Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

40.2.1 rolling out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lost autopilot on the way home today. Now I get a message that says cruise control not available, also emgerency braking not available either. Firmware related or hardware problem?
Software bug. I've seen it on a previous release and it went away the next day (not the next drive.) Also check your cameras don't have dirt on them, but it sounds like you've just been hit by a bug.

It's the AP crippling sofware to comply with European regulation.

https://i.imgur.com/ca5MIXi.jpg

ca5MIXi.jpg

The lane changes in this version are vastly improved.
Living in NYC, most highways are very busy, with close following distances and aggressive drivers that fill in any gaps quickly.
Previous versions were far too hesitant to change lanes, to the point that I would generally take control 50% of the time or more.
I had multiple lane changes today where my wife was also shocked at how assertive & smooth it was.. she was surprised it was the car.

On the other hand, the car seems to be automatically re-adjusting for speed limits and cutting cruise speed erroneously a lot now.
I had this happen maybe twice, ever in the last year. Today it happened 2-3 times in 20 miles. Thought I was going to get rear ended and started getting passed on the left as I raced to re-adjust speed. My wife thought it was the return of phantom braking, but I could see the speed had set itself down (I had it doing 55 in a 45, then it auto-adjusted itself to 30 suddenly). In some ways this is worse than phantom braking as it then stays at the lower, sometimes unsafe speed.

Feel like it should audibly warn you before adjusting speed 25mph downwards!!

Reactions: scottf200
I could see the speed had set itself down (I had it doing 55 in a 45, then it auto-adjusted itself to 30 suddenly).

I’ve noticed after recent lane widening on a freeway, my car thinks it’s on the off ramp and slows the cruise speed down significantly.

It takes a long time it seems to correct new construction in navigation. Maybe should be helped by crowd sourcing like Waze.

I’ve noticed after recent lane widening on a freeway, my car thinks it’s on the off ramp and slows the cruise speed down significantly.

It takes a long time it seems to correct new construction in navigation. Maybe should be helped by crowd sourcing like Waze.
Our cars have had this issue for the past year and a half. Sometime my speed drops from 60 MPH on TACC down to 35 MPH and then jumps back to 70 MPH after passing an exit.