Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4 Bent Rims - 20" - Anyone else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20 and 19 rim options on the 3 are heavy also and maybe we are now finding out, weak.

The 18 stocker aero wheels however I'm quite impressed with. Very good weight, I think good styling and color without the aero cover and center hub covers on and then the ability to run the aero cover for better range is nice too. Part of me wants to get some Enkei RPF1s for summer but the stock 18 aeros are hard to beat when considering most use cases for daily driving use.

Reactions: StealthP3D
Here is my recent bend after hitting the following object below. Total bill was $1000/wheel ($350 tire, $650 rim). Had to replace two :(.

20181114_231200.jpg 20181114_231113.jpg
Intial - Bent 1.jpg
Intial - Bent 2.jpg

Is it documented anywhere?

Flow formed? Really? Source?

I don't think Tesla explicitly advertises it anywhere but it's been mentioned in a few threads/articles I've read over the past year and confirmed by wheel experts when I was researching my own wheel options for the car.

Most recently I've seen it mentioned by wheel expert Ian Pavelko (@TheMadHungarian) who is a prolific forum member on Model3OwnersClub.

See here at the 7:10 mark on the video where he talks about it some more:

@Jedi2155

Holy cow! That's the mother of all speed bumps. I actually live near Diamond Bar. Can you tell me what street is that? :D

Right by Cal Poly, between Valley/Holt and Campus Drive. I have the Pomona traffic engineer phone number I need to call but not sure if that road belongs to the University or the city.

@Jedi2155,

At what speed?

Ski

It was between 23-28 MPH according to TeslaFi. At 23 MPH, I was on top of the marker.
upload_2018-12-4_17-24-0.png