Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

500 mile range? LOL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hard-working people with amibition, who're willing to make sacrifices succeed from any background. They're the "overachievers", which is what underachievers who don't value hard work enough call achievers who maximize their abilities.

He worked extremely hard and has enough intelligence and skill to be a computer programmer who created high-value software that made him wealthy, and then continued to work hard and use his money to create and fund SpaceX and fund Tesla, both of which he helped steer to success. Wealth generated from those have helped fund other companies.

The world would be much worse without Tesla and SpaceX.

Tesla's success has been of huge benefit to transportation policy, as without it there's no significant chance that support for EVs would be as strong.

SpaceX has already radically improved rocket launching, destroying the idea that it has to be expensive. As a result SpaceX is already providing valuable telecommunications that would previously have been prohibitively expensive, and if it can succeed with Starship and Super Heavy will _radically_ transform space with a cheap heavy lift platform.

His other companies are also trying to do hard things that if successful will be hugely beneficial, with Boring's effort's seriously underappreciated.

His opinions on social issues have only been negative for his image, which really shows that outside of business he isn't influential at all.

Overall, he's an extremely net positive asshole.
I agree he is an asshole, but disagree with just about everything else. He is successful, but I don’t think hard work or ingenuity played a big role in that.

SpaceX is doing cool stuff. It’s also the company Elon is most hands off with. Tesla perhaps accelerated the adoption of EVs, but I think we would have gotten there anyway. Tesla also went off the rails when Elon became obsessed with fsd / robo taxis / camera everything. I am hopeful that Tesla might start doing better now that Musk is preoccupied with twitter and is letting Tom Zhu handle the nuts and bolts.

Boring hasn’t accomplished anything of value. Neuralink is a disaster in the making.

Last edited:
I agree he is an asshole, but disagree with just about everything else. He is successful, but I don’t think hard work or ingenuity played a big role in that.

SpaceX is doing cool stuff. It’s also the company Elon is most hands off with. Tesla perhaps accelerated the adoption of EVs, but I think we would have gotten there anyway. Tesla also went off the rails when Elon became obsessed with fsd / robo taxis / camera everything. I am hopeful that Tesla might start doing better now that Musk is preoccupied with twitter and is letting Tom Zhu handle the nuts and bolts.

Boring hasn’t accomplished anything of value. Neuralink is a disaster in the making.
Spoken like a true zealot - wrong and either ignorant of the facts or intentionally lying. No history. You are clearly so anti-Musk that you haven't even read what his contributions were. Musk is no saint and I'm sure you or I would have made some different decisions, but his contributions were significant.

But you wouldn't know, as you use scorched earth tactics against whomever would dare to write down the history, because they must have been paid off to write about a person like Musk. You seem like the kind of person that gives every benefit of the doubt to those whom you agree with and none to those with whom you disagree. The world is more nuanced than that. Saddens me to see such a closed mind.

Reactions: TessP100D
Spoken like a true zealot - wrong and either ignorant of the facts or intentionally lying. No history. You are clearly so anti-Musk that you haven't even read what his contributions were. Musk is no saint and I'm sure you or I would have made some different decisions, but his contributions were significant.

But you wouldn't know, as you use scorched earth tactics against whomever would dare to write down the history, because they must have been paid off to write about a person like Musk. You seem like the kind of person that gives every benefit of the doubt to those whom you agree with and none to those with whom you disagree. The world is more nuanced than that. Saddens me to see such a closed mind.
I am anti musk, no argument there. I have read of his so called contributions. But I do read past the surface. He has personally contributed nothing of substance to his companies. The few places where he’s had direct involvement (with Tesla specifically, FSD, decontenting of vehicles, and the cybertruck itself are notable examples) were generally poor decisions that set back his products / companies.

Where I will give him credit is he is very good at convincing investors to give him money, and he has clearly been successful at cultivating a cult of personality.

Ironic you would call me a Zealot when you have completely drank the koolaid and come to his defense for the smallest slight against him.

Moderator Note: 28 posts moved away to Politics - Quarantine Thread. Couldn't really find a better place to move them (other than perhaps /dev/null). Easily could have moved more. Some collateral damage there, innocent posts that were just part of the subtext and would be orphaned once I removed the other ones. If you had anything of value in those posts, you can find them in the link and copy/paste back into this thread.

Meanwhile, the topic is Cybertruck range. Please keep it to that moving forward. Much appreciated!

