Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

370 miles of range!!!!!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Pairing a permanent magnet motor in the front with an induction motor in the rear enables unparalleled range and performance at all times."

I thought the PM motor was in the rear and the induction in the front...

OOPS read the MT article. The PM machine is in the front.

Last edited:
no change in performance for the P series. No interior upgrade or body refresh... No distinction difference in the performance model yet... No thanks.... Get the P series in the 9s and I'm a buyer

Just because the 0-60 didnt change doesn't mean it didn't get faster. I suspect the new motor improves torque at higher speeds. Whereas the 0-60 sprint is dominated by the large rear induction motor which is unchanged. Perhaps not 9s but likely faster, time will tell...

Reactions: OBX John
A $20k softeare "perk" after they give you $35k less than book value for trade-in. What a deal!

Really? Where did it say you have to trade in your current Tesla?

"...so as a thank you, all existing Model S and Model X owners who wish to purchase a new Model S or Model X Performance car will get the Ludicrous Mode upgrade, a $20,000 value, at no additional charge."

They can keep it. Not a fan of the single bolted on tablet.

Agreed. As soon as they go to that design language in the Model S it will mark the end of used cars I personally would be interested in owning.

I hear ya both. I am a HUGE fan of the instrument cluster; don't know if I could get used to a model 3 style cockpit, but honestly haven't tried driving one yet. But I can say that we owned a Mini Cooper Countryman all 4 S with the huge speedo in the centre of the car and I hated it.

Reactions: David99
Sounds like any current tesla owner can get ludicrous for free - don't see anything about trading in with tesla... So, will this mean longterm that ludicrous will have minimal resale additional value? (Ie buy one cheap in a year) or does it mean a potential for arbitrage (get ludicrous for free and resell at close to market value)

Reactions: Galve2000
You mean someone is going to buy a used Model S and use that to order the new one and get free Ludicrous mode then sell the used one they just bought? Maybe, could be worth it but you have to take tax, registration, and resale hassle into account. Someone already paying $100K probably won't bother with all that to save $10K on Ludicrous mode.
Buy a $30K CPO for your kid, save $20K on Ludicrous, now a $30K CPO costs you only $10K - cheap car for your kid,very safe and with free supercharging to take away with you to university.

teslalud.png
Ludicrous is only £8,700 in the UK so not sure where the $20k vs $10k (in the uk) difference comes from?

Buy a $30K CPO for your kid, save $20K on Ludicrous, now a $30K CPO costs you only $10K - cheap car for your kid,very safe and with free supercharging to take away with you to university.

I'm not sure it works that way.. you can't double dip on the $20k discount. Either it goes towards the $30k CPO car (to make it $10k), or it goes towards the new LRP car (to make it about $100k). You'd still be putting out $130k for two cars (instead of $150k). Does it matter where the $20k goes? Like my mom says, "all dollars are green". :)