Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

500 mile range? LOL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a point that many who don't ever tow anything don't really get. Having the charge port on the right or left rear is the worst location for towing. That's why Rivian's towing vehicles (R1T/R1S) locate their charge ports on the front left. While pull-through chargers are wonderful, they are few and far between, almost non-existent big picture, so you have to pull into the parking spot (you cannot back into any charging stall when you have a trailer) and therefore you locate the charging port closest to the charger such that you don't have to disconnect your trailer to charge. Rivian/Ford got this right. Cybertruck/Silverado EV got this completely wrong in comparison. For those who tow often with their EVs, the manufacturers should offer a "towing package" option that locates the charge port up front front for this reason.

Although, I think it's worth pointing out that the charge port location being good for towing is just a coincidence. Detroit put it there on their PHEVs, which came before their BEVs. Even though it's not the best for everybody, it offers the best possible convenience for home charging for many.

If you _really_ wanted it placed for towing, you'd put it on the front of the vehicle, like the Leaf, Kona or Niro, not on the side.

not so sure,
1712156000680.png

and if its a dealer, -$4K potentially
haggle plus -$4K, maybe acq for $29K

Reactions: coleAK and oldsport
falling apart, those are alarmist stories, nothing is falling apart
actual recalls requiring dealer visits is lead by Ford and the legacy manuf
View attachment 1035130

Yeah and those people are quick to get rid of it. That’s my point about “die hards”

Tesla owners keep their Teslas despite all the issues. Hell, they even go out and buy the same one, have more issues and still claim “it’s the best car I ever had” 🤣🤣🤣

It’s obvious the Cybertruck was rushed out, owners are having issues with it as soon as it rolls out of the dealer parking lot…. But yet people are putting down their $100k on a lemon.

Yeah and those people are quick to get rid of it. That’s my point about “die hards”

Tesla owners keep their Teslas despite all the issues. Hell, they even go out and buy the same one, have more issues and still claim “it’s the best car I ever had” 🤣🤣🤣

It’s obvious the Cybertruck was rushed out, owners are having issues with it as soon as it rolls out of the dealer parking lot…. But yet people are putting down their $100k on a lemon.
not sure where you are getting your facts
my family has four Ts, never any issues at all, perfect from delivery
in fact, I just had rot and align on my MY and bought the service center breakfast, the best
a majority of the CTs are perfect as well, many happen owners
again, not sure where you are getting your facts

not sure where you are getting your facts
my family has four Ts, never any issues at all, perfect from delivery
in fact, I just had rot and align on my MY and bought the service center breakfast, the best
a majority of the CTs are perfect as well, many happen owners
again, not sure where you are getting your facts

You’re right, Tesla’s are perfect …

I’ll say it before you do…. “Paid Shills”

🤣🤣🤣

not so sure, View attachment 1035069
and if its a dealer, -$4K potentially
haggle plus -$4K, maybe acq for $29K

EV incentives

"For the first time, buyers of used EVs will get a tax credit, either $4,000 or 30 percent of the sale price of the vehicle, whichever is lower. But that’s only if they buy a car from a dealership, and only if the vehicle wasn’t previously resold after Aug. 16, 2022. In other words, a one-owner used car sold at an authorized dealership may be eligible for a tax credit, but a two-owner car won’t be."

Reactions: HitchHiker71
You’re right, Tesla’s are perfect …

I’ll say it before you do…. “Paid Shills”

🤣🤣🤣
CR is a liberal rag that hates Elon Musk.
CR probably includes "recalls" in their rating of Teslas which is nothing more than an over the air update. 😂

Reactions: Yelobird
CR is a liberal rag that hates Elon Musk.
CR probably includes "recalls" in their rating of Teslas which is nothing more than an over the air update. 😂
From the article:

“Before diving deeper into the rankings, it is crucial to understand how Consumer Reports creates its yearly reliability rankings in the first place. This year, the company surveyed over 300,000 vehicles (sold between 2000-2022), and over the past year, owners were asked to report issues they had with their vehicles. Issues were categorized into 17 categories; engine issues, transmission issues, interior electronics issues, etc. From this accumulation of data, Consumer Reports then gives each brand a grade out of 100 regarding their overall reliability.“

So whatever “liberal rag” is supposed to imply, you can attack the methodology if you want. But this is owner reported data.

From the article:

“Before diving deeper into the rankings, it is crucial to understand how Consumer Reports creates its yearly reliability rankings in the first place. This year, the company surveyed over 300,000 vehicles (sold between 2000-2022), and over the past year, owners were asked to report issues they had with their vehicles. Issues were categorized into 17 categories; engine issues, transmission issues, interior electronics issues, etc. From this accumulation of data, Consumer Reports then gives each brand a grade out of 100 regarding their overall reliability.“

So whatever “liberal rag” is supposed to imply, you can attack the methodology if you want. But this is owner reported data.
But self selecting owners (of course that applies to all brands)....the weighting is the critical issue...changing what’s written on buttons would be a big problem on a conventional car...but for a digital car it’s negligible.

EV incentives

"For the first time, buyers of used EVs will get a tax credit, either $4,000 or 30 percent of the sale price of the vehicle, whichever is lower. But that’s only if they buy a car from a dealership, and only if the vehicle wasn’t previously resold after Aug. 16, 2022. In other words, a one-owner used car sold at an authorized dealership may be eligible for a tax credit, but a two-owner car won’t be."
The used EV tax credit also has a maximum price of $25k for the vehicle. This is great for the cheaper Nissan Leafs/Chevy Volt/Bolts of the world, but most used one owner Tesla's aren't sold for under $25k - at least not yet. Several of the recent Hertz Tesla EVs fell under this price point - likely on purpose to attempt to move their inventory faster.

From the article:

How many Tesla owners were surveyed out of the 300,000 vehicles? How many of the 17 categories apply to EV's? Inquiring minds want to know.
I stopped my CR subscription 30 years ago and haven't looked back.

Reactions: Yelobird
The used EV tax credit also has a maximum price of $25k for the vehicle. This is great for the cheaper Nissan Leafs/Chevy Volt/Bolts of the world, but most used one owner Tesla's aren't sold for under $25k - at least not yet. Several of the recent Hertz Tesla EVs fell under this price point - likely on purpose to attempt to move their inventory faster.
True, as the following article states. Also a lower income qualification ($150K joint income)
Used EV credit