Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

26 days since config, no VIN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I waited in line on 3/31, configured on 4/10, blue/sport, but it's been almost four weeks and no VIN. I know the advice has been to be patient, but I'm seeing lots of people in my area who configured later or ordered online who have not only received their VIN, but several have also received delivery.

I'm in Washington state, so I'm one of the ones racing the clock to beat the expiration of the WA state tax incentive on 5/31. Local deliveries are already being pushed out to 5/20, so it's getting tight, even if I were to receive a VIN today. When I configured on 4/10, I thought I had plenty of time!

The spreadsheet indicates a VIN for 4/10 blue/sport should have been assigned a while ago. The folks on the phone and the guys in the store aren't able to do anything. Any suggestions other than be patient?

Unfortunately, it seems patience is the only way to go at this point. I configured black/aero/FSD on 4/6 and am still waiting on a vin, and there are plenty of others who are before us who’ve been waiting even longer.

TBH, the only thing that’s really helping calm my nerves at this point is the very remote possibility that a white interior and/or awd becomes available before I take delivery... But realistically, I just want my damn car already! :)

Reactions: Asad1087
Unfortunately, it seems patience is the only way to go at this point. I configured black/aero/FSD on 4/6 and am still waiting on a vin, and there are plenty of others who are before us who’ve been waiting even longer.

TBH, the only thing that’s really helping calm my nerves at this point is the very remote possibility that a white interior and/or awd becomes available before I take delivery... But realistically, I just want my damn car already! :)

I hear ya! The WA tax incentive saves us about $3200, so not only is patience in short supply because we want the car, but also because it'll make a difference to our wallets! *sigh*

Reactions: Drax
I'm in the same boat. I ordered in the store on 3/31, configured on 4/10 (blue, aero, EAP) And have no VIN. I called Wednesday and was told to be patient. I live in a state that doesn't value alternative fuel vehicles, so there was no state tax break on the table.

Don't know if it will help, but I tried tweeting Elon about this and advise anybody on Twitter to do the same. Unless it would mess up when they hit the 200k nationally there is no reason not to give you guys some priority. I think "Be Patient" is really the only answer any person answering the phone can give.

FWIW I'm a blue/aero/EAP config too and only just over an hour from the factory, so clearly the production "rotation" isn't favoring us at the moment!

I'm in the same boat. I ordered in the store on 3/31, configured on 4/10 (blue, aero, EAP) And have no VIN. I called Wednesday and was told to be patient. I live in a state that doesn't value alternative fuel vehicles, so there was no state tax break on the table.

Argh. I suspect the move to electric is inevitable, and VA will have to come along one day, hopefully sooner rather than later! Hope the blues come through soon.

It is pretty ridiculous. I haven’t had a car for 5-6 months. Been bothering my in laws and my parents for their car. Seeing others getting VIN with a later config than me could get bittersweet. Happy that they are getting their VINs but then I check my page and have nothing.

Config 4/12. Seen others from 3/22 and still no vin!

Last edited: