by now if that was where she is heading. I can only assume she is heading to Zeebrugge.

MSC IMMACOLATA ETA Southampton 08 Feb A very quick load at Shanghai South makes me think she may only have 2000-2500 cars at max onboard. ETA now brought forward by 2 days to 08 Feb (although she is still scheduled to arrive on 10 Feb)

LAKE KIVU Departed Shanghai South for Suez ETA 03 Feb. Still no idea of her final destination at the moment. Not displaying the normal urgency associated with a Tesla ship so I am beginning to suspect she may not be a Tesla ship.

DONG-A GLAUCOS ETA Barcelona 09 Feb She is presently heading for Singapore. (Looks to be on same itinerary as BOHEME)

GRAND MARK ETA Southampton 15 Feb. Departed from Shanghai South - note my new estimate for her ETA in Southampton.

MORNING PEACE present voyage no longer of interest.
ATLAS LEADER Not believed to be Tesla related.

Coming the other way is DREAM ORCHID Zeebrugge - Taipei (8 Feb)

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is free despite being updated via satellite and so, unlike others on the internet, no ship is ever 'out of range'.

Any reason not to take in consideration the SOU route with a Dublin drop off for the ROI? 2022 had a relative small number of cars sold in ROI therefore Brugge route. Now it seems they are optimising RHD deliveries with drop offs in Singapore and Thailand before heading for UK. Did anyone in ROI got a VIN allocated yet?

Any reason not to take in consideration the SOU route with a Dublin drop off for the ROI? 2022 had a relative small number of cars sold in ROI therefore Brugge route. Now it seems they are optimising RHD deliveries with drop offs in Singapore and Thailand before heading for UK. Did anyone in ROI got a VIN allocated yet?
All cars for Ireland have been routed through Zeebrugge for the last year. I suspect being part of EU is likely to feature otherwise logistics/geography/RHD would suggest that Ireland would have been fulfilled through Southhampton but that hasn't been the case . Either way there are ships on route to both Southhampton and Zeebrugge so try not to stress .

Last edited:
Gold Xing likely servicing Ireland? This is fun!
I'm not sure where you got that idea. I haven't seen anything to suggest that.
Post-Brexit Ireland has been supplied from cars unloaded in Zeebrugge. They are crossloaded on to a feeder ship to Dublin (not Ringaskiddy despite lots of posts elsewhere saying so). Recently this has been a KESS vessel. The name of the ship varies as, it would appear, does the schedule.

Historically, where in the ships journey do VIN showers start to take place if UK bound?
At the moment they are occurring within a couple of days of the ship departing Shanghai. This is when the hidden VIN can be found (search the forum on how to find this), a text from Tesla telling you 'your delivery date is being calculated' is usually the first clue to something happening although you may be prompted to pay the balance around this time too (no rush for this). You may receive the reg and VIN by text as much as 3 weeks before delivery. This will depend on many factors. If you are leasing the experience will vary from company to company. The hidden VIN may change, particularly for deliveries later in the quarter. This happened to me, probably as a result of folk scheduled for earlier deliveries not being in a position to accept delivery. It will be unsurprising to learn that a number of folk are unable to finance the balance (from a ÂŁ100 deposit) when asked or find themselves unable to find an affordable insurance quote as delivery day looms. Accordingly, people way down the list (Tesla say there isn't a list!) and perhaps not even expecting their delivery this quarter may get some good news depending on whether the exact spec is matched. This is much more likely to happen to personal buyers.

I'm not sure where you got that idea. I haven't seen anything to suggest that.
Post-Brexit Ireland has been supplied from cars unloaded in Zeebrugge. They are crossloaded on to a feeder ship to Dublin (not Ringaskiddy despite lots of posts elsewhere saying so). Recently this has been a KESS vessel. The name of the ship varies as, it would appear, does the schedule.
According to the tesla ship tracker link you shared Gold Xing is headed for Zeebrugge.