Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

351 Mile Range!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ordered my x 2/22, the delivery date place vanished from my account.(it use to just be a dash -), and no vin. Does the hold mean they arnt building it so a further delay? if so imma be out a car for like a month...

The X is a higher cost/margin vehicle, it's in their interest to get them built and out there before the end of the quarter, I wouldn't worry about that just yet. I was told mid-late March for mine ordered on 2/17.

I ordered a Long Range Plus on 2/16 and VIN 248xxx showed up in my source code 2 days later. I'm now seeing Long Range Plus VIN's of 263xxx showing up in inventory on the Tesla website. If VIN's are typically sequential in order, that's quite a spread between the new inventory and the VIN I was assigned. I'm curious if I ended up pulling the short straw and got assigned to an earlier build that's been sitting.

Anyone else with recent a Long Range Plus order have a VIN ?

I ordered a Long Range Plus on 2/16 and VIN 248xxx showed up in my source code 2 days later. I'm now seeing Long Range Plus VIN's of 263xxx showing up in inventory on the Tesla website. If VIN's are typically sequential in order, that's quite a spread between the new inventory and the VIN I was assigned. I'm curious if I ended up pulling the short straw and got assigned to an earlier build that's been sitting.

Maybe all the Model Y vins are in between.

I ordered two days after you and no vin yet in source code.

Spoke with the manager at local Tesla showroom today who explained ALL X and S models WITH 351 capability are being kept in “containment” until around 3/7. That means, any car that can be updated to a new Maroney sticker with Long Range Plus firmware and software updates will be taking place from now until then. You can grab a VIN that says Long Range Plus, but can’t take delivery until containment period has ended.
Hope that makes sense. Happy to answer any questions that I can.

Spoke with the manager at local Tesla showroom today who explained ALL X and S models WITH 351 capability are being kept in “containment” until around 3/7. That means, any car that can be updated to a new Maroney sticker with Long Range Plus firmware and software updates will be taking place from now until then. You can grab a VIN that says Long Range Plus, but can’t take delivery until containment period has ended.
Hope that makes sense. Happy to answer any questions that I can.

Does that include inventory vehicles?

Same here, 248XXX. If you find the answer, please post it here? The ordering process is such a black box and I agree with you— I don’t want to draw the short stick with a retrofitted Long Range— but of course I have no idea if it actually matters.

Same here, 248XXX. If you find the answer, please post it here? The ordering process is such a black box and I agree with you— I don’t want to draw the short stick with a retrofitted Long Range— but of course I have no idea if it actually matters.

I stopped by the Tesla service center last night to inquire about my order. They pulled up my VIN and verified that it was built on 2/20, so you should be around the same day.

I’m waiting for a performance delivery to the UK. I know that the LR+ has the range increase. However, some videos online indicate that at highway speed with most work done by one motor there isn’t much difference - I wonder what my MXP range will really be like

I’m waiting for a performance delivery to the UK. I know that the LR+ has the range increase. However, some videos online indicate that at highway speed with most work done by one motor there isn’t much difference - I wonder what my MXP range will really be like

Hi mate..Did Tesla confirm that going forward UK deliveries will be LR+..The UK website still shows 314 miles..So, i was just wondering if it is pending a website refresh...I am very likely to order a Model X LR but was wondering if the UK vehicles will have the 351 mile range?

Hi mate..Did Tesla confirm that going forward UK deliveries will be LR+..The UK website still shows 314 miles..So, i was just wondering if it is pending a website refresh...I am very likely to order a Model X LR but was wondering if the UK vehicles will have the 351 mile range?
Hi mate , no idea I ordered a performance in mid Jan and am hoping to make the Q1 curt off. I know the UK website lags a little behind the US site - plus the WLTP difference

• Funny
Reactions: Tjhappel