Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$300 Hitch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t want to spend $1,000 on a 2” hitch that you’re only going to throw a bike rack on? I put my order in earlier today.

2020 Tesla Model Y Tow Hitch - Invisi EcoHitch design

Wow... that is an excellent find @Tampa911

"This Tesla Model Y trailer hitch is rated at 3,500lbs towing capacity and 350lbs tongue weight capacity. .
The Tesla Model Y tow hitch features a 2” receiver."

Perfect for small boats, Jetski's, etc... :D :D

$300 for the hitch
$190 for the wiring harness

$500 savings for us over the Tesla factory hitch!

Reactions: GeezerSquid
Going Factory will give you the electronic tow package as well. Electronic sway control has some value as well as turning off annoying beeping from sensors.

Saw the video and imagine many owners might not want to install it them selves, so they will need to factor in some installation labor as well.

Imagine this aftermarket offering will add pressure for Tesla to release a 2" hitch as well.

I looked at some other small SUVs and their tow ratings were only 1,000-1,500lbs, so Tesla seems to be pretty competitive here.

Wow... that is an excellent find @Tampa911

"This Tesla Model Y trailer hitch is rated at 3,500lbs towing capacity and 350lbs tongue weight capacity. .
The Tesla Model Y tow hitch features a 2” receiver."

Perfect for small boats, Jetski's, etc... :D :D

$300 for the hitch
$190 for the wiring harness

$500 savings for us over the Tesla factory hitch!
Installation costs? Anything over $200 to install, I would rather just bite the bullet and pay the factory option. Still great for people that need a third party option.

• Helpful
Reactions: Electric Steve
I wonder if the Tesla price will include installation like the Homelink. This car looks like the install for the hitch would be similar to my Audi Q5 which all in with install is like $3500. On that car the hitch replaced the rear crash bar and the bumper had to be removed and replaced. Also a module was added and then you had to code the vehicle to recognize everything. I did the install myself on the Audi wasn't hard but time consuming I did 2 of them.

I installed ecohitches on our Model S and 3 for bike racks and they have been great. The install is pretty easy with common tools if you are moderately handy. I’m guessing 3 hours for the first time and 2 if you do another. From the install video the Y looks a bit easier than the 3 as the cutout is already done for you.

Reactions: GeezerSquid
I installed ecohitches on our Model S and 3 for bike racks and they have been great. The install is pretty easy with common tools if you are moderately handy. I’m guessing 3 hours for the first time and 2 if you do another. From the install video the Y looks a bit easier than the 3 as the cutout is already done for you.

Nice! I’m interested in the same hitch. Also looking at 1up USA double bike rack.

Which bike rack do you have?
Does the bike rack trigger the rear sensors? Is it manageable and doesn’t get annoying?

thanks for the feedback

Any problem with the sensors or camera?

Nice! I’m interested in the same hitch. Also looking at 1up USA double bike rack.

Which bike rack do you have?
Does the bike rack trigger the rear sensors? Is it manageable and doesn’t get annoying?

thanks for the feedback

I’ve had 1up racks for years and they are they best. The only issue (on my older one at least) is you have to be very careful not to back the rack into something as the latch that enables it to fold snaps off very easily. 1up have reasonably priced spare parts though.

When reversing with bikes on, the the car warns you that you are about to hit something but there is a mute button on the screen.
While driving the car senses the bike and occasionally displays a warning that the rear sensors are obscured but so far autopilot has continued to work fine.