Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model 3 Performance Announced - Discussion thread post announcement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait just a bit and buy a used one for half the price. šŸ˜…

I wish I was fully joking, but can you imagine the new 3P in the 30s or 40s not very long from now? It's a fun thought and one heck of a great car to be had then for the price.

Side note: I feel your pain, a lot of us are sick of similar things even in the States. Even the Peoples Republic of ___ States who you'd think are EV friendly have much higher registration prices and EV taxes. Just insane. Funny that you mentioned TX, even as an oil state they are in many ways more EV friendly than the coastal states that have lost their minds.
I think the depreciation curve on the new 3P will be much flatter as it's really good value in my opinion. The cars with the worst drops were bought at the peak of the market which had unrealistically high prices.

It's like people who bought stocks at the height of covid and then wondering why they lost so much money.

Didn't the old model 3 do 0-60 in 3.0s?

Am I the only one underwhelmed with the performance "increase"?
I mean it's almost 10%. Dropping more than a couple of tenths is hard when you're already starting at 3.1 (especially when you're lowering the price of the car, too!)

The Ā¼mi will be the number that matters.

Not enough for me to upgrade, but if I were looking for a new car, It'd be a real strong contender.

I think the depreciation curve on the new 3P will be much flatter as it's really good value in my opinion. The cars with the worst drops were bought at the peak of the market which had unrealistically high prices.

It's like people who bought stocks at the height of covid and then wondering why they lost so much money.

It's definitely a superb value for what you're getting. Since the price is in the low 50s new, even if it were to be in the 40s without a steep depreciation curve, that's still fantastic.

Reactions: Jeremy3292

Itā€™s so wild that people donā€™t get this. Mind boggling obvious if you bought a car then it would lose value so quickly. They were selling Toyota RAV4s for $50k at the dealership down the road from me in 2022 during those timesā€¦and an XLE trim, not even limited! Insanity

It's very sad for me to see that you are accepting this behavior in any way. This is deception. Tesla should at least allow the customers to get their order-money back.
lol, deception? This is massively hyperbolic. None of the reviews have any performance testing metrics (because they were almost certainly prohibited from instrumented tests). How can you deceive someone when you aren't publishing specs yet?

Great overall package. I just expected a bit more. I would love to customize the performance car, like a Porsche, just to distinguish from other M3 cars...
Iā€™m waiting for the 19ā€ rims weā€™ve seen in the parts catalog leak. No rush to buy. The tax credit will be available at least until 12/31. Tesla will lower prices at the end of the year once the Model 3 refresh hype wears off also

Reactions: Sporty
Watching the Autotrader review Rory said something odd about the staggered wheels that I have not been able to gainsay or confirm:

He said that the tyres are 235/35R19 at the front and 275/30R20 rear, which is not what I expected at all. Has anyone seen any other concrete data on this or did he misspeak?
Autofocus YT channel mentioned the same thing. He states they are both 20inch all around. But 235 tire in the front and 275 tire in the rear.