Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Ys 10% off already

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just emailed my advisor now, I would expect the price to drop for us as well. From other comments on the forum, Tesla have done that when you haven't taken delivery yet. The advisors get the notice at the same time we do though :)
Inventory prices can move in either direction at the mercy of Tesla; it does not have to have anything to do with this temporary price reduction. If you see a similar inventory vehicle at a lower price, you’re welcome to its pursuit (likely your SA’s response). I recommend you don’t cancel what you have before successfully ordering that lower-priced one…if it exists.

It will probably be the same for me - I got almost $4k off. As you say, its worth asking :)
As of todays info you can get a new MY rear wheel Drive (The lowest of the model Y) for just 40k. Factor in 7500 Federal credit and it is a bargain for 33k.Some states will thrown in extra credits and the price may go even lower if you are lucky! With Tesla WYSIWYG. There is no haggling. You as for a lower price they will find you a car with lower price but they will not come down on the one you have eyes on. This one is good for in town and daily commute. All you have to do is provide the sales guy on the phone the inventory number or the VIN and you are good to go!
Screenshot 2024-02-11 095332.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiefRollo
“No more sitting back on stale designs or stripping features out.“

Indeed the biggest mistake of Tesla is not offering non-essential features (like sunroofs, electric roof shades, 14 way seats, Satellite Sirius, spare tires/runflats, Apple Carplay) and removing existing (like passenger lumbar, turn signal stalk, wiper stalk, USS, radar). Competitors are having some or all of these. Low price alone can only sell so many of a model otherwise the world would all be driving Civics. 10% discounts also lower resale values.
I have CarPlay, Android Auto in my tesla center screen and Android OS. And yup, I can still use Tesla nav at the same time to handle preconditioning on road trips. Though would be great if CarPlay / Android Auto came with the car.

I have CarPlay, Android Auto in my tesla center screen and Android OS. And yup, I can still use Tesla nav at the same time to handle preconditioning on road trips. Though would be great if CarPlay / Android Auto came with the car.
Android Auto is crap and Carplay is basically useless. Stopped using them even though I have it in my vehicles. I am perfectly ok without these addons. Never saw any need for Sunroofs or swiveling seats and just like all the fart sounds in Tesla they are nothing more than a minor distraction. At the end of the day where Tesla excels is the power, ride and efficiency. They are not even that good looking! MY looks like a frog! But its is the world best selling EV for a good reason. No other car comes close in that price range in terms of the power, efficiency and fun to drive equation.

Imagine how much more of the MY they could sell if it didn’t look like a frog!
I know I am in the minority when I say that I actually think Model Y is a very nice looking vehicle. It’s roofline seems very much inspired by the 993 Targa (and the 993 is one of my favorite cars of all time; I’m still kicking myself for selling mine: Carrera 4, black metallic):

Attachments

• IMG_0737.jpeg
    IMG_0737.jpeg
    249.7 KB · Views: 13
As of todays info you can get a new MY rear wheel Drive (The lowest of the model Y) for just 40k. Factor in 7500 Federal credit and it is a bargain for 33k.Some states will thrown in extra credits and the price may go even lower if you are lucky! With Tesla WYSIWYG. There is no haggling. You as for a lower price they will find you a car with lower price but they will not come down on the one you have eyes on. This one is good for in town and daily commute. All you have to do is provide the sales guy on the phone the inventory number or the VIN and you are good to go!View attachment 1017383
If you can’t take advantage of the fed tax rebate, the 2023s are further reduced by ~$2k

As of todays info you can get a new MY rear wheel Drive (The lowest of the model Y) for just 40k. Factor in 7500 Federal credit and it is a bargain for 33k.Some states will thrown in extra credits and the price may go even lower if you are lucky! With Tesla WYSIWYG. There is no haggling. You as for a lower price they will find you a car with lower price but they will not come down on the one you have eyes on. This one is good for in town and daily commute. All you have to do is provide the sales guy on the phone the inventory number or the VIN and you are good to go!View attachment 1017383
That's a great price, but note that's not just an inventory car, but a demo car with 490 miles. In fact the additional $1000 or so vs a no-mileage inventory car is rather modest - back in the day, I had a $3900 showroom discount on my Model S demo with 440 miles (still registered as new car). But there were no $4000 inventory discounts back then either, so this is still good overall.

Just that the selection of demo cars is extremely YMMV - I'm in market for a MY this quarter or next, and would take $1000 additional off for 490 miles, but doubtful to find one with the config I want, if any at all in my area.

If looking like a frog gets my product top global sales status, I’d ribbet ‘till the cows come home.
Majority of the people are buying it because of the confluence of power, ride, name, price the charging infrastructure. While MS is better looking, the price eludes a lot of people, MX is uglier and more expensive, Cybertruck is only for mentally deranged people and M3 is cheap, affordable but not spacious enough nor has the ride quality of MY for a lot of people. I dont believe they are buying because of the hot looks. It would surely be cute with round headlights! Then it would look like a cute frog someone can fall in love! LOL

Reactions: Skavatar
That's a great price, but note that's not just an inventory car, but a demo car with 490 miles. In fact the additional $1000 or so vs a no-mileage inventory car is rather modest - back in the day, I had a $3900 showroom discount on my Model S demo with 440 miles (still registered as new car). But there were no $4000 inventory discounts back then either, so this is still good overall.

Just that the selection of demo cars is extremely YMMV - I'm in market for a MY this quarter or next, and would take $1000 additional off for 490 miles, but doubtful to find one with the config I want, if any at all in my area.
The listed price on the demo before discount is close to 46K down to 41K which is a 5K discount albeit its a demo with less than 500 miles. Plus 7.5K federal credit at POS makes it real sweet!

Reactions: Skavatar
The listed price on the demo before discount is close to 46K down to 41K which is a 5K discount albeit its a demo with less than 500 miles. Plus 7.5K federal credit at POS makes it real sweet!
I was just comparing to when I last checked a few days ago, many of the new inventory cars were $4K off with no mileage on them, so only a $1K difference. But just checked inventory again today - many SR RWD cars are $5K off with no mileage, so even nicer deal than you posted.

But most of the LR cars are only $2500 off now. So it's all over the place. All MY have the $7500 fed credit.

But indeed some good deals can be had, just waiting for the configs I want to come up at the right price....

I was just comparing to when I last checked a few days ago, many of the new inventory cars were $4K off with no mileage on them, so only a $1K difference. But just checked inventory again today - many SR RWD cars are $5K off with no mileage, so even nicer deal than you posted.

But most of the LR cars are only $2500 off now. So it's all over the place. All MY have the $7500 fed credit.

But indeed some good deals can be had, just waiting for the configs I want to come up at the right price....
Yup! The price fluctuates wildly. I bought MY 2 weeks ago and it was easy to find the car I wanted for 5k price cut and a 7.5K Federal Credit. Now! only grey demos for that price!

Android Auto is crap and Carplay is basically useless. Stopped using them even though I have it in my vehicles. I am perfectly ok without these addons.
Welp, I find lots of value in having Carplay in my tesla center screen & Siri as the voice assistant. It is so useful. Especially in text messaging, music selections via voice, podcast listening. Since I use Apple eco system all my premade and automatically populated lists are available to playback. Heck Tesla’s podcast app doesn’t offer my “stations” (custom smart lists of podcasts) & when Tesla app gets the functionality, Tesla voice assistant won’t play them. I’ll have to rush to use the gui at red lights. With Siri I can use a voice command & CarPlay just is a simple visual representation of the phone so I can select things manually if needed.