Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3D Maxpider Kagu Mats for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used oil based (not acrylic latex) Tremclad paint instead of Plastidip. Works great and about as permanent as you can get.

View attachment 353456

View attachment 353457
I used the same thing and the first foot to scrape over it with shoes on started it to wear off. I'll try and post pics now as I haven't repainted them, they don't look terrible but the reflective material is poking through.

I used the same thing and the first foot to scrape over it with shoes on started it to wear off. I'll try and post pics now as I haven't repainted them, they don't look terrible but the reflective material is poking through.

Did you sand lightly first? Some have eliminated the emblem by popping the rivets off the back, removing the emblem and then plugging the 2 holes remaining. The emblem imprint will most likely remain on the mat.

Just got an email from PartCatalog about the preorder for the MAXpider trunk liner for the Model 3. It looks pretty damn good and the price seems reasonable so I didn't hesitate and just ordered it. Says it ships in mid-January.

2018 Tesla Model 3 - Trunk MAXpider Cargo Mat [Covers Trunk, Black] MAX232263

m1tl0041309.jpg

Just got an email from PartCatalog about the preorder for the MAXpider trunk liner for the Model 3. It looks pretty damn good and the price seems reasonable so I didn't hesitate and just ordered it. Says it ships in mid-January.

2018 Tesla Model 3 - Trunk MAXpider Cargo Mat [Covers Trunk, Black] MAX232263

View attachment 356423

Wow, I've been waiting for this very thing and debating just this morning if I should buy the OEM Tesla version or not (as I wasn't too impressed with the OEM frunk mat). Thank you!

Reactions: PoitNarf
What part of the Frunk mat didn't impress you? I'm curious what else you are looking for in a mat?

Well I'm not some kind of frunk mat snob if that's what you're implying :). It just seemed flimsy and low quality (for the price and size) compared to the construction of my MAXpider floor mats. Granted they do different jobs; it just didn't wow me. It does its job and once it's in, I never think about it or touch it again. So, I'm not about to return it or anything, but I wasn't keen on buying a rear mat that is probably the same quality but larger when I use the trunk much more often than the frunk. I decided to wait, and I'm glad I did, because the MAXpider trunk mat looks much nicer to me (on paper at least) and comes in cheaper.

Basically, if I had never seen the MAXpider floor mats, I'd have been fine with the Tesla frunk mat. I got the frunk mat first, then the floor mats.

Last edited:
Well I'm not some kind of frunk mat snob if that's what you're implying :). It just seemed flimsy and low quality (for the price and size) compared to the construction of my MAXpider floor mats. Granted they do different jobs; it just didn't wow me. It does its job and once it's in, I never think about it or touch it again. So, I'm not about to return it or anything, but I wasn't keen on buying a rear mat that is probably the same quality but larger when I use the trunk much more often than the frunk. I decided to wait, and I'm glad I did, because the MAXpider trunk mat looks much nicer to me (on paper at least) and comes in cheaper.
Got it! I AM a proud mat snob... so had to ask. :)

I'll be curious to hear the reports. I'm quite happy with the front and rear WeatherTech/Tesla mats (I've used them in many cars previously, and they've been excellent.) I hope the Maxpider product is everything you hope for.

Reactions: ConcordeSST
These would've been great but that ugly huge unnecessary 3D logo just ruins the whole mat. Taking a black sharpie on the logo is not something I want to do in a Tesla. Going with the oem mats for this reason even though there is less coverage. They are 100x cleaner.
I have the Tesla all-weather mats. They shipped the week I ordered them and look great. I had Maxpiders on back order and just didn't need that sidewall coverage here in NorCal.

That's creative and doesn't look bad really since the black all kind of blends in visually and you added some texture to help. Personally I'm leaving the logo on and the thing that occasionally bothers me is when I'm barefoot on the passenger side of the car and hit my heel into the logo. Other than that it's not really an issue for me and the chrome goes well enough with the car to not offend me. I do love their kagu mats and can't wait for the frunk and custom trunk liner to be delivered. Soon!

I had just been thinking my frunk and cargo mat would be shipping soon (estimated Mid-January) and just got an email from PartCatalog that the Maxpider kagu frunk and cargo custom mats I have on pre-order are delayed in production from the manufacturer. I'm in a first batch of orders and given the following estimated ship dates now: Frunk - 2/15; Cargo - 2/28.

Sure this will apply to anyone who ordered them from whatever source.

I had just been thinking my frunk and cargo mat would be shipping soon (estimated Mid-January) and just got an email from PartCatalog that the Maxpider kagu frunk and cargo custom mats I have on pre-order are delayed in production from the manufacturer. I'm in a first batch of orders and given the following estimated ship dates now: Frunk - 2/15; Cargo - 2/28.

Sure this will apply to anyone who ordered them from whatever source.

I also got an email about the shipping delay. Bummer.