Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

60/75 pack updated to 90 - aftermarket?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not quite lol... pretty sure you can expect at least $20,000 for a 100kWhr pack... Not long ago I was quoted $32k

I was quoted about the same $30k to go from a 75D -> 100D due to pack scarcity. For that much it's just easier and better to trade in an pick up a 100D. If they got it down to $15k/$20k then that's a different story.

i was reading the module price. and they are clearly listed as "used".
As are our "core" modules .... the modules you give up in exchange. Those might even be in worse shape than this ebay pack - especially if this is a truly honest member, as claimed above. However if you - for example had a 60X, & considered the many $1000's you'd spend to simply software upgrade via your service center? Heck - all you get for THAT upgrade is 10kWh's .... & those are used modules too, albeit your own software limited cells.

Now consider via this aftermarket guy, you would be looking at least a 25kWh upgrade going this aftermarket route, up to a 90kWh pack. THAT upgrade, from a 60, works out to ~ 47¢ (including labor) Wh, back of the napkin - for your kWh buying dollar. Right?

Reactions: Olds442