Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tuesday 21 Mar 23 SUMMARY

DREAM ORCHID
has arrived alongside the ICO terminal in Zeebrugge. She is highly likely to be carrying some Teslas.

HOEGH OSAKA Has arrived in Rotterdam. Has 760 MS and 664 MX onboard from Baltimore which are being unloaded in Rotterdam.

HOEGH BANGKOK ETA Zeebrugge 30 Mar. She is on schedule. Now heading to Le Havre (27 Mar) as expected.

If you are in the EU and have a VIN, check HERE to confirm whether your car is onboard a Hoegh ship or not.

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is updated with the latest data available including satellite data, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.

Last edited:
Reactions: XHabjab
So yesterday evening I was travelling down the A34 toward Southampton and I must have seen about 6 transporters heading north with Teslas from Southampton Docks.

From the look of the Trafford Centre in Manchester today they have far more than I have ever seen before. I wonder if those transporters started reaching up here yet or if we have even more to come.

Do we know roughly how many come off each ship in Southampton - does anyone ever watch or does anyone have a different way to estimate? I have been looking at @TroyTeslikes work on Twitter and any extra info re UK deliveries would probably help him get a bit more more accurate in his UK data.

Any indication on the Zeebrugge destined ships carrying any RHD vehicles for Ireland? When do we usually know the end destination?
There is only one ship heading to Zeebrugge at present with Teslas onboard. See map.
I dont reckon there is anything here for Ireland - we would have the VIN evidence by now.
I wouldn't expect another departure from Shanghai until next month.

Last edited:
From the look of the Trafford Centre in Manchester today they have far more than I have ever seen before. I wonder if those transporters started reaching up here yet or if we have even more to come.

Do we know roughly how many come off each ship in Southampton - does anyone ever watch or does anyone have a different way to estimate? I have been looking at @TroyTeslikes work on Twitter and any extra info re UK deliveries would probably help him get a bit more more accurate in his UK data.
I would have expected about 4800 cars to have been unloaded from GRANDE NEW JERSEY. I can't be sure about DREAM ORCHID because this was not a Tesla exclusive shipment and it was split with Zeebrugge too. The overall figures I have supplied Troy Teslike in the past have been within a 1-2% accuracy when checked against the subsequent SMMT figures. What I can't estimate is the M3/MY split.

@Mr Miserable Not sure if you are interested in reporting on ships to Portugal but Teslarati reports that a large shipment of Model Ys has arrived there. These would be LHD, and arrived by ship. No numbers but the word “thousands” is thrown around.

My guess is that these came from Shanghai. If only we had someone who watches ship movements. I’m sure he would know. :)

No ship arrived in Portugal, but there are a lot of orders to be delivered and aparently there are some electrical problems on Lisbon Service Center, the solution was to deliver them on trucking conpany yard.

There are only to Servic Centers in Portugal (Lisbon and Porto) and on the first two month of the year, Tesla already sold half of the cars they sold on 2022, 1.106 in two month with only two Servic Centers, there will be a new on soon, but i think they are still in the project fase.

• Informative
Reactions: transpondster
@Mr Miserable Not sure if you are interested in reporting on ships to Portugal but Teslarati reports that a large shipment of Model Ys has arrived there. These would be LHD, and arrived by ship. No numbers but the word “thousands” is thrown around.

My guess is that these came from Shanghai. If only we had someone who watches ship movements. I’m sure he would know. :)
The good news is that I have reviewed my records of every ship that has departed Shanghai and can safely say no ship to Portugal from Shanghai was involved and therefore no shipment missed! Phew!
If these cars came from Shanghai (and not Berlin) then I suspect they will have been landed in Barcelona on either GLOVIS SUMMIT or GRAND HERO and trucked over to Portugal. The picture does seem to include a possible quicksilver MY which would tend to suggest a Berlin-produced car. If that is the case then it's good news that Berlin seems to be getting its sh** together at last and Tesla Bulls may have something to look forward to!
Thanks for the post though - I'm always interested in shipments that are spotted in the wild - they can occasionally result in an otherwise undetected shipment.

Last edited:
Reactions: XHabjab
GRANDE HOUSTON is currently loading alongside Shanghai South. She is bound for Turkey, Italy and UK and so I don't think she is a Tesla charter.
At the moment I also don't think she will have any Teslas onboard either. This is another occasion where a WuWa video would be very helpful!

Last edited:
Nothing is impossible ... 450 Teslas for Sweden ... Greets

"Tom Sawyer" left the port of Zeebrugge through the sea lock on Tuesday night. On Thursday, the ship passed the Kiel Canal.
For the transport, the ferry is not used by TT Line itself, according to KN information. The "Tom Sawyer" is to sail on behalf of the US car manufacturer.
Apparently, Tesla wants to get the cars to Södertalje in Sweden as quickly as possible."
450 Teslas.

1679564811998.png

Last edited:
GRANDE HOUSTON se está cargando actualmente junto a Shanghai South. Se dirige a Turquía, Italia y el Reino Unido, por lo que no creo que sea una carta de Tesla.
Por el momento, tampoco creo que tenga ningún Tesla a bordo. ¡Esta es otra ocasión en la que un video de WuWa sería muy útil!
Le tenía echado el ojo desde que iba a Barcelona en su ruta original, pero hace unos días lo cambiaron. Ahora tengo los ojos puestos en el Morning Calypso que llegará al puerto Sur el día 30 y se dirige directo a Barcelona.

GRANDE HOUSTON is currently loading alongside Shanghai South. She is bound for Turkey, Italy and UK and so I don't think she is a Tesla charter.
At the moment I also don't think she will have any Teslas onboard either. This is another occasion where a WuWa video would be very helpful!
Morning and if she does load tesla’s what is the chances she could also dock in cork Ireland after the UK

Sorry never press reply on the last one

Morning and if she does load tesla’s what is the chances she could also dock in cork Ireland after the UK
No chance - Tesla don't ship directly to Ireland, and if they did then it wouldn't make sense to go to Cork when all cars are delivered from Baldonnel in Dublin. All Irish orders go to Zeebrugge & then shipped on to Dublin.

No guarantees with Tesla, but it is highly unlikely that the next Tesla shipment with Irish order has left Shanghai. Keep any eye on the brilliant work of Mr. Miserable here- this is the best source of info you can get.

Le tenía echado el ojo desde que iba a Barcelona en su ruta original, pero hace unos días lo cambiaron. Ahora tengo los ojos puestos en el Morning Calypso que llegará al puerto Sur el día 30 y se dirige directo a Barcelona.
I am aware of MORNING CALYPSO however at the moment I don't think she is likely to be carrying Teslas because of her subsequent destinations of Antwerp and Bristol. This has an odour of MG about it.

Reactions: Perico
Are we seeing a delivery gap then from Shanghai and might they be changing something in production? My early March Model Y delivery (Zenith lease) has now been delayed a month! Possibly my fault because Tesla have been trying to deliver since December and I just lost my S**t with Zenith and Tesla.