Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5 battery install Lake of the Pines

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@h2ofun Hey, you've got a system installed at roughly the same time as us (you're actually just a little distance away from me in Auburn, we're down off Dry Creek Road) -- could you check your powerwall TPN/model number on the physical unit, and see whether it matches the model number on the SLD that (hopefully?) Tesla left with you as part of the county permitting? I'm stuck trying to figure out how to push forward with PG&E, and need to sort out whether it's expected or not that tesla uses the original Powerwall 2TPN on the SLDs, even though they install newer model rev of the powerwalls.

@h2ofun Hey, you've got a system installed at roughly the same time as us (you're actually just a little distance away from me in Auburn, we're down off Dry Creek Road) -- could you check your powerwall TPN/model number on the physical unit, and see whether it matches the model number on the SLD that (hopefully?) Tesla left with you as part of the county permitting? I'm stuck trying to figure out how to push forward with PG&E, and need to sort out whether it's expected or not that tesla uses the original Powerwall 2TPN on the SLDs, even though they install newer model rev of the powerwalls.
do not know how to get the side cover off. Small world, I drive by dry creek all the time . My installer has taken care of everything with PGE and SGIP and the loan.

Man, what a different batteries make, and this was with my inverter down for a few days. Wonder if possible to get consumption to zero.

use.JPG

do not know how to get the side cover off. Small world, I drive by dry creek all the time . My installer has taken care of everything with PGE and SGIP and the loan.
The back grille (not the side with the power switch), there's a little tab at the bottom that you pull to access -- though actually, the more important part for me is what's written on the SLD if you have it. If not, don't worry about it :) I'm just excited to start taking advantage of all the sunny days we're going to keep having for a while...

The back grille (not the side with the power switch), there's a little tab at the bottom that you pull to access -- though actually, the more important part for me is what's written on the SLD if you have it. If not, don't worry about it :) I'm just excited to start taking advantage of all the sunny days we're going to keep having for a while...
What is SLD?

Got my first response back from PGE, and interesting it is called NEMPS.

First they told me I had added 15 panels that had not been approved, with a number of comments. I wrote back and said nope, the app, that she highlighted even had the correct breakdown, since we had to split the array. She came back and said sorry, and updated.

She has some comments about signage so I asked what missing since inspector approved, and I saw applied.

Then I did not sign, but I doc u signed.

And they want the solar cec in app changed from 3.21 to 3.019.

And she wants to know contact for the site inspection. Guess I will be in the 10% vines talked about.

I am impressed with the PGE NEM support. In the last few hours, I, installer and they all went back and forth on Emails with what needed to be fixed.
I and the installed updated forms, I sent pictures, etc. and PGE came back saying everything is clean now and has been forwarded to engineering to see if we can get PTO by May 25th. Was interesting PGE updated the form to say stay on my existing TOU-C plan. Will see how that plays out.

I am impressed with the PGE NEM support. In the last few hours, I, installer and they all went back and forth on Emails with what needed to be fixed.
I and the installed updated forms, I sent pictures, etc. and PGE came back saying everything is clean now and has been forwarded to engineering to see if we can get PTO by May 25th. Was interesting PGE updated the form to say stay on my existing TOU-C plan. Will see how that plays out.

Sounds good, I guess these pictures were what PG&E had to send someone back to my house to get for my case. But PG&E never asked me for pictures so I’m not sure what they wanted to see.

The EV2A requirement is related to SGIP, you may be told later to switch TOU rates after you get PTO.

Sounds good, I guess these pictures were what PG&E had to send someone back to my house to get for my case. But PG&E never asked me for pictures so I’m not sure what they wanted to see.

The EV2A requirement is related to SGIP, you may be told later to switch TOU rates after you get PTO.
Yep, that is what I am assuming for rates.

I am glad she took my picture to address her signage issues. At least its one step forward, but its 15 business days to see what else we maybe missing.

I just gave my installer the green light to try and add 41 more panels. This shall be interesting.

But the Generator isn't called out expressly on your placard eeeeeekkkk.

BTW did PG&E really ask you for this signage? Or did they want some other signage/
since i got generator in 2019 disconnects were not code. they are now

country inspection needed signage. then pge says it was missing. not sure if they did or did not have picture so sent them on and they were happy.