Keep saying what you like but don't tell others they are debbie downers. You are entitled to your opinion as am I. You are not entitled to belittle others because they have different views than you. Be happy and excited about the Cybertruck but also admit that it didn't turn out how you expected. That doesn't have to be bad, just different. But don't tell anybody else they are wrong for feeling how they are unless there are facts there are wrong about. So now that there are facts about price and range, are you still excited about the Cybertruck?
There are definitely "Debbie Downers" on this forum that feel the need to post negative comments to everything. Yea, we get it, some feature didn't make it you fell in love with, okay, whatever, don't buy it then, we don't care. It's like they're on a mission to spread Tesla and Elon hate for some reason.

Also, You don't get to dictate what others post unless you own the place. If I've hurt somebody's feelings by calling out their nonsense I'm sure they have a mommy with a shoulder in which to cry.

My expectations during the concept reveal were simply "this is cool, I wonder what the production truck is going to look like". Constantly amazed that people thought all that would make it into a production vehicle.

I can't wait to take delivery, exceeded my expectations with the exception of range.

If we're categorizing I'll take "fanboy" over "troll" any day.

Last edited:
Man, I keep flipping back and forth on buying the CT. After see some posts about real world range (70-80mph, tow, etc), it's now off again. Ugh. I'll prob have 1yr to decide... hopefully when people actually have reviews of it. Such a rollercoaster. lol. <rant off>
I'd just relax and watch it play out. I have one of the 2 million reservations but there's probably a million ahead of me. Plenty of time to enjoy reading about it, watching how others live with it. This is probably not a near-term decision for most reservation holders. If it is a neart-term decision for you, congratulations and consider buying, it because even a year from now when the agreement allows you to sell, it will still be scarce.

I'd just relax and watch it play out. I have one of the 2 million reservations but there's probably a million ahead of me. Plenty of time to enjoy reading about it, watching how others live with it. This is probably not a near-term decision for most reservation holders. If it is a neart-term decision for you, congratulations and consider buying, it because even a year from now when the agreement allows you to sell, it will still be scarce.
It's hard to be sure but I'm thinking the majority of the people will drop off from the CT reservations. Most would have been expecting the base version at 40K and would have to drop because it is out of their price range. On the high end a bunch are going to be turned off by the range and drop for that reason.

Last edited:
Man, I keep flipping back and forth on buying the CT. After see some posts about real world range (70-80mph, tow, etc), it's now off again. Ugh. I'll prob have 1yr to decide... hopefully when people actually have reviews of it. Such a rollercoaster. lol. <rant off>

Most people here said the same things about the P3D before it came out, and I bought one anyway. It's been the best choice of vehicle I've ever made.

Tesla could put out a 1000 mile per charge vehicle and you will see the same type of complaints.

My suggestion - put in your reservation and wait to see "real world" information from people who own one. Your reservation won't be fulfilled before you see "real world" responses.

It's hard to be sure but I'm thinking the majority of the people will drop off from the CT reservations. Most would have been expecting the base version at 40K and would have to drop because it is out of their price range. On the high end a bunch are going to be turned off by the range and drop for that reason.

I just placed a reservation for the beast.

Fine with me if everyone gets out of the way and I get mine sooner.

Let the FUD flow.

Most people here said the same things about the P3D before it came out, and I bought one anyway. It's been the best choice of vehicle I've ever made.

Tesla could put out a 1000 mile per charge vehicle and you will see the same type of complaints.

My suggestion - put in your reservation and wait to see "real world" information from people who own one. Your reservation won't be fulfilled before you see "real world" responses.
1000 mile Range cars? Really. I don’t think you will see complaints about that. When EV can have big range and blistering fast charging, thsts when…. EV’s will replace ICE, but not before then

• Disagree
Reactions: coleAK and STUtoday
1000 mile Range cars? Really. I don’t think you will see complaints about that. When EV can have big range and blistering fast charging, thsts when…. EV’s will replace ICE, but not before then

Oh yes we would see complaints about a 1000 mile vehicle. It would have to cost $350K or something ridiculous like that.

Honest-to-God truth. I have a P3D and have only used its full battery range once in 180K+ miles. Even on road trips - I only have a 200 mile bladder.
I stop 6 times from Chicago to the coast of New Jersy. Not because I want to - but because I have to - and that's not really a problem for me.

Oh yes we would see complaints about a 1000 mile vehicle. It would have to cost $350K or something ridiculous like that.

Honest-to-God truth. I have a P3D and have only used its full battery range once in 180K+ miles. Even on road trips - I only have a 200 mile bladder.
I stop 6 times from Chicago to the coast of New Jersy. Not because I want to - but because I have to - and that's not really a problem for me.
Ok. Happy for you.