Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3-month FSD 'free' on new HW4 cars is useless

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not following this closely, but if this thread is about FSD BETA not being available (and not FSD being available), the thread title probably needs to be amended to point that out.

"Full self driving" and
"Full Self Driving BETA" are not quite the same thing, and AFAIK no one is currently promised access to FSD beta, nor does anyone purchase FSD BETA. They purchase FSD.

My (limited, because I am not following closely) understanding is that FSD works, but FSD BETA is not available. Is that incorrect?

Who else is in this boat, you get a brand new HW4 car, you get the 3-month-free FSD only to find it's not enabled on HW4 yet? And guess what, the timer starts the moment you take delivery, even though there's nothing yet available to you. Pretty outrageous tbh.
Are you certain about the timer starting at delivery for your car?

Well, I subscribed to FSD and got to use FSD-beta for a couple of months in my HW3 car. I'd say it's probably less than useless in the city and got progressively more annoying to use on highway, so I cancelled it. So in my opinion you're not missing much. But yeah, it sucks that it doesn't even work on HW4. The clock definitely should not start until FSD-beta enabled on HW4.

BTW, isn't FSD without FSD-beta just EAP?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but FSDb is available for HW4 cars in the 11.4.X build on 2023.7.20 like an older plaid yeah?

It’s just not available for the newer HW4 model Y yet since 11.4.X isn’t available on our firmware stack atm.

Well, I subscribed to FSD and got to use FSD-beta for a couple of months in my HW3 car. I'd say it's probably less than useless in the city and got progressively more annoying to use on highway, so I cancelled it. So in my opinion you're not missing much. But yeah, it sucks that it doesn't even work on HW4. The clock definitely should not start until FSD-beta enabled on HW4.

Exactly! Although I'd be more mad if I had paid for FSD and couldn't really use FSD.

Reactions: Rockstop

No. FSD is stop light and stop sign recognition + EAP features.
Navigate on City streets is a Beta feature that you may get access to at some point. The Tesla order page clearly states "Coming Soon" for Navigate on City Streets. No where do they promise to provide this feature at this time (even though we all know everyone will get it eventually once they re-release a HW4 version).
FSD is not FSD Beta.

Reactions: Yelobird