Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Insurance Costs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My previous year was £1700 through DirectLine.
This year they wanted £3000! When asking why the massive increase they said it was because I'd had a claim, which was for a chipped windshield and shouldn't affect NCD or premiums as I understood it but seemingly DirectLine felt otherwise.

Swapped to Admiral at £2200 this year :/

I paid £983 for 23/24 with Direct Line - they want £2250 for 24/25. I checked on Go Compare, like for like with Admiral came up to £1060 (with EV Perks) - told Direct Line, they said the best they could do is £1536. I was like "Goodbye"

Recommend checking on Admiral :)

Reactions: ArunG
I paid £983 for 23/24 with Direct Line - they want £2250 for 24/25. I checked on Go Compare, like for like with Admiral came up to £1060 (with EV Perks) - told Direct Line, they said the best they could do is £1536. I was like "Goodbye"

Recommend checking on Admiral :)
Before you finished the call, I hope you were able to ask them how they were able to lower their quote over £700 on the basis of a phone call.

Legalised scamming. We need a regulator with some teeth in this country.

Reactions: Cardo
Before you finished the call, I hope you were able to ask them how they were able to lower their quote over £700 on the basis of a phone call.

Legalised scamming. We need a regulator with some teeth in this country.
More regulators? They are a complete waste of paper and serve nothing but their so called members.
They are there solely it seems to give the pretence of being on the side of the consumer, literally useless.
We don't need them IMO, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if they are the reason for half of our bills, because someone needs to pay for them.

I just find it weird to think that it would make any difference, there are already regulators for just about every service in the UK and not one of them seems to make the world a better place for us that's what I was getting at.
I specifically said "a regulator with teeth" - a functioning regulator. At no point did I say we need more regulators.

The answer is not let an industry with no demonstrable history of transparency do whatever it wants and self-regulate.

£431 last year, £670 this year, 50% increase on the X. 70% increase on the Lexus IS300H though!! The X is now only £30 more than the Lexus to insure.

53541238555_0b7920f79e_c_d.jpg

53540995758_f0a5fde9c2_c_d.jpg

My immaculate 2018 S with all upgrades is a worthless £18,220 valuation this year from GoCompare, yeah.right! Entered more reasonable £32,000 self-valuation based on real used models online of similar nature. For those interested, today’s comparison results:

Tue 20th Feb (26 days to go):
Confused.com Admiral Essential £463.99 (valuation £22,680, £250 vol, £300 comp, no windscreen/glass cover)
CompareTheMarket Admiral Essential £465.51 (valuation £19,260, £300 compulsory, no windscreen/glass cover)
MoneySuperMarket Admiral Essential £475.19 (valuation £19,350, £300 compulsory)
GoCompare Admiral Essential £479.00 (valuation £18,220, £250 vol, £300 compulsory)
DirectLine Essentials £843.36 (£300 compulsory)
Aviva £1,634.00 (down from £1,714.00 59 days out)

WhatsApp’d current insurer Churchill to let them know of policy change not in their online self-service admin, turns out had zero impact on their renewal offer of £639.82 (£427.25 last year) that retentions wouldn't budge on, so byeee…

Personal belongings cover is non-existent and for that not Defaqto 5* rated, but courtesy car and uninsured driver promise is included. Depends on view of utility in event of claim or just a government taxation pushed upon us to legally suffice that’s gone up through factors outside our control